IGNORED

Tinnion Speaks!

11 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Well that’s true. I’m not close enough to the club or know anyone in the club to be sure.

We were dreadful for decades at bringing youngsters through, then all of a sudden we were one of the best. I don’t really know who does and doesn’t deserve credit for that. 

I don’t think BT has ever coached the youngsters, he has brought players in on the recommendation of others, most obviously Semenyo and Scott.

The day to day coaching is the responsibility of others like Bell and Alex Ball.

15 minutes ago, Yozzarian said:

'There's a real good feeling in the stadium'

Bloody hell. He's having a laugh. Seeing Williams saying sorry at the end of the last home match but being met with a lot of fans waiting to tell him and others to '**** off' was indicative of the 'good feeling' in the ground.

Without any doubt the most hostile Ashton Gate has been towards our own team in a long time. As weird as it sounds you could almost tell at 0-0 that people were waiting for the chance to vent. 

Good feeling in the ground though. I am absolutely no lover of the Lansdowns, Liam Manning or (sadly, these days) Brian Tinnion, but judging from almost all of the people sat near me I’m actually less angry about this than all of them, I’d recommended Brian Tinnion comes and sits near me if he believes there’s a good feeling in the ground at the moment.

Edited by bearded_red
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bearded_red said:

Without any doubt the most hostile Ashton Gate has been towards our own team in a long time. As weird as it sounds you could almost tell at 0-0 that people were waiting for the chance to vent. 

Good feeling in the ground though. I am absolutely no lover of the Lansdowns, Liam Manning or (sadly, these days) Brian Tinnion, but judging from the almost of the people sat near me I’m actually less angry about this than all of them, I’d recommended Brian Tinnion comes and sits near me if he believes there’s a good feeling in the ground at the moment.

Absolutely. None of us ever want to see City lose a game, but if we do tomorrow I can only see it being hugely negative/toxic. There will be no good feeling that’s for sure!

20 minutes ago, Yozzarian said:

'There's a real good feeling in the stadium'

Bloody hell. He's having a laugh. Seeing Williams saying sorry at the end of the last home match but being met with a lot of fans waiting to tell him and others to '**** off' was indicative of the 'good feeling' in the ground.

I’m sure this good feeling in the stadium will carry on tomorrow if we lose to Swansea!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Well that’s true. I’m not close enough to the club or know anyone in the club to be sure.

We were dreadful for decades at bringing youngsters through, then all of a sudden we were one of the best. I don’t really know who does and doesn’t deserve credit for that. 

Possibly a mixture of things.

Gary Probert was the academy director until he left to work for Swiss. He brought through Semenyo, Scott, Conway, Benarous etc. He deserves huge credit.

Brian Tinnion was the loans manager and then pathway manager. Loads of loans taking place until Pearson stopped them. He used Pring as an example of a player constantly on loan and not feeling part of BCFC. He also stopped the loans because he had little choice with the small squad he was left with after getting rid of the dead wood and overpaid players he inherited.

Tinnion does deserve some credit for his work in this area but definitely not enough to justify his promotion to technical director.

Nigel Pearson. Deserves massive credit for integrating the academy players into the first team squad and then providing the club with saleable assets. Circa £35,000,000 worth.

And for that he was given back (in comparison) peanuts.......

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Roe said:

Perhaps I'm being too simple and maybe he does excel in this kind of role, but it also seems a pretty easy role?

How much of the U18 success is based on big investment in youth levels and just talented young players they have? I struggle to see how there would be any difference with a "technical director" overseeing that.

Things like sending Yeboah out on loan is easy to talk about as a good thing. "We sent Semenyo there." OK but dozens of others have been sent there and never came back.

To be fair to Tinnion on the Semenyo comparison…. Yes, dozens of others HAVE gone on loan to places like Bath and not been seen again, but might that be because they weren’t good enough? 

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I swear we could get relegated and they’d still come out saying “yeah but what about that Southampton game eh?”.

We were 4 points off the Play Offs, not 3. Not a huge mistake but does make it sound like we were within one win of the top six position we were told we were capable of. 

At least that's the next anniversary celebration replica shirt sorted in 10 years time 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

i know hes still raw but i see some semenyo in there when he goes barging forward, as a sub and bit of training at releasing the ball at the right time would be very useful late in games especially when we cant fill our bench

Good for Chaos Theory, which is anti-ManningBall so never happening.

But then why have we loaned in Mebude to sit on the bench? Can you imagine CozyTV asking that?

16 minutes ago, Jacki said:

To be fair to Tinnion on the Semenyo comparison…. Yes, dozens of others HAVE gone on loan to places like Bath and not been seen again, but might that be because they weren’t good enough? 

Yep. Notably he didn’t bring up how much the loans to Bath had helped Freddie Hinds, Ewan Clark etc make league careers. In the interview he talks of people like Idehen are on loan - simply enough, players such as him and HWR are on loan to try and get them in early to a non league club when their contracts expire. And that’s fine - but it isn’t a building players to bring through.

