IGNORED

Tinnion Speaks!

7 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

As a regular, yes, I agree. I think he would've made a better occasional impact sub than Mebude however. He carried the ball forward and provided he got the close support to do that, we would at least be going in the right direction.  The lad isn't afraid of making a tackle either. 

Mebude is a different ( and IMO pointless ) case. 

My personal feeling is, at 17 Yeboah will benefit from regular football . It can  build all parts of his game that 15 minutes of being told to chase everything might not. He can still train with the first team , but gets the cut and thrust of mens football and will build his stamina for 90 minute games.

Mebude, well I've had my say a few times. It's a punt. A young kid who was highly thought of who isn't making an impression in the equivalent of what , L1 football ?  I can only think that he's seen or heard of the lads potential and thinks it's worth looking at. But at what cost ? They paid best part of £2m , I can't see us going anywhere near that. He isn't ready to make an impact here, so for me he's taking a spot on the bench that could be used by an Academy player ( or empty seat) , would Yeboah or anyone else made less of an impact ?

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Anyone who signs Dave Partridge, Marcus Stewart and Michael Bridges in the same window shouldn’t be in charge of transfers 

You missed out some other dreadful signings too which nearly sent us to League Two if it wasn’t for GJ rescue act. 

• Like 2

It's ok we will win on Sunday and everything will be ok and manning will be over to the home fans fist pumping. I've never felt so flat as a city fan I just can't be bothered to listen to any of those interviews. Think I'm just fed up of the constant repeat of mistakes, bad decisions and bulls**t.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 6

12 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

would Yeboah or anyone else made less of an impact ?

Already made more, without a doubt. I guess we can't write someone off as a young player after so little time here, but Mebude is clearly not ready yet for any time out there in the Championship. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Graham76 said:

Under Pearson Tinnion was thriving.  Now with Manning we are seeing less academy players coming through to the first team and Twine and Mebude were clearly Manning recruits.   It’s probably hasn’t panned out as he expected. 

This is it for me G76, he’d never had it so good, he’d moaned like hell when LJ was here that the pathway was blocked by clubs in the bag and our academy players weren’t getting a chance.

Then he got exactly what he wanted, and his own profile raised with it.

Did he just get greedy?

Did yesterday’s interview go out because he’s getting some heat?

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Already made more, without a doubt. I guess we can't write someone off as a young player after so little time here, but Mebude is clearly not ready yet for any time out there in the Championship. 

And that's exactly what I've been saying. 
Surely a loan signing should impact the side, improve or fill a role you are short in. He's a young kid that can't get a game at his parent club , it was always a gamble and , IMO totally unnecessary . 
I know we were Tammy's step into League football, but everyone was sure he was ready and you could see it from the start. This loan is a strange one. I hope he has a long and successful career , I hope we say "oh the one that got away" but here, right now , it seems an odd loan.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RSW8 said:

What’s the complete and utter obsession with this Southampton game? We won and played well, that’s why the fans were happy that night. That’s what football is all about about, watching your team win and play well. But it was one win for gods sake. Need to get their heads out of their backsides and address the current position instead of all this ‘everyone was happy when we beat Southampton’ nonsense. 

What Tinnion and Manning seemingly don't understand is that it's entirely possible to be happy with a one off win whilst still being unhappy about general form. I can't remember what our form was like pre Southampton game but I do know that it was not good! 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

This is it for me G76, he’d never had it so good, he’d moaned like hell when LJ was here that the pathway was blocked by clubs in the bag and our academy players weren’t getting a chance.

Then he got exactly what he wanted, and his own profile raised with it.

Did he just get greedy?

I honestly think he saw a chance of linking himself with some good Club vibes .
The U18s had won, are in a Semi and all things were Rosey . It takes the focus away from all the things that haven't quite gone so well, that he seems to be in the centre of. 

A mate once said to me something that stuck , you rise to your own level of incompetence , I think Tins has just done that. 
In the words of Ian McNabb ,
"be careful what you dream of it will come up and surprise you"  !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

What Tinnion and Manning seemingly don't understand is that it's entirely possible to be happy with a one off win whilst still being unhappy about general form. I can't remember what our form was like pre Southampton game but I do know that it was not good! 

Well, it wasn't bad, but if you remember 11 days before meeting Saints we had Leeds, who made us look like a League 2 side. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Graham76 said:

Under Pearson Tinnion was thriving.  Now with Manning we are seeing less academy players coming through to the first team and Twine and Mebude were clearly Manning recruits.   It’s probably hasn’t panned out as he expected. 

