IGNORED

BT

DJI

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Tinnion has probably had a promotion too far. It wasn't that long ago that he was viewed as a genius skillfully placing academy kids out on loan, monitoring their progress and feeding back information when they might advance to the 1st team squad. Funny how things change. 

Not what you know, who you know. I’m still waiting for Millen to come back as CFO. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Has anyone got any actual evidence that BT got rid of Nige? I thought it was JL that wanted him gone after his comments just over a year ago that he was expecting City to have progressed further.

It wasn’t him on his own but he was a key part of it. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, One Team said:

Exactly.

I’ve got no real beef with Tinnion, but can you imagine JL or GM or SL just announcing to BT - we are gonna sack Nige.  He’s the Technical Director, of course he was involved in it.

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

5 minutes ago, One Team said:

This reminds of “smoke and mirrors” scenario - how do any of us know how much Tinnion was involved in Nige’s departure? is he being scapegoated? Was he involved at all?

The bottom line is that none of us know what goes on within the AG hierarchy. It’s a secretive set as it is many professional football clubs.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Exactly.

I’ve got no real beef with Tinnion, but can you imagine JL or GM or SL just announcing to BT - we are gonna sack Nige.  He’s the Technical Director, of course he was involved in it.

Indeed Fevs. I have been very reliably informed he was. 

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

This reminds of “smoke and mirrors” scenario - how do any of us know how much Tinnion was involved in Nige’s departure? is he being scapegoated? Was he involved at all?

The bottom line is that none of us know what goes on within the AG hierarchy. It’s a secretive set as it is many professional football clubs.

I think you’re being incredibly naive if you think he wasn’t and he’s being scapegoated.  So, they sacked Nige, Phil, Dave, Jason and Curtis, but the only man left in that structure had no involvement.

okayyyyyyyy!

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 4

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Exactly.

Assuming that BT was involved but not his individual decision - does he really deserve all the criticism aimed at him?

My understanding of Nige getting sacked was down to JL and of course the main man, SL.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Cmon RR...you can't be serious?

Of course he was involved. He's the footballing technical director. The guy running the football side of the show. 

JL isn't going to sack NP on his own. In fact it was most likely a directive from BT to JL to dismiss. 

Can you imagine JL saying to BT he's going to sack NP if BT supported NP. Not a chance. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think you’re being incredibly naive if you think he wasn’t and he’s being scapegoated.  So, they sacked Nige, Phil, Dave, Jason and Curtis, but the only man left in that structure had no involvement.

I don’t think that BT should get all the blame when, as suggested sacking Nige was a combined decision in which JL and his dad would have had the final word.

Hence the word “scapegoated’ - certainly by many posters on here

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Oh get a grip man . He’s the bloody technical director. In other words overseeing all football matters . Of course he was heavily involved 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

Cmon RR...you can't be serious?

Of course he was involved. He's the footballing technical director. The guy running the football side of the show. 

JL isn't going to sack NP on his own. In fact it was most likely a directive from BT to JL to dismiss. 

Can you imagine JL saying to BT he's going to sack NP if BT supported NP. Not a chance. 

Hmmmm……..JL is omniscient within AG, since his dad is pretty much retired. 

Not that it matters now but I wouldn’t be in the slightest bit surprised if JL took the decision in isolation.

Just now, Robbored said:

Not that it matters now but I wouldn’t be in the slightest bit surprised if JL took the decision in isolation.

Seriously RR...that's nuts. 

If BT had wanted NP here, and JL had sacked NP on a whim, because he could, BT would have gone nuts. 

The amount of time put into the players, recruitment, analysis, money, contracts etc etc...you just don't sack someone on a whim. 

This sacking was planned months ahead....hence no money being given to NP. 

They were just biding their time. 

JL won't be making decisions...he will be getting advice from BT. This was led by the footballing side of the club and signed off by JL and SL. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You are naive then…confirmed!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

Seriously RR...that's nuts. 

If BT had wanted NP here, and JL had sacked NP on a whim, because he could, BT would have gone nuts. 

The amount of time put into the players, recruitment, analysis, money, contracts etc etc...you just don't sack someone on a whim. 

This sacking was planned months ahead....hence no money being given to NP. 

They were just biding their time. 

JL won't be making decisions...he will be getting advice from BT. This was led by the footballing side of the club and signed off by JL and SL. 

That’s definitely true Spud and Nige knew it.

I remember JL bemoaning the ‘lack of progress’ publicly about a year ago. He got slated on here Iirc.

24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I don’t think that BT should get all the blame when, as suggested sacking Nige was a combined decision in which JL and his dad would have had the final word.

Hence the word “scapegoated’ - certainly by many posters on here

Tinnion was the one working with Pearson on a day to day basis. 

He's the one that stabbed him in the back.

