IGNORED

Points per game and League table since Manning took charge

23 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I do wonder what the interview selection process looked like.

Did they ask Manning what his tactical approach would be?  Did they ask him what timescale he thought it would take to get the team to change?  Did they ask him what Plan B was in the middle of a game if the team was struggling?  Did they ask him his policy re the bench and blooding youngsters? Did they talk to the club captain about the new tactical approach and ask him about possible  players’ reactions and timescale for adaptation?  Did they ask King re new approaches to coaching, given that he is both in first team squad and on coaching side of things?  Finally, I wonder when was the last time JL and BT did any training re interview techniques and good practice.

BT / GM / JL - we’ve handpicked you Liam, when can you start?

LM - so you’re not gonna ask me about behaviours, principles, anything like that, right?

BT / GM / JL - no, you’re young, therefore you must be modern, progressive and play high press attacking football

LM - ok, where do I sign, and where do I add my termination clauses

• Thanks 2

It has now updated.

Screenshot_20240311-103058_Chrome.thumb.jpg.439d3e92ae00d2ffad896429019a30e6.jpg

Fairly mediocre all told.

26 pts, 22 games..1.18 PPG under Manning.

7 wins in 22

⬇️15.71%

⬇️20.475%

To merely get to par, we would need another 1 or 2 wins by this point and crucially another 4 or minimum 5 points. We possibly have drawn a greater ratio.

22 x 1.4=30.8..we are on 26.

40% of 22 is 8.8..we are on 7.

• Like 1

Hasn't updated for today's game AFAIK BUT..Swansea now above us in the Manning era. We are 16th.

26 pts, 23 games..1.13 PPG under Manning.

7 wins in 23

⬇️19.29%

⬇️23.93%

To merely get to par, we would need another 2 wins by this point and crucially another 6 minimum points. We possibly have drawn a greater ratio.

23 x 1.4=32.2. We are on 26.

40% of 23 is 9.2..We are on 7.

14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is only fair I update on a rolling basis.

14th since Manning took over..maybe we are approaching parity again but if the endeavour, cohesion and being well set today was the baseline of performance I don't think there would be many complaints right now.

Anyway.

Screenshot_20240329-232109_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8afa34787a18e092ebe5150569564d15.jpg

A 33% win ratio isn't too bad, but we've been edged out of games too often. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

14th since Manning took over..maybe we are approaching parity again but if the endeavour, cohesion and being well set today was the baseline of performance I don't think there would be many complaints right now.

Anyway.

Screenshot_20240329-232109_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8afa34787a18e092ebe5150569564d15.jpg

Can I ask Pops, what site do you get this info from? 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Harry said:

Transfermarkt also allows you to create a form table for any time period in the Championship>>>Stats section

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Anyway.

Yep, it mirrors the whole season and proves that the squad is mid table at best.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Harry said:

Here Harry.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:championship/daterange/fromdate:

You can then select the date range, very useful resource. There used to be one whereby you could do it with historic League tables going back years and years too but that site seems to have gone.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Yep, it mirrors the whole season and proves that the squad is mid table at best.

Agreed, there was clearly a need for a creative midfielder all along, and a lack of goals from the forwards. 14th place after selling scott and semenyo who were still here when we finished 14th last season shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone.

Just now, Simon bristol said:

Agreed, there was clearly a need for a creative midfielder all along, and a lack of goals from the forwards. 14th place after selling scott and semenyo who were still here when we finished 14th last season shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone.

Absolutely. I think people have already forgotten how important Scott and Semenyo were

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 2

1 hour ago, Simon bristol said:

Semenyo went in January 😉

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Absolutely. I think people have already forgotten how important Scott and Semenyo were

Imagine, if they had been adequately replaced, though. Perhaps a fair bit higher than 14th.

5 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Imagine, if they had been adequately replaced, though. Perhaps a fair bit higher than 14th.

Absolutely.  Although the coach has a huge level of importance as well.  Look at Ipswich. Man for man are they any better than us?  Probably not.  Certainly at the start of this season their players were labelled not good enough. But they are top of the league.  Is this squad good enough for top six? Maybe, under the right manager. Neither Pearson nor Manning good enough to achieve what I appreciate is a very difficult job 

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I wouldn't say we are as good as Ipswich man for man but they had a momentum on their side, a sense of now is the time, some judicious strengthening whereas we didn't and still haven't adequately replaced Scott and arguably Semenyo, plus great availability with key players.

They're one of those teams who are greater than the sum of their parts .

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Absolutely.  Although the coach has a huge level of importance as well.  Look at Ipswich. Man for man are they any better than us?  Probably not.  Certainly at the start of this season their players were labelled not good enough. But they are top of the league.  Is this squad good enough for top six? Maybe, under the right manager. Neither Pearson nor Manning good enough to achieve what I appreciate is a very difficult job 

Forget McKenna for the mo’ (he’s very good).

What Ipswich do is play brave football.  Dare I say front foot, fast-paced, attacking, “we’ll score more than you” football.  They play the same patterns, they don’t give a shit, they trust the receiving player will do what they plan.

Even at 1-0 up yesterday they didn’t just try to defend, but they didn’t execute their patterns and had chances on the break.

A good example for us at how intent can make a big difference.

+++++

When are opponents gonna realise Davis crosses square / back 99% of the time?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Forget McKenna for the mo’ (he’s very good).

What Ipswich do is play brave football.  Dare I say front foot, fast-paced, attacking, “we’ll score more than you” football.  They play the same patterns, they don’t give a shit, they trust the receiving player will do what they plan.

Even at 1-0 up yesterday they didn’t just try to defend, but they didn’t execute their patterns and had chances on the break.

A good example for us at how intent can make a big difference.

+++++

When are opponents gonna realise Davis crosses square / back 99% of the time?

McKenna is the reason a bunch of league one players are the top of the league so it’s hard to forget him!

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

McKenna is the reason a bunch of league one players are the top of the league so it’s hard to forget him!

They aren’t a bunch of lg1 players though.

Chaplin, Morsy, Luongo to name three have all had solid Champ careers.  Travis, Ball, Tuanzebe, Moore.  Together with youngsters like Davis (Leeds), Clarke (Stoke, Arsenal), etc, etc.

They are outperforming their individual levels and I’m sure McKenna is a huge part of that.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

They aren’t a bunch of lg1 players though.

Chaplin, Morsy, Luongo to name three have all had solid Champ careers.  Travis, Ball, Tuanzebe, Moore.  Together with youngsters like Davis (Leeds), Clarke (Stoke, Arsenal), etc, etc.

They are outperforming their individual levels and I’m sure McKenna is a huge part of that.

I was being flippant.  People say this squad isn’t good enough but then said Ipswich wouldn’t do anything this season with a bunch of league one players.  My point is, a good coach can get players looking better than another coach.  Pearson and Manning have produced mid table finishes with this squad but maybe more can be done with them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I was being flippant.  People say this squad isn’t good enough but then said Ipswich wouldn’t do anything this season with a bunch of league one players.  My point is, a good coach can get players looking better than another coach.  Pearson and Manning have produced mid table finishes with this squad but maybe more can be done with them. 

Got you 👍🏻