IGNORED

Points per game and League table since Manning took charge

Moving towards parity now.

11 wins, 30 games..41 points.

Screenshot_20240427-200743_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fb26e86a99b49241f96249fd621f43d1.jpg

We are doing okay. Manning has turned it round from looking under serious pressure- the intent in 4 or 5 of the last 7 has been strong, 

Rounding off with a win at Stoke would be excellent, give us a chance of 10th even.

Rohl and Cifuentes, wow take a bow given where they were at point of takeover.

*Sheffield Wednesday- 0 Wins 3 Draws 11 Games.

*QPR- 2 Wins, 8 Points, 14 Games.

Sunderland are of interest, after they beat Plymouth in mid February..

Screenshot_20240427-230118_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b2f66ce055e72887f3a274ccc90fac94.jpg

After the sale of Alex Scott, followed by not replacing him, I’d have taken this seasons outcome (on the pitch).

Then factor in the injuries NP had to deal with, and also LM to a slightly lesser extent, I think it’s actually a decent achievement to have gained more points than last season and have a positive goal difference.

It may be slight, but it is progress.

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

In fairness, parity has been reached, imho

I'm sure we said a few games into LMs reign that we thought he achieve much the same as NP but in a different manner. Its been a roundabout way of getting there, but that's kind of where we have ended up. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TDarwall said:

I'm sure we said a few games into LMs reign that we thought he achieve much the same as NP but in a different manner. Its been a roundabout way of getting there, but that's kind of where we have ended up. 

Yep. We didn’t need to be sucked in by stupid “hierarchy” comments, us fans knew the likely strength of this squad.  Yeah, had the stars aligned we might’ve pushed closer to the top 6 (but not achieved it imho), and in the flipside we could’ve finished a tad lower.

My mid-expectation / target was a winning season with positive goal difference.  We ain’t a million miles away from the first bit with one game to go.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I like what Manning is trying to do. 
I am cautiously optimistic about next season. 
I’ve not felt this positive for years. 

It’s taken me and plenty of others quite a time to see what exactly Manning is actually doing and tbf I’m still not sure. That said whatever it is seems to paying benefits with the unbeaten run City have been on so it’s clearly been working.

This summers business will give us a better idea of what he’s about, who he offers new deals to plus the new signings and of course the outgoing players.

• Like 1