IGNORED

Swansea City at home match thread

1 hour ago, One Team said:

I can’t see it being anything other than pretty toxic if we lose Pete. Bad enough against Cardiff! 

Losing five in a row including 2 sides in the bottom 3 and both Severnside derbies should be curtains for any manager ! I’m hopeful that the players will dig him out today and get us 3 points but would be equally unsurprised to see a snooze fest with both teams terrified of losing !!! 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Ashton Fete said:

Such a key game now, win and the losing run ends, enough distance between us and the bottom 3 to not make it a nervous end to the season and who knows perhaps a chance for a positive end of the season….lose and we are 100% in a relegation fight with the losing run and games to come

Here’s hoping for a thumping home win 🤞 😬

I would take a win via absolute filth right now😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Losing five in a row including 2 sides in the bottom 3 and both Severnside derbies should be curtains for any manager ! I’m hopeful that the players will dig him out today and get us 3 points but would be equally unsurprised to see a snooze fest with both teams terrified of losing !!! 

I can easily see it being that type of game tbh. We’ve got to take our chance(s) and shut out the other end and if it’s drab then so be it. About the result today.

• Like 1

Didn't Manning say yesterday that Twine hadn't trained all week? Nice to see him back but...bit weird no?

That front 3 just doesn't work for me. 3 players on different wavelengths and with different attitudes. 

Looking forward to watching Tommy stand in space on the penalty spot screaming for the pass whilst Cornick sits deep waiting to run in at the far post...and Mehmeti decides against neither of those options because he thinks he should definitely cut inside, beat three defenders and then smack the ball wide of the near post.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 4

I'm relatively happy with that line up. obviously a shame that Sykes isn't ready for 90 minutes today, and Twine will be a cameo sub, I'd imagine. Tough on Wells, but Conway earned it with his goal.

We really need Mehmeti and Cornick to be up for this one.

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

According to the presser he didn’t train last week and considering the time out he has to be fit for the bench at best.

I suppose there is the option that Manning was bullshitting when he said he'd not trained. Or that Twine didn't Train but he did attend training.

That's probably me doing some pretty generous straw-clutching though. On the face of it is an example of a mismatch between words and actions.

Just now, Ivorguy said:

All very odd, do I see the hand of Tinnion in this?

I don’t think so. One of the accusations that I think is unfairly levelled at Liam is that he could be a yes man - I don’t think he is, and he’d pick whatever side/players he thought appropriate. That’s going to be even more pronounced today where he desperately needs a result. 

The more likely scenario is that Twine is borderline fit and he’s got him there in a “break glass in case of emergency” role. Although he was on the bench before for that reason and didn’t get on!

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

I suppose there is the option that Manning was bullshitting when he said he'd not trained. Or that Twine didn't Train but he did attend training.

That's probably me doing some pretty generous straw-clutching though. On the face of it is an example of a mismatch between words and actions.

See above mate - I think it’s a break glass scenario

• Like 4