IGNORED

Tinnion Speaks!

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

In hindsight they weren’t great but you’re absolutely right, Bridges and Stewart were exciting signings for L1 given their pedigrees. 

No, it should have been seen that Bridges and Stewart were well down the wrong side of the hill.  

• Flames 2

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

In hindsight they weren’t great but you’re absolutely right, Bridges and Stewart were exciting signings for L1 given their pedigrees. 

Stewart’s legs had gone but at least he did want to be here.

Bridges completely took the piss, seen out clubbing after games when he was “injured”. Waster.

Tinnion’s signings were largely disastrous, Alex Russell was decent & a proper manager (GJ) turned Orr into an outstanding RB, Tinnion would never have done that.

• Like 7

18 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

HEY BRIAN, just a reminder that you sacked a manager a week after we were 7th in an injury crisis 

Exactly. Our top six squad. 😂 

Pearson had kids on the bench at Cardiff and one starting at Center Back. 

• Like 4

The journo’s need to a bit more intelligent with their questioning. Something along the lines of “yes Brian, fans were happy after watching the Southampton performance but do you think they are happy with a total of 9 points since the win at Watford on Boxing Day? Are you happy with that Brian?”.

It’s not difficult.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Pring at CB, Sykes at LB...

Albeit take 11 players out of any squad at this level and they would have a major issue for that game.

Kid at right back wasn’t it? Sorry name escapes me. 

19 hours ago, The Bard said:

Jesus he should stay mute.

Anyone starting a sentence with 'as I say  is literally indicating that they are waffling.

I always start with “I swear” or “gods honest truth “ before I tell a load of old bollox so if you’re reading Brian go with one of them or just get out of our club

• Flames 1

23 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Bridges completely took the piss, seen out clubbing after games when he was “injured”. Waster.

Tinnion’s signings were largely disastrous, Alex Russell was decent & a proper manager (GJ) turned Orr into an outstanding RB, Tinnion would never have done that.

How do you know he wouldn’t have done?

30 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

No, it should have been seen that Bridges and Stewart were well down the wrong side of the hill.  

I didn’t say they were exciting young prospects, my point regarding both players is that they had consistently done a job at the highest level. 
For a L1 club they were potentially very decent signings and their arrival was welcomed by everyone.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The journo’s need to a bit more intelligent with their questioning. Something along the lines of “yes Brian, fans were happy after watching the Southampton performance but do you think they are happy with a total of 9 points since the win at Watford on Boxing Day? Are you happy with that Brian?”.

It’s not difficult.

In house interviews ain’t going to test him though. If he went on SOTC it would be the same . If you question him like I did on twitter he blocks you . 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

28 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

In fairness I think they all liked going out on the piss, I remember seeing 3 of them staggering drunk across the City Centre at 5 in the afternoon. But yeah, clubbing whilst supposed to be injured isn’t a good look, Bridges goes down as one of the signings I was most disappointed about in my time supporting City (and it’s a pretty big list).

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

In house interviews ain’t going to test him though. If he went on SOTC it would be the same . If you question him like I did on twitter he blocks you . 

Which proves that he’s not qualified for the job. Part of his job is answering the tough questions intelligently and keeping the emotion out of it to give the fans confidence that the club is in control of whatever current situation is occurring. That’s the role of a PROFESSIONAL Tecknical Director…….

If Manning wins the last ten games Sid still has to go imo.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

32 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Have a vague memory that 1 game we had a 3 man midfield of Tinnion, Orr & Clayton Fortune!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Which proves that he’s not qualified for the job. Part of his job is answering the tough questions intelligently and keeping the emotion out of it to give the fans confidence that the club is in control of whatever current situation is occurring. That’s the role of a PROFESSIONAL Tecknical Director…….

I can't even remember the last time any of them got on and answered unvetted questions? I think it may have actually have been Pearson. 

• Like 1

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

I can't even remember the last time any of them got on and answered unvetted questions? I think it may have actually have been Pearson. 

It’s unprofessional. Whatever your thoughts on Manning, either way, we do not have fit for purpose management at Boardroom level. That is a massive issue for a club like us. An experienced manager identified it and an inexperienced manager is paying the price for it.

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Another laughable appointment Is JL  as chairman . To my knowledge he has no qualifications to run a football club apart from being born with a silver spoon in his mouth.He admits  he knows nothing about football . The same with finances , otherwise he’d be CEO . Is really poor at public speaking , while not his fault it’s a big part of being top dog of a professional football club . So he’s just his dads puppet & some of the strings have broke 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Another laughable appointment Is JL  as chairman . To my knowledge he has no qualifications to run a football club apart from being born with a silver spoon in his mouth.He admits  he knows nothing about football . The same with finances , otherwise he’d be CEO . Is really poor at public speaking , while not his fault it’s a big part of being top dog of a professional football club . So he’s just his dads puppet & some of the strings have broke 

Agreed, above first team manager level (forget your views on him for a second) we are shambolic and it’s now playing out.

9 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Well, it wasn't bad, but if you remember 11 days before meeting Saints we had Leeds, who made us look like a League 2 side. 

Exactly. I have said it many times. WE WERE AWFUL! Leeds were allowed to look like Manchester City. How we only lost 1/0 is amazing. 

The bullshit on here was vomit making. How they were brilliant! We knew going in what they would do, but it didn’t make any difference as they dominated a team frightened to play. 

• Like 4

Just now, REDOXO said:

Exactly. I have said it many times. WE WERE AWFUL! Leeds were allowed to look like Manchester City. How we only lost 1/0 is amazing. 

The bullshit on here was vomit making. How they were brilliant! We knew going in what they would do, but it didn’t make any difference as they dominated a team frightened to play. 

Tbh Leeds are pretty much beating everyone atm and their record vs us is strong so the signs weren't good.

11 wins and a draw in 12 from the start of 2024..

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tbh Leeds are pretty much beating everyone atm and their record vs us is strong so the signs weren't good.

11 wins and a draw in 12 from the start of 2024..

We didn’t even compete. We had one shot when Mehmetti was put through. 

Losing isn’t the biggest issue against a good team, that night we were as bad as we were against QPR and raised the white flag from the KO. 

• Like 1

Just now, REDOXO said:

We didn’t even compete. We had one shot when Mehmetti was put through. 

Losing isn’t the biggest issue against a good team, that night we were as bad as we were against QPR and raised the white flag from the KO. 

Fair, yeah we had to make them work for it and we wholly failed to do so.

Vs QPR relative to the opposition, thought their lead was against the run of play a bit but the triple substition wow did we collapse thereafter, our shape, cohesion. Chaos and in a negative sense.

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

How do you know he wouldn’t have done?

Because he played him in CM the entire time after signing him, that’s a pretty big clue.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, RSW8 said:

What’s the complete and utter obsession with this Southampton game? We won and played well, that’s why the fans were happy that night. That’s what football is all about about, watching your team win and play well. But it was one win for gods sake. Need to get their heads out of their backsides and address the current position instead of all this ‘everyone was happy when we beat Southampton’ nonsense. 

Because he's still living off 1 goal in 1994, he has nothing else

• Like 2
  • Flames 3
  • Facepalm 1