IGNORED

Tinnion Speaks!

BT - "I thought was a really good performance at Ipswich and we probably deserve something from the game, but you don't always get what you deserve from games.

But the three performances before that have not been as good.

It was after a really positive result against Southampton where we went really close with three points off the playoffs.

It's a really good feeling but we've just lost that a little bit with a couple of the performances so it's time to get that back.

Swansea at home is a big game for us and the lads have have got to go out there and perform and get the three points"

Q.

Results haven't been what we would have liked, but from your perspective, what from what we're trying to achieve, are we still heading in the right direction?

BT - "As I say after the Southampton game four games ago I think everybody's happy.

There's a real good feeling in the stadium, the crowds were up, you know, there's a really good crowd for the next game against QPR.

So yeah, it's just dropped off a little bit because of the four results but I think if you look back, to Boro away, to Southampton Home, it's a real good feeling and we have to get that feeling back"

https://youtu.be/ZaJtTkIBOXE?si=m6isZ4fvf5Of6Y8D

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It was after a really positive result against Southampton where we went really close with three points off the playoffs.

Eh? We were four points weren't we, with a worse goal difference and having played an extra game compared to most?

• Like 4

So win 2 games, everything is wonderful, lose 4 in a row and its 'dropped off a little bit'.

That there is relegation form . 6 points from 6 games. But when we played well there's a really good feeling. An observation he repeated.  

He should only release written  statements. 

DM me Brian. For a small fee I'll write something coherent. Something that might begin to build some trust with the large proportion of fans who don't buy your bullshit. 

• Like 10
  • Flames 5

7 minutes ago, The Bard said:

So win 2 games, everything is wonderful, lose 4 in a row and its 'dropped off a little bit'.

That there is relegation form . 6 points from 6 games. But when we played well there's a really good feeling. An observation he repeated.  

DM me Brian. For a small fee I'll write something coherent. Something that might begin to build some trust with the large proportion of fans who don't buy your bullshit. 

Absolutely zero mention of the woeful form and performances before those two wins either! 

They won’t sack Manning, we could lose every game and go down and they will keep him in L1. 

10 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

HEY BRIAN, just a reminder that you sacked a manager a week after we were 7th in an injury crisis 

What else did we expect from him, his appointment so will back it all the way and keep influencing the owners. Shambles all around really. 

Edited by Shauntaylor85
  • Like 1
  • Flames 3

21 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Something like this Bard,

"God hath given you one face, and you make yourself another"

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

They won’t sack Manning, we could lose every game and go down and they will keep him in L1. 

What else did we expect from him, his appointment so will back it all the way and keep influencing the owners. Shambles all around really. 

After watching this interview I've fully come to the conclusion that Manning will not leave unless BT also leaves. 

My concern after watching that interview is that BT is clearly acting in the role of what's best for Brisn Tinnion, not Bristol City. Having a technical director who puts himself first is just incredibly worrying. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 11

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

After watching this interview I've fully come to the conclusion that Manning will not leave unless BT also leaves. 

My concern after watching that interview is that BT is clearly acting in the role of what's best for Brisn Tinnion, not Bristol City. Having a technical director who puts himself first is just incredibly worrying. 

The root cause to the problem without a shadow of a doubt. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

4 points off Hull and 8 off WBA but yes had played a game more than Hull and WBA minimum. Coukd have become 4 and 5 respectively had we beaten QPR as WBA lost to Southampton the prior night 

Would hope Tinnion gets his facts right for a start...

All the same I'll watch his interview and the Press Conference with an open mind.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

4 points off Hull and 8 off WBA but yes had played a game more than Hull and WBA minimum. Coukd have become 4 and 5 respectively had we beaten QPR as WBA lost to Southampton the prior night 

Would hope Tinnion gets his facts right for a start...

I can't wait to hear what he says when the season is over! 

The fact that our North Korea TV are asking him if we are still heading in the right direction says an awful lot!  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

BT - "I thought was a really good performance at Ipswich and we probably deserve something from the game, but you don't always get what you deserve from games.

But the three performances before that have not been as good.

It's a really good feeling but we've just lost that a little bit with a couple of the performances so it's time to get that back.

Swansea at home is a big game for us and the lads have have got to go out there and perform and get the three points"

Q.

Results haven't been what we would have liked, but from your perspective, what from what we're trying to achieve, are we still heading in the right direction?

BT - "As I say after the Southampton game four games ago I think everybody's happy.

There's a real good feeling in the stadium, the crowds were up, you know, there's a really good crowd for the next game against QPR.

So yeah, it's just dropped off a little bit because of the four results but I think if you look back, to Boro away, to Southampton Home, it's a real good feeling and we have to get that feeling back"

https://youtu.be/ZaJtTkIBOXE?si=m6isZ4fvf5Of6Y8D

Club legend apparently.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, One Team said:

Tinnion loves Manning.

In his mind he’s not going anywhere.

Lose on Sunday and you’ll have the wraith of Ashton Gate. 

I think he loves him because of the involvement Manning allows Tinnion to have. 

A manager like Pearson would never allow it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

3 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Then people would complain we don't hear anything from the leadership of the club

I mean what's worse? Saying nothing and the fans get pissed off because they're not communicating or coming out and essentially telling the fans they don't think there is a problem and we've just been unlucky?

At this point I just see Tinnion as guy with a 3 inch paint brush trying to paint over the cracks only to realise the "cracks" are the grand canyon. The worst part is Tinnion will be here as long as the Lansdowns are meaning nothing will change. Too many high positions taken by guys with no clue how to run a club and egos too big to admit it and get the right men in.

• Like 4
  • Flames 4

• Admin

…at the point they asked Nige to resign after losing at Leeds…

It was after a really positive result against Plymouth where we went really close with just goals scored keeping us out the playoffs.

It's a really good feeling but we've just lost that a little bit with a couple of the performances so it's time to sack the manager and change the whole playing philosophy

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Fair play to you all… I can’t even bring myself to watch this stuff anymore. 

TBF his thoughts and insights into the academy players was pretty good, in addition to discussing the excellent U18 cup run and upcoming game against Man City he went on to explain the EY loan to Bath logic of being involved in ‘men’s’ football.. likening the move to Antoine and going on to say that only Lloyd Kelly wasn’t treated this way.. all good stuff and this is where he clearly excels.. Then, he started to talk about the first team and it all quickly turned to bluster and drivel..

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Then people would complain we don't hear anything from the leadership of the club

I won’t complain if we don’t hear from Brian Tinnion. There doesn’t need to be anything from him regarding team performance etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think he loves him because of the involvement Manning allows Tinnion to have. 

A manager like Pearson would never allow it. 

There's a reason for that.

• Like 3