IGNORED

Tinnion Speaks!

I swear we could get relegated and they’d still come out saying “yeah but what about that Southampton game eh?”.

We were 4 points off the Play Offs, not 3. Not a huge mistake but does make it sound like we were within one win of the top six position we were told we were capable of. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

How the **** has this dunderheaded poltroon got any influence within the club?

Disastrous tenure as manager, and a Phd in bullshit.

We are truly drifting into the arena of the unwell.

I'm afraid with these three at the helm we are deeply in it already.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

How the **** has this dunderheaded poltroon got any influence within the club?

Disastrous tenure as manager, and a Phd in bullshit.

We are truly drifting into the arena of the unwell.

POLTROON. i had to look it up, what a wonderful description for the two faced rat arsed snake

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FNQ said:

TBF his thoughts and insights into the academy players was pretty good, in addition to discussing the excellent U18 cup run and upcoming game against Man City he went on to explain the EY loan to Bath logic of being involved in ‘men’s’ football.. likening the move to Antoine and going on to say that only Lloyd Kelly wasn’t treated this way.. all good stuff and this is where he clearly excels.. Then, he started to talk about the first team and it all quickly turned to bluster and drivel..

I could listen to him chat youth stuff all day.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Spike said:

I mean what's worse? Saying nothing and the fans get pissed off because they're not communicating or coming out and essentially telling the fans they don't think there is a problem and we've just been unlucky?

At this point I just see Tinnion as guy with a 3 inch paint brush trying to paint over the cracks only to realise the "cracks" are the grand canyon. The worst part is Tinnion will be here as long as the Lansdowns are meaning nothing will change. Too many high positions taken by guys with no clue how to run a club and egos too big to admit it and get the right men in.

This is the biggest issue Spike. All these incompetent individuals taking the club in the wrong direction. We went from Gould and Alexander - proven execs to this over promoted lot. All a cozy club probably on big salaries doing jobs they have no experience or actual skills in.
So annoying!!

Probably only relegation would result in a clear out of these hapless execs and no one wants that so we’re stuck with them! 

5 hours ago, Spike said:
Edited by The chief

Lansdown  wants out but no buyers on his terms ,Manning  not happy  with player recruitment, top wage won't bring in any decent  top championship  players, bargain  basement  options  & hope academy  produces. From inside  the the club that's where we are.Mid table mediocrity  if we are lucky  until Lansdown  goes that where we are.

3 hours ago, FNQ said:

TBF his thoughts and insights into the academy players was pretty good, in addition to discussing the excellent U18 cup run and upcoming game against Man City he went on to explain the EY loan to Bath logic of being involved in ‘men’s’ football.. likening the move to Antoine and going on to say that only Lloyd Kelly wasn’t treated this way.. all good stuff and this is where he clearly excels.. Then, he started to talk about the first team and it all quickly turned to bluster and drivel..

Pretty sure that's another lie from him to vindicate Yeboah being bombed out of the first team. 

Benerous was not treated that way and had he not of got injured he'd have been an ever present in our first team. 

OK I'm being picky but still. 

• Like 1

I can’t bring myself to watch BT or JL these days. They are both bumbling idiots. I can’t believe SL made his billions by employing idiots or making nepotistic appointments either, so how it thinks it’ll work in professional football I don’t know. I find it all pretty worrying.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, Spike said:

I mean what's worse? Saying nothing and the fans get pissed off because they're not communicating or coming out and essentially telling the fans they don't think there is a problem and we've just been unlucky?

At this point I just see Tinnion as guy with a 3 inch paint brush trying to paint over the cracks only to realise the "cracks" are the 'Grand Crayon'. The worst part is Tinnion will be here as long as the Lansdowns are meaning nothing will change. Too many high positions taken by guys with no clue how to run a club and egos too big to admit it and get the right men in.

Fixed that for you 😉👍

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, tin said:

I can’t bring myself to watch BT or JL these days. They are both bumbling idiots. I can’t believe SL made his billions by employing idiots or making nepotistic appointments either, so how it thinks it’ll work in professional football I don’t know. I find it all pretty worrying.

Because this is his toy and that was a business where he had a competent partner.

11 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Pretty sure that's another lie from him to vindicate Yeboah being bombed out of the first team. 

Benerous was not treated that way and had he not of got injured he'd have been an ever present in our first team. 

I actually think that the Yeboah move makes sense for everyone. He’s not playing here and he will benefit from playing a good standard in front of decent crowds where results really matter. I know a lad Ephraim’s age in another academy who has made a similar move and he benefitted from it hugely.

There is a lot wrong at the club at the moment but I do feel like some people are falling into the trap of criticising absolutely everything they do. 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Because this is his toy and that was a business where he had a competent partner.

I think that is an important point. He would have made a suggestion and could have had a discussion, and made a decision based on two points of view .
This isn't a democracy , he is the Head and he doesn't employ the sort of people who will disagree with him or stand up to him. I would have thought that was an important part of a big company, various ideas and the ability to voice and stand by them , it's healthy . 

