IGNORED

BT

DJI

Sense of honesty. As people have rightfully said, LM saw this job as a bigger and better step for his career. I am sure he came to us with every good intention. What I think he didn't factor in at any stage was BT involvement. I think he is pulling all the strings at the moment, he can baffle JL with his football knowledge, he can hoodwink academy players with his involvement generally and he can dictate to LM on a daily basis as he can probably opt when to pull the plug. I don't think it's rocket science either that certain players have had enough, they perform in the big games in the hope of a move and could really care about the lower matches as they don't see their futures at lower clubs. Tonight will be a good example I feel. I was of the opinion that NP time was probably up and I felt a young manager with good coaches supporting him might be the answer, what i didn't expect was BT becoming the background manager in what really now is his 2nd spell in charge.

answer. Get rid  of BT now, give LM the chance to show us if he is capable without others interference. See  if he can manage and coach the players in a way that they support him , their team mates and the fans. 

• Like 6
  • Hmmm 1

9 minutes ago, DJI said:

Sense of honesty. As people have rightfully said, LM saw this job as a bigger and better step for his career. I am sure he came to us with every good intention. What I think he didn't factor in at any stage was BT involvement. I think he is pulling all the strings at the moment, he can baffle JL with his football knowledge, he can hoodwink academy players with his involvement generally and he can dictate to LM on a daily basis as he can probably opt when to pull the plug. I don't think it's rocket science either that certain players have had enough, they perform in the big games in the hope of a move and could really care about the lower matches as they don't see their futures at lower clubs. Tonight will be a good example I feel. I was of the opinion that NP time was probably up and I felt a young manager with good coaches supporting him might be the answer, what i didn't expect was BT becoming the background manager in what really now is his 2nd spell in charge.

answer. Get rid  of BT now, give LM the chance to show us if he is capable without others interference. See  if he can manage and coach the players in a way that they support him , their team mates and the fans. 

LM is the problem not BT. To put it bluntly as a manager and motivator he is shite.

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 10
  • Flames 3
  • Facepalm 6

1 hour ago, DJI said:

I would too but I'm not sure that LM is good enough to manage the team on his own 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Just what this forum needed, another Tinnion and Manning thread. 

Agreed, a bit out of hand now, but there you are. Not a big deal for me, though odd when some of the slightly more level headed contributors simply rehash other threads themselves. It's if they want to win the day or something ... 

16 minutes ago, Selred said:

LM potentially isn't the right man for the job.

BT isn't the right man for the job, as he hired Manning. He shouldn't be allowed to hire Mannings replacement.

Both are the problem.

Exactly, shows what a f uckwit BT is to think Manning could lead this club, 2 minutes listening to him drone on and I'd be 'thanks we'll be in touch and watch the door doesn't bang your ass on the way out'

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Agreed, a bit out of hand now, but there you are. Not a big deal for me, though odd when some of the slightly more level headed contributors simply rehash other threads themselves. It's if they want to win the day or something ... 

Hang on….there are level headed contributors???

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Selred said:

BT isn't the right man for the job, as he hired Manning. He shouldn't be allowed to hire Mannings replacement.

Both are the problem.

Put JL in with them please!

• Flames 1

14 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Exactly, shows what a f uckwit BT is to think Manning could lead this club, 2 minutes listening to him drone on and I'd be 'thanks we'll be in touch and watch the door doesn't bang your ass on the way out'

Imagine the interview - those two droning on with  JL doodling new badges and not paying attention. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Tinnion has probably had a promotion too far. It wasn't that long ago that he was viewed as a genius skillfully placing academy kids out on loan, monitoring their progress and feeding back information when they might advance to the 1st team squad. Funny how things change. 

Edited by RoystonFoote'snephew
Added content
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

At the time Oxford were 2nd (now 7th), he was also unlucky to not get MK Dons promoted. 

His CV was okay, you can't judge just on personality.

37 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

BT? Is he qualified? Has he got an ology?

image.jpeg.59ddcbb63f21745a689e762be4e10b57.jpeg

29 minutes ago, 1team said:

Shame his initials aren't BG. Could've resurrected "Tell Sid". 

13 minutes ago, Homer Simpson said:

He's got a Teknology.

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, DJI said:

But Tinnion’s job is as director of football, that’s his job! The rest is pure speculation 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Tinnion has probably had a promotion too far. It wasn't that long ago that he was viewed as a genius skillfully placing academy kids out on loan, monitoring their progress and feeding back information when they might advance to the 1st team squad. Funny how things change. 

Very generous use of the word probably there Royston.

1 hour ago, Selred said:

Both are the problem.

Said early on, and I feel even more strongly now, LM is an excellent coach and will coach/manage at the highest level imo, but not with us. 

Square peg, round hole. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Said early on, and I feel even more strongly now, LM is an excellent coach and will coach/manage at the highest level imo, but not with us. 

Square peg, round hole. 

In other words, shite

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I really don’t get why Tinnion gets all this bad press. What’s he said or done to deserve all the grief he’s getting?

Can anyone explain why he’s the number one fall guy?

The current situation seems to have been of his making, starting with getting rid of Pearson and being responsible for his replacement 

Has very clearly been over promoted and has the ear of the chairman which is a potentially dangerous combination 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

52 minutes ago, Selred said:

At the time Oxford were 2nd (now 7th), he was also unlucky to not get MK Dons promoted. 

His CV was okay, you can't judge just on personality.

OK ? He had less EFL management experience than LJ when he was appointed and MK were bottom of the league when he was sacked.

I was going to say he's learning on the job but he's not actually even doing that.

15 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

The current situation seems to have been of his making, starting with getting rid of Pearson and being responsible for his replacement 

Has very clearly been over promoted and has the ear of the chairman which is a potentially dangerous combination 

Has anyone got any actual evidence that BT got rid of Nige? I thought it was JL that wanted him gone after his comments just over a year ago that he was expecting City to have progressed further.