IGNORED

Swansea City at home match thread

1 minute ago, Leabrook said:

After listening to the presser I said he’d be back. Could tell that Manning was telling fibs.  

Why tell fibs. The presser is for the benefit of fans.

He isn't Glenn Hoddle trying to mis lead the press re International line ups.

Can't imagine Swansea will be shaking in their boots if they know Twine is going to be in the squad today.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Leabrook said:

After listening to the presser I said he’d be back. Could tell that Manning was telling fibs.  

To be fair, so could I. He said that we were making real progress, that his phone was going mad with compliments, that he couldn’t change things mid game and that we’d played well in 19 of 20 games.

In that context, a fib about Scott Twine is small beer….

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1
1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

“It’s all about how we adapt in game depending on what they change or throw at us”

Definitely reads the forum…😂😂 

Just can’t warm to the bloke. It’s not his fault really. Should never have been given the job. I want him & tinnion gone but would never want us to lose a game . **** knows who would take over as caretaker boss if he did 😬

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

“It’s all about how we adapt in game depending on what they change or throw at us”

Definitely reads the forum…😂😂 

I know this is a joke but it genuinely concerns me at the thought that they do, I mean any confident manager who knows what they are doing doesn't need the fans to know what to do or say.

I'm fine with them reading and maybe even saying "look I'm aware of what the fans are saying" but pandering to fans.... bad look that will only appear shallow and desperate IMO.

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Just can’t warm to the bloke. It’s not his fault really. Should never have been given the job. I want him & tinnion gone but would never want us to lose a game . **** knows who would take over as caretaker boss if he did 😬

Marina Dolman

• Flames 1
5 minutes ago, Spike said:

I know this is a joke but it genuinely concerns me at the thought that they do, I mean any confident manager who knows what they are doing doesn't need the fans to know what to do or say.

I'm fine with them reading and maybe even saying "look I'm aware of what the fans are saying" but pandering to fans.... bad look that will only appear shallow and desperate IMO.

I think some of it is always in how it’s cached. Liams not the most natural media performer (which again makes me wonder why they’ve not put Hogg up at least once), so he has a tendency to say things a bit awkwardly at times. 

If he’d have said “90% of Ipswich was fine, but we - collectively - as management and players didn’t really adapt as well as we could have following their changes and we’ll be looking to improve that if they change the questions today” - it’s a bit of a different message. Same overall sentiment but different tone, and importantly collective responsibility. It’s probably not what he’s actually saying but how he says it.

10 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

hes waiting in the wings for his chance, think u18s