Indeed, he was probably touted as some sort of saviour, believes in himself to the point failure is everyone else’s fault and has had a shock at what’s transpired. For all that though he doesn’t sound like a man under pressure to me.

I half expected him to say “everyone was delighted when I scored the winner against Liverpool, why are they moaning now?”

Lets be honest, he’s done a lot of good things in his long time at Bristol City, personally I’d hate for him to leave as a villain.

Maybe this is all Jon’s fault again, I don’t know, I just wish we could re set back to when we were all, except maybe Jon and a few others, pulling in the same direction.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I half expected him to say “everyone was delighted when I scored the winner against Liverpool, why are they moaning now?”

Lets be honest, he’s done a lot of good things in his long time at Bristol City, personally I’d hate for him to leave as a villain.

Maybe this is all Jon’s fault again, I don’t know, I just wish we could re set back to when we were all, except maybe Jon and a few others, pulling in the same direction.

It’s actually very hard to know what he’s personally influenced at City. I know from personal experience it’s very easy to claim credit when things fall in your lap! 

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You would think after the debacle of his managerial stint, he'd appreciate a more low profile role doing something he (appeared) to genuinely enjoy & would shun anything too high profile.

I do think though there is something in the psyche of a pro sportsperson that they don't think like the average bod.  So many times you see players doing really well at Club A & then move go Club B where its obvious they'll be cup game fodder & no more.  Yes, the £££'s come into it, but I do think where a lot of us see a natural ceiling to our ability (& are broadly comfortable with that), to get anywhere in pro sport you need a certain level of arrogance that makes you think you're capable of things well beyond you.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, bearded_red said:

This football club is so weird. 

Why can’t it just be normal?

Because it’s run by people who are stupid.  I’ve worked for chaotic companies in the past….one common denominator, they were all run by incompetent people.  Some too nice, some too egotistical, some too vile. But all not clever enough 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It made me laugh Dave that even the club employee asking the questions asked him if were still heading in the right direction 🤣 you know its bad when a club employee is asking that. Tinnion didn't really answer that question either. 

I can't even say fair play for doing an interview. Its an interview off the back of some success. They play hide and seek when things are bad. 

I'd have respect if he gave an honest interview. If he fronted up and said things like "yes it's not what we expected at all and we're all working hard to correct that"

But there is none of that. Instead he's trying to paint a nice picture which just gets backs up more. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

It’s actually very hard to know what he’s personally influenced at City. I know from personal experience it’s very easy to claim credit when things fall in your lap! 

Well that’s true. I’m not close enough to the club or know anyone in the club to be sure.

We were dreadful for decades at bringing youngsters through, then all of a sudden we were one of the best. I don’t really know who does and doesn’t deserve credit for that. 

'There's a real good feeling in the stadium'

Bloody hell. He's having a laugh. Seeing Williams saying sorry at the end of the last home match but being met with a lot of fans waiting to tell him and others to '**** off' was indicative of the 'good feeling' in the ground.

Edited by Yozzarian
  • Like 5
  • Flames 1

Do you think the current trio, LM. JL. BT. have it in them to take us to the next level? Depends on whether you're level is up or down. 

Imagine walking into Ashton Gate with its impressive facilities and asking to see the top man, and being met by theses three. Jeez.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RSW8 said:

What’s the complete and utter obsession with this Southampton game? We won and played well, that’s why the fans were happy that night. That’s what football is all about about, watching your team win and play well. But it was one win for gods sake. Need to get their heads out of their backsides and address the current position instead of all this ‘everyone was happy when we beat Southampton’ nonsense. 

Exactly. It was the outlier not the norm. I guess like the rest of us Tinnion slept through the Millwall game.

11 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

‘You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain’.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Because it’s run by people who are stupid.  I’ve worked for chaotic companies in the past….one common denominator, they were all run by incompetent people.  Some too nice, some too egotistical, some too vile. But all not clever enough 

Yep, me too, seen it all ! 🥴

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He sounded as if he’d learnt his lines Dave and was reciting them verbatim. He was definitely toeing the clubs line. He said nothing that we’d not heard before from Manning.

I’d rather of seen an interview with Hogg although he’d probably have said anything substantial.

11 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Well that’s true. I’m not close enough to the club or know anyone in the club to be sure.

We were dreadful for decades at bringing youngsters through, then all of a sudden we were one of the best. I don’t really know who does and doesn’t deserve credit for that. 

I don’t think BT has ever coached the youngsters, he has brought players in on the recommendation of others, most obviously Semenyo and Scott.

The day to day coaching is the responsibility of others like Bell and Alex Ball.