As has been said, he blew it. He had a manager who would play academy and made the job Brian was doing look better. He’s traded that for a guy who hasn’t brought youth players through in his managerial career, and isn’t going to start now when under heavy pressure.

I’d go as far as saying that with Liam Manning in charge, we may not have seen a Semenyo, a Conway, a Bell or even a Scott (and Brian, picking up the phone to the Guernsey chairman doesn’t mean you made him a £25m player or even had great foresight - similar to Nigel Martyn at the gas, he fell into your lap!)

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, sunningdalered said:

Pity he wasn't being asked to explain how they intend to square the circle on playing staff vs the managers preferred playing style without a wholesale change in the squad. 

🔥🔥🔥

Absolutely ,

for me , the current biggest elephant in the room

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

What Tinnion and Manning seemingly don't understand is that it's entirely possible to be happy with a one off win whilst still being unhappy about general form. I can't remember what our form was like pre Southampton game but I do know that it was not good! 

I’ll tell you, before the Boro and Southampton back-to-back wins, we’d gone 6 without a win (2 draws / 4 losses).

1 hour ago, marmite said:

Do you think the current trio, LM. JL. BT. have it in them to take us to the next level? Depends on whether you're level is up or down. 

Imagine walking into Ashton Gate with its impressive facilities and asking to see the top man, and being met by theses three. Jeez.

No.  You have to have a vision.  That vision has to be based on something, and it helps massively if that vision is based on knowledge and experience of having been there previously.  We have none of that in anyone other than in the playing staff - King and James, Nahki briefly and Weimann (on loan).  It is likely only one of those will remain beyond the summer, in a playing capacity that is.

Its quite disheartening, for me at least.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yep. Notably he didn’t bring up how much the loans to Bath had helped Freddie Hinds, Ewan Clark etc make league careers. In the interview he talks of people like Idehen are on loan - simply enough, players such as him and HWR are on loan to try and get them in early to a non league club when their contracts expire. And that’s fine - but it isn’t a building players to bring through.

As has been said, he blew it. He had a manager who would play academy and made the job Brian was doing look better. He’s traded that for a guy who hasn’t brought youth players through in his managerial career, and isn’t going to start now when under heavy pressure.

I’d go as far as saying that with Liam Manning in charge, we may not have seen a Semenyo, a Conway, a Bell or even a Scott (and Brian, picking up the phone to the Guernsey chairman doesn’t mean you made him a £25m player or even had great foresight - similar to Nigel Martyn at the gas, he fell into your lap!)

I said this at the time he was appointed. 

We will never find a manager more willing go blood youth than Pearson was. 

They got took in by the fact Manning had worked in academies. Now he's got his foot through the door here and his reputation is on the line he doesn't want to use academy players. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Street red said:

It's ok we will win on Sunday and everything will be ok and manning will be over to the home fans fist pumping.

I really hope not. But I wouldn’t be at all surprised.

6 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I really hope not. But I wouldn’t be at all surprised.

Well…

Per his press conference he doesn’t pay attention to the boos so you’d imagine he also wouldn’t pay attention to cheers…

Its by far from the worst thing about him as head coach but doing that identikit fist pump when he says he doesn’t like doing it just makes it look more like he’s doing it because, again, the manual says it’s what your supposed to do.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Its by far from the worst thing about him as head coach but doing that identikit fist pump when he says he doesn’t like doing it just makes it look more like he’s doing it because, again, the manual says it’s what your supposed to do.

As you say, it’s not the worst thing about him and obviously it doesn’t matter, and fair play I can’t stand it, so clearly not I'm not the target audience, but why on earth did he feel the need to do it after a 1-1 draw at West Ham.

My word, this club really enjoys acting seriously smalltime. 

• Like 1

Just listened, that's 3 minutes of my life I'll never get back!

You would think the technical director would know how many points we were short of the playoffs wouldn't you?

Three? ******* three?

I'm sure that wasn't done deliberately because if it was it would be a lie....

So...... he's just incompetent then...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Galley is our king said:

He used Pring as an example of a player constantly on loan and not feeling part of BCFC.

To be fair to Tinnion, he said Cam was ready for the first team but was ignored in favour of sending him on yet another loan.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

To be fair to Tinnion, he said Cam was ready for the first team but was ignored in favour of sending him on yet another loan.

Yep, sometimes he’s too bullish about the youngsters, but there have definitely been those that had “one loan too many”.

• Like 1

Watched it at last.

The Youth stuff seemed fine, encouraging to hear.

The final minute or two about the first team..Ipswich was an improvement on the 3 that went before but he got the top 6 gap wrong, failed to factor in games in hand of opponents and seems to have a strange take on the overall mood of the fans, in the ground etc.

He is either out of touch or..

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Watched it at last.

The Youth stuff seemed fine, encouraging to hear.

The final minute or two about the first team..Ipswich was an improvement on the 3 that went before but he got the top 6 gap wrong, failed to factor in games in hand of opponents and seems to have a strange take on the overall mood of the fans, in the ground etc.

He is either out of touch or..

A ******* idiot? 

Both!

• Like 2
  • Flames 1