I have to say though, Tinnion is not a yes man, if Steve says no Tins says no !

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Personally, I don't think Yeboah looked ready for the first team, and now we have had a few more options on the bench I think a loan and regular football makes sense. He could sit on the bench for weeks and not get on or get a couple of minutes in the scrappy end of a game.  Regular mens football in a side that's doing ok makes sense to me.
Benarous ? Who knows . Was only involved in 10/11 games in 32 from when he came in , not even in the squad for 5 of those. He benefited from injuries , I would have liked to have seen more , but I think how he was used and where he was player he showed up a lot more than Yeboah has in his cameos. 

While he was here ( Yeboah ) I think he could have been on the bench instead of empty seats . He does seem to pre plan some subs , which I don't like, and if they take up 3/4 of his options I guess he doesn't feel the need to fill the bench with players he has no intention of using. Personally I'd like the options for all eventualities .  

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Jacki said:

This is exactly how I see it. Credit where it’s due, in my experience Tinnion is excellent with the academy and his knowledge of the players is extraordinary. I’ve said on here before that if you asked him who the U12 centre back is he’d be able to tell you, and he’d be able to describe the type of player they are and their strengths and weaknesses. He’s very good at that stuff and he’s always very visible up there.

There are 2 problems with him as technical director though. The first is that he just has far too much to do…. Overseeing the academy and everything else is way too much for one person. The second is that he just doesn’t have the contacts or knowledge in the game, at this level, to be as influential as he is at this club. He’s in the job because the Lansdowns like, know and trust him, not because he’s the right person for it, and many of his public utterances are just nonsense. As a result of his appointment and Pearson and co’s departure, there is absolutely nobody at the top end of the club with the slightest clue of how to run a successful Championship football club. Which is why I would really worry about our current situation getting worse and leading to relegation either this season or next. 

I think this is the problem. His role as TD in a structure of RG / PA (CEO) and NP (Football Manager) basically had two main facets:

1. Looking after the Recruitment Dept

2. Linking Academy to First Team

And I think that was a good use of his skillset and complimented the other two. Almost as perfect a set-up as you could imagine.

But lose the two either side of him, increase his R&R and you deeply expose the whole set-up. How much a part Tins has played in creating that I don’t know, but we are so much weaker for it.

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Personally, I don't think Yeboah looked ready for the first team,

As a regular, yes, I agree. I think he would've made a better occasional impact sub than Mebude however. He carried the ball forward and provided he got the close support to do that, we would at least be going in the right direction.  The lad isn't afraid of making a tackle either. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I think this is the problem. His role as TD in a structure of RG / PA (CEO) and NP (Football Manager) basically had two main facets:

1. Looking after the Recruitment Dept

2. Linking Academy to First Team

And I think that was a good use of his skillset and complimented the other two. Almost as perfect a set-up as you could imagine.

But lose the two either side of him, increase his R&R and you deeply expose the whole set-up. How much a part Tins has played in creating that I don’t know, but we are so much weaker for it.

would it bother you Dave if i mentioned another cosy ex player developing his coaching skills in the 18s? would that make the ideal snug set  up they seem to want?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FNQ said:

TBF his thoughts and insights into the academy players was pretty good, in addition to discussing the excellent U18 cup run and upcoming game against Man City he went on to explain the EY loan to Bath logic of being involved in ‘men’s’ football.. likening the move to Antoine and going on to say that only Lloyd Kelly wasn’t treated this way.. all good stuff and this is where he clearly excels..

Perhaps I'm being too simple and maybe he does excel in this kind of role, but it also seems a pretty easy role?

How much of the U18 success is based on big investment in youth levels and just talented young players they have? I struggle to see how there would be any difference with a "technical director" overseeing that.

Things like sending Yeboah out on loan is easy to talk about as a good thing. "We sent Semenyo there." OK but dozens of others have been sent there and never came back.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

As a regular, yes, I agree. I think he would've made a better occasional impact sub than Mebude however. He carried the ball forward and provided he got the close support to do that, we would at least be going in the right direction.  The lad isn't afraid of making a tackle either. 

i know hes still raw but i see some semenyo in there when he goes barging forward, as a sub and bit of training at releasing the ball at the right time would be very useful late in games especially when we cant fill our bench

Edited by redsquirrel
  • Like 2

What’s the complete and utter obsession with this Southampton game? We won and played well, that’s why the fans were happy that night. That’s what football is all about about, watching your team win and play well. But it was one win for gods sake. Need to get their heads out of their backsides and address the current position instead of all this ‘everyone was happy when we beat Southampton’ nonsense. 

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

i know hes still raw but i see some semenyo in there when he goes barging forward, as a sub and bit of training at releasing the ball at the right time would be very useful late in games especially when we cant fill our bench

I think he has a useful future and a bit of men's football, rather than languishing in U23, would help bring him on.

• Like 1