Edited by Superjack
  • Like 4
  • Flames 3

5 hours ago, DJI said:

Sense of honesty. As people have rightfully said, LM saw this job as a bigger and better step for his career. I am sure he came to us with every good intention. What I think he didn't factor in at any stage was BT involvement. I think he is pulling all the strings at the moment, he can baffle JL with his football knowledge, he can hoodwink academy players with his involvement generally and he can dictate to LM on a daily basis as he can probably opt when to pull the plug. I don't think it's rocket science either that certain players have had enough, they perform in the big games in the hope of a move and could really care about the lower matches as they don't see their futures at lower clubs. Tonight will be a good example I feel. I was of the opinion that NP time was probably up and I felt a young manager with good coaches supporting him might be the answer, what i didn't expect was BT becoming the background manager in what really now is his 2nd spell in charge.

answer. Get rid  of BT now, give LM the chance to show us if he is capable without others interference. See  if he can manage and coach the players in a way that they support him , their team mates and the fans. 

And you have inside knowledge to know this is correct?

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

That’s definitely true Spud and Nige knew it.

I remember JL bemoaning the ‘lack of progress’ publicly about a year ago. He got slated on here Iirc.

JL wouldn't be holding back money if BT was behind NP. 

You imo, are giving way too much ' authority's to JL. 

Imagine... ' High Jon, it's Dad...I see you want to sack NP? Yes Dad...he broke my crayons. Regardless of that Jon...have you spoken to Brian? Yes Dad...he wants to keep NP. But I'm going to over rule him. But Jon...you know **** all about football, that's why we've put Brian in place to run the footballing side. I suggest you speak to him and listen to his guidance....But Dad...he hurt my feelings...shut up Jon, listen to Brian.'

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, DJI said:

Sense of honesty. As people have rightfully said, LM saw this job as a bigger and better step for his career. I am sure he came to us with every good intention. What I think he didn't factor in at any stage was BT involvement. I think he is pulling all the strings at the moment, he can baffle JL with his football knowledge, he can hoodwink academy players with his involvement generally and he can dictate to LM on a daily basis as he can probably opt when to pull the plug. I don't think it's rocket science either that certain players have had enough, they perform in the big games in the hope of a move and could really care about the lower matches as they don't see their futures at lower clubs. Tonight will be a good example I feel. I was of the opinion that NP time was probably up and I felt a young manager with good coaches supporting him might be the answer, what i didn't expect was BT becoming the background manager in what really now is his 2nd spell in charge.

answer. Get rid  of BT now, give LM the chance to show us if he is capable without others interference. See  if he can manage and coach the players in a way that they support him , their team mates and the fans. 

Watching tonight, maybe I am not wrong. Great effort from the players in a showcase match. Strangely though the last 10-15mins we weren't pressing so much. A reaction as promised but can't hold a lead, yes Ipswich were good but we're they better than us for the first 75 mins, I think not. This was Mannings football I think, not BT but let's see what's served up against Swansea, must win game I would argue but not on Sky and not a team most of our players would be keen on joining. If I was a betting man I would say another loss on the cards. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

I really don’t get why Tinnion gets all this bad press. What’s he said or done to deserve all the grief he’s getting?

Can anyone explain why he’s the number one fall guy?

First major decision in a new role he is unqualified for was to sack Nige and appoint Manning.

Absolute gross negligence and incompetence of the highest order.

Picture of him overseeing training on Mannings first day scared the living shit out of me.

Too weird all around and he must go

• Flames 4

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

First major decision in a new role he is unqualified for was to sack Nige and appoint Manning.

Absolute gross negligence and incompetence of the highest order.

Picture of him overseeing training on Mannings first day scared the living shit out of me.

Too weird all around and he must go

Got any evidence of that? Seems odd to me that BT could make that kind of decision.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Got any evidence of that? Seems odd to me that BT could make that kind of decision.

Genuine question . Are you stupid ? Can you really not know how it works. I’ve said to you once already . HE IS IN CONTROL OF ALL FOOTBALL MATTERS. JL has admitted he knows nothing about the game . He takes his advice from tinnion . Manning is 100% tinnions appointment . A young inexperienced coach that can be manipulated . He will tow the party line that Pearson wouldn’t 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, DJI said:

Genuine questions 

1 what football qualifications does BT have?

2 what does his job description as Technical Director encompass?

3 who is he accountable to?  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Genuine question . Are you stupid ? Can you really not know how it works. I’ve said to you once already . HE IS IN CONTROL OF ALL FOOTBALL MATTERS. JL has admitted he knows nothing about the game . He takes his advice from tinnion . Manning is 100% tinnions appointment . A young inexperienced coach that can be manipulated . He will tow the party line that Pearson wouldn’t 

Yes he is.

Don’t bother arguing with him, he’ll just keep repeating the same inane argument ad nauseam.

Even when confronted with clear contrary evidence (like the nonsense he regularly spouts about the Hull playoff final) he doubles down.

Not worth it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Yes he is.

Don’t bother arguing with him, he’ll just keep repeating the same inane argument ad nauseam.

Even when confronted with clear contrary evidence (like the nonsense he regularly spouts about the Hull playoff final) he doubles down.

Not worth it.

He really should be a Lansdown.