IGNORED

Tinnion Speaks!

11 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Thanks. I will. He manoeuvred his way into a managerial job he was totally out of his depth in and took a side who were in the playoffs to a desperate state within 15 months. That record should have ruled him out of any job in football at a senior level, let alone a higher ranked job at a higher level where he showed no aptitude to deserve it and only got it once more due to politicking as opposed to anything else.

The man’s not just incompetent. Hes delusional. And rampantly egotistical.

I could say more, but again, thanks for the invite

I watched all of Tinnions time at the club. He wouldn’t touch my best ever side. A large number of appearances for a club does not make a club “legend” - it makes, when that player is spending the majority of that time at league one, them an average or below average footballer. He may not have wanted to move for “personal” reasons but the fact remains he was a limited player. Great left foot, very one paced. Poor in the tackle. Dont confuse time served and time well paid for with being a great player.

Like it or not, without that one goal he’s a footnote. And without it, he in no way weasels his way back into a job he can’t do.

I say this as someone who’s spent the past few months nodding along in agreement to pretty much everything you’ve posted - to describe a player with more than 500 appearances for our club and a genuine trier as a “footnote” is slightly pathetic.

Like you, I think the current position he holds is a joke. After a truly disastrous spell as manager why we thought promoting him to the level above that was a good idea heaven knows. It’s very “us”.

Incompetent, delusional and rampantly egotistical? By all means. We’ll be better off when he’s no longer in his current post.

But let’s not discredit that argument by pretending his playing career was a “footnote”.

• Like 9
  • Flames 2

47 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

I say this as someone who’s spent the past few months nodding along in agreement to pretty much everything you’ve posted - to describe a player with more than 500 appearances for our club and a genuine trier as a “footnote” is slightly pathetic.

Like you, I think the current position he holds is a joke. After a truly disastrous spell as manager why we thought promoting him to the level above that was a good idea heaven knows. It’s very “us”.

Incompetent, delusional and rampantly egotistical? By all means. We’ll be better off when he’s no longer in his current post.

But let’s not discredit that argument by pretending his playing career was a “footnote”.

Acknowledged. Probably the wrong word - broader point is I don’t really consider him a legend - he was a decent enough league one player who stayed either because that was his level or because he was comfortable. I don’t think he gets elevated to “legend” status without that goal which I think is the point I was slightly clumsily trying to make.

(There is a broader conversation of what constitutes a club “legend” which this probably isn’t the place for!)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Poor in the tackle or frightened of a tackle?

Bit of both tbh. When he played we had an observation of the “Tinnion five” where he would run around like a lunatic for a limited period of the game before settling back to his normal pace. I don’t think he liked putting his foot in (odd as I think he started as a left back - early CM games even had him as a centre half!) but he did for some periods. Just not consistently.

As I said, league one was his level. Too slow and too many flaws in his game to play any higher.

On 10/03/2024 at 09:01, Silvio Dante said:

Acknowledged. Probably the wrong word - broader point is I don’t really consider him a legend - he was a decent enough league one player who stayed either because that was his level or because he was comfortable. I don’t think he gets elevated to “legend” status without that goal which I think is the point I was slightly clumsily trying to make.

(There is a broader conversation of what constitutes a club “legend” which this probably isn’t the place for!)

For what it’s worth, and last night’s PR disaster has just reminded me of this, I did initially write that your comment was disrespectful… but I think he’s gradually eroding any remnants of respect every time he opens his mouth 🤣

Just now, The Journalist said:

For what it’s worth, and last night’s PR disaster has just reminded me of this, I did initially write that your comment was disrespectful… but I think he’s gradually eroding any remnants of respect every time he opens his mouth 🤣

Not a problem 😂

The bizarre thing about last night is legend status/non legend status like/dislike I think it was universally agreed Tinnion has done a good job with the academy - and that comes primarily from putting the development of players above all else. Last night indicated personal glory above all else, which as I’ve indicated I think is a personality trait of his - I didn’t expect him to reveal it that much though!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Not a problem 😂

The bizarre thing about last night is legend status/non legend status like/dislike I think it was universally agreed Tinnion has done a good job with the academy - and that comes primarily from putting the development of players above all else. Last night indicated personal glory above all else, which as I’ve indicated I think is a personality trait of his - I didn’t expect him to reveal it that much though!

Whilst Nige was running the show Tinnion might have learned a lot but he went the other way and that interview last night just proved quite a few people right about him. Doesn't help the club much though...........until somebody shows some balls, thanks him for his efforts over ?? years (not sure how many, it hasn't been mentioned.....) and holds the door open for him on the way out.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 2