IGNORED

BT

DJI

I hope the board realise that it is not working under BT in the summer and get rid. He was a great player but awful manager and if he is responsible for recruitment that deserves a sacking on its own.. Leave him to oversee the youth set up if you like but dont let him have any input into 1st team affairs he seems to have too much influence

1 minute ago, westonred said:

I hope the board realise that it is not working under BT in the summer and get rid. He was a great player but awful manager and if he is responsible for recruitment that deserves a sacking on its own.. Leave him to oversee the youth set up if you like but dont let him have any input into 1st team affairs he seems to have too much influence

Tinnion does need to go, still cannot believe he was given that role. Stay as a club legend player side and leave it at that. 

• Like 1

Back in the day, City had a terrible habit of appointing from within, without the person appointed having any real merit. "Jobs for the boys" - and it was obvious that some right rubbish got jobs, in all sorts of roles.

Would Tinman (sadly) fall into that category? He did an amazing job with the academy. Maybe he needs a strong person to stand up to him, say...Gould. 

41 minutes ago, westonred said:

To be fair to BT 'the manager' he only had 1 full season in 2004/2005 and we finished 1 point off the play offs, finishing in 7th place.

However, I agree that he should have stayed in his academy job role though, it was the perfect role for him at the club...

Edited by Tomo
  • Hmmm 1

17 minutes ago, westonred said:

BT’s influence on how/if we are able to release the purse strings in the summer worries me in that it will all be directed towards acquiring young players to develop.

Max Bird might be able to step up but whilst the philosophy of acquiring from the likes of Aldershot and League of Ireland is good and needs to continue, surely it must not be applied fully.

We need to bring in some Championship experience and I have no faith that BT will go down that route with part of the allegedly available nest egg.  In his Radio B interview one of the statements was about the importance of getting a “big number 9” that is/may be right but (a) where is that player going to be recruited from and at what age and (b) little point if others to provide the service are not going to be brought in.

Out of our reach wage wise for sure but someone like Chris Wood would perhaps do this club good but this level of experienced player would frighten the life out of BT and possibly LM also.

BT confuses IMO the success of finding and developing young players (and selling some on) with the success of the club on the pitch in the present.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

To be fair to BT 'the manager' he only had 1 full season in 2004/2005 and we finished 1 point off the play offs, finishing in 7th place.

Why is that being fair? The season before we lost in the play off final. The next season we had Leroy Lita scoring 24 goals that season. It was a massive failure. 

• Flames 4

5 minutes ago, Selred said:

Why is that being fair? The season before we lost in the play off final. The next season we had Leroy Lita scoring 24 goals that season. It was a massive failure. 

100%, we made the playoffs in the previous two seasons, he then took us backwards & in his second season brought in loads of absolutely disastrous signings.

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

I don’t think that BT should get all the blame when, as suggested sacking Nige was a combined decision in which JL and his dad would have had the final word.

Hence the word “scapegoated’ - certainly by many posters on here

He's the only one of the three ultimately sackeable.

That's the difference.

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

100%, we made the playoffs in the previous two seasons, he then took us backwards & in his second season brought in loads of absolutely disastrous signings.

Signing players with no thoughts on style? My technikal director.

• Robin 1

Judge me on Tinnion - Lansdown 2005

He hates being wrong doesn't he, wounded the first time, he has allowed him back into prime time to prove a point. Steve, we judged you the first time, 2 decades have not changed anything. 

Third time lucky is not allowed either.

• Like 1

Looking back at Tinnion's "see you in the premiership" tweet, it makes you wonder whether he genuinely believes we are a top 6 squad.  Insane to think both Pearson and Manning could end up being sacked because of it. 

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, RollsRoyce said:

Judge me on Tinnion - Lansdown 2005

He hates being wrong doesn't he, wounded the first time, he has allowed him back into prime time to prove a point. Steve, we judged you the first time, 2 decades have not changed anything. 

Third time lucky is not allowed either.

While sl would of ok'd it BT role is purely a JL appointment 

2 hours ago, Graham76 said:

Looking back at Tinnion's "see you in the premiership" tweet, it makes you wonder whether he genuinely believes we are a top 6 squad.  Insane to think both Pearson and Manning could end up being sacked because of it. 

He probably believes everything he's told to believe!

9 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Tinnion does need to go, still cannot believe he was given that role. Stay as a club legend player side and leave it at that. 

Can never get my head around him being a club legend, played most of his career with us in the 3rd division, club legend to means, Terry cooper, gow, Atyeo,  for me he’s already tarnished himself by all the bullshit he’s been spouting,🐍

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, Floatn Over said:

BT’s influence on how/if we are able to release the purse strings in the summer worries me in that it will all be directed towards acquiring young players to develop.

Max Bird might be able to step up but whilst the philosophy of acquiring from the likes of Aldershot and League of Ireland is good and needs to continue, surely it must not be applied fully.

We need to bring in some Championship experience and I have no faith that BT will go down that route with part of the allegedly available nest egg.  In his Radio B interview one of the statements was about the importance of getting a “big number 9” that is/may be right but (a) where is that player going to be recruited from and at what age and (b) little point if others to provide the service are not going to be brought in.

Out of our reach wage wise for sure but someone like Chris Wood would perhaps do this club good but this level of experienced player would frighten the life out of BT and possibly LM also.

BT confuses IMO the success of finding and developing young players (and selling some on) with the success of the club on the pitch in the present.

What would happen if we swapped places with derby, bird would be gutted.

3 hours ago, Graham76 said:

That was the most unprofessional, ridiculous thing to post. It came across as petulant. Then he returned after a couple of wins and like posts being constructive around how Nige was apparently backed, only to promptly disappear again when going got tough. If we had won last night he would have been all over the socials, that’s not leadership. Leave it all together. 

2 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

What would happen if we swapped places with derby, bird would be gutted.

Yes, he would. 

He might be anyway. 

It's his boyhood club, isn't it?

He's made a blunder, I think.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Graham76 said:

I think he’s just a little bit immature.