IGNORED

Swansea City at home match thread

23 minutes ago, Graham76 said:

Anyone else think the attendance will be fairly low compared to normal?  With Mother’s Day and the midday kickoff assume a fair few might stay away. Recent performances haven’t helped either 

And kids football clashing. 

1 minute ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

The forum today and the Matchday thread will be eerily quiet what with "Mother's Day" and all that ....

MDT?  Mothers Day thread 

• Haha 1

Woke my teenage daughter up so she can ready for her game.  Between the outraged grunts I heard a “I dont want to go”. 

Luckily I’ve had an ace card to play - “if we don’t go, that means we go to City”…

Never seen her get ready for football so quickly

• Like 1
  • Haha 17

Has to be a much improved front foot performance and a win to halt the slide. Nothing less. I am asking a lot but having put up with so much 5hite with top six squad bull from the top, behaviours and being turned over by by dross. Yet again I will be looking at his in game management.

I am looking for passion, purpose and motivation. All words that you wouldn't associate (currently) with our head coach, but if he reads this on OTIB, I hope he has a word with himself.

• Like 8
15 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Mother's day? Fer goodness sake, Pong, what is this - football, or flower arranging?

I’m quite keen on needlepoint embroidery 

• Haha 2
20 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Found myself looking for excuses not to go.

Weather? Looks dry and mild.

Roads? Looks all clear.

Mothers day? Sadly no longer with us.

Thats it then, off I go again. This time we’ll all be rewarded with a fine win against the Welsh……….or maybe a draw. 

:pray::thumbsup:

There will be a lot of boo-ing if we lose 5 on the trot and it will be highly likely that we will be questioning whether Bernard Manning is actually up to the job.  After all, it's his tactics that seem to be causing the problem (or lack of any tactics).

The bottom 3 are looking very close now.

Next years season cards not on sale yet either - I wonder why that is !!!

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, One Team said:

I can’t see it being anything other than pretty toxic if we lose Pete. Bad enough against Cardiff! 

Because nothing screams "toxic" more than a lunchtime Sunday kick off at Ashton Gate. Maybe someone will shout a rude word at Lansdown?

Not exactly La Bombonera, is it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1
1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Because nothing screams "toxic" more than a lunchtime Sunday kick off at Ashton Gate. Maybe someone will shout a rude word at Lansdown?

So many happy clappers at AG, we are no better than Fulham fans. I can’t work out if section82 are happy clappers or not. Surely they need to get things going. 

Edited by Shauntaylor85
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

And a probably half empty AG given its Mother’s Day, Sunday, lunchtime KO, and we’re absolute pony to watch. Any of those things in isolation wil impact attendance, let alone all 4 combined!

18 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Fair point KITR. Certainly be interesting to see how it pans out. 

9 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

You find that as the crowd will be effected by Mother’s Day the die hard will still be there and with the moaners missing the atmosphere gets better 

Probably works out well for Manning if we play poorly and lose then as the boos will be drowned out by the die hards happy clapping

51 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

We will win today. Swans are naive and play a style we are comfy with. Will paper over cracks and Tinnion will be back on X. 

I agree, and also we will win because this is the only home game of the season that I cannot attend. 

2-0, City (Bristol)

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Only time I saw Ashton Gate La Bombonera style was when Roberts scored in the last minute in the playoffs and the Dolman visibly moved.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

And kids football clashing. 

MDT?  Mothers Day thread 

Can't believe he's gone for a box of Quality St. Schoolboy error, doesn't understand what the occasion means to mums, surely today is the day to go for it with the continental option of  Ferrero Rocher.

• Haha 2

Such a key game now, win and the losing run ends, enough distance between us and the bottom 3 to not make it a nervous end to the season and who knows perhaps a chance for a positive end of the season….lose and we are 100% in a relegation fight with the losing run and games to come

Here’s hoping for a thumping home win 🤞 😬

15 hours ago, 22A said:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/307118/bristol-city-v-swansea-city-match-day-thread-**updated/#17

Bristol fans and their team will be up for this, of that you can be sure. We'll do well to get a point out of this game.

Going to be a tough game, would love a win to set us up for next Saturday but I think a draw will probably be the outcome. Is the away allocation sold out?

I somehow doubt it. Reckon it could be our lowest gate of the season in the league.

• Like 2