IGNORED

our relegation fight? just hope they got this right

The one positive thing I can see strangely is our dreadful run of four defeats and the general bad showing in the form leagues.

But despite the bad run, which all mid table teams have and eventually come to an end, somehow we’ve still got ELEVEN teams below us. It would be very unusual for us to carry on that form for another 10 games. 

To go through that form and remain that high up the league is enough to quell my fears. 

• Like 1

In the spirit of sharing TWTD resources, we have a league calculator that lets you input predicted scores for the teams you're interested in (you need to zoom in with fingers to input if on a phone screen, as it isn't a mobile site). You're then provided with a final league table involving just those clubs selected. Bit early with so many teams below you mind, could take all day.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-calculator/?step=2&lge=2

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, noize said:

What a fantastic exciting season....working out stats to see if or when we might be safe. Thanks to those at the top, Just i wanted from the season.

Brought the excitement, saved our season..was just petering out to a top half or comfortable midtable finish or would have...Sunday however could he tense and exciting given how many sides below us play before us.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

If we don't win Sunday then we're definitely in a relegation battle!

I don't care how well we've played against the better sides, i can't see us getting anything from the West Brom and Leicester games.

We could then conceivably be 3 points or less above the relegation zone!

Admittedly i do believe we're probably only around 8 points off achieving safety but our form since the new year massively concerns me as to where those 8 points are coming from!

Sunday is a massive game for me!

It's not inconceivable - looking at the weekend fixtures above - that even if we lose on Sunday - four of the nine team below Swansea get a point each and the remaining five get nothing. In which case - another game less to the end of the season - we're no nearer a relegation battle than we are today.

And it's also not inconceivable that we'll do better against either WBA or Leicester than we will Swanseas!!

I'm with you on the 8 points. I think we'll get them, and I think we'll get 8 after Sunday too. But it would certainly be nice to get three of them Sunday! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, White Stripe said:

I like to look at goal difference to roughly estimate where a team is heading in terms of position in the table. City's goal difference is -2, which makes them around mid-table.  To me, this means we'll be ok, barring a complete collapse in defense.

:pray:

Defence, unless you are from North America of course.

Edited by pillred
Spelling

20 hours ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

I'd not even looked at who other teams have to play. I'm just going by our current form.

We literally look like we have absolutely no idea how to break down a side that aren't looking to come at us!

After just looking at who everyone has left to play, what struck me the most is how many times the teams i would say are currently in danger (bottom 10) have to play each other. There's so many "6 pointers" up for grabs which could either give teams a good chance to pull away with a few wins or make it very, very close if everyone takes points from each other?

Win Sunday and it would make a huge difference to our outlook for me!

I don't disagree with our performances, but someone loses points in all those 6 pointers which complicates the "only 6 points from safety" aspect.

There's a reason those teams are down there, they don't all suddenly hit promotion form to gain 6 points in 10 games on teams above them.

19 hours ago, glynriley said:

Not with skybet. I only got 50’s on Wednesday 

IMG_2105.thumb.png.17caac6c34c311558d10530e6f06e183.png

I said put £10 on those 4 results. I was using Bet365 if it really matters.