IGNORED

Tinnion on SotC

1960maaan

15 minutes ago, Ecko said:

Incredibly amateur to put a specific number on next seasons point total. Hasn't BT learned from JL's mistakes of saying this squad has a top 6 squad. All this does will be further pressure on Manning next season. 

Also, BT is thick in saying this right before next season's season ticket prices will be released. Does he really think we will flock to purchase a season ticket, where he has publicly stated that the ambition is to be 10 points better off?! 

Laughable, amateurish, joker. 

Between LM on the weekend and now BT, all we hear are sound bites along the lines of them vs us. The issue being, as they see it, it’s their way or nothing.

Edited by Sturgess
  • Like 1

The Lansdown’s tried to lie to us in October. We pressed them for reasons on Pearson’s dismissal and got what we wanted - a lie so glaring that we could throw it back at them. ‘Pearson was fired for underachieving with a top 6 squad’. We got them. Tonight was as good as a concession - he wasn’t fired for footballing reasons. 

For me - SL and JL are the root of the problem. But they don’t just run the show - they own it. There is very little we can do.

On Tinnion - he’s a club legend and his work with the academy has been outstanding. The technical director role… a rocky start. But I DO believe he loves the club, wants what’s best for it, and can (hopefully) turn it around. 

On Manning - he was offered a job to lead our great club. A massive promotion from Oxford United, let’s be honest. So he took it. He seems to me to be a football obsessive who will sink all his time and energy into trying to deliver what we all want. The lie the Lansdown’s told meant he was on a hiding to nothing. His start has had problems, but he’s clearly not going anywhere nor is he culpable for the nonsense of last October. I hope we can all come together a bit, the fans, the squad, Manning and his team and go into next season with a bit of renewed vigour. 

The owners effed up no end in October. But the squad and LM are here fighting for us now. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 7
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, lenred said:

Weird that he said that the HPC looked at the next run of games after Southampton and Boro and said they were rubbing their hands together (you could hear him actually doing it whilst he was saying it). How ******* unprofessional is that. You shouldn’t be treating ANY game like that,  never mind a run of them.  Pathetic. No wonder we’re not where we want to be.   

Really? Wow

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He went out of his way to say (several times) that he’s been at the club 30 years and that he wants the same as everyone does - namely the club to be successful. Essentially he’s saying that he’s a fan and I have no beef with that sentiment.

His competence to earn such a senior role means that he’s impressed the hierarchy who obviously respect his knowledge and skills.

As with most things - the proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

It already is and it tastes like 💩 

• Haha 1

It seems t me that whatever Brian said in the interview, people have mentally condemned him.  I thought he was open and passionate and gave us some interesting insights.  He is not a politician but is clearly passionate about our club and maybe, after some mature reflection, people will see that he has helped to bring good players into our club and has generated enormous value with his efforts.  I hope he stays because we will find it hard to find a more devoted and enthusiastic football person to be our TD.  Thank you Brian, I appreciate your efforts and achievements.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 5

5 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Take your point but we knew that Atkinson, Benarous, McCrorie were all out long term and that’s before any other new injuries which happen at every club (more so at our club). I guess technically, with pro players in the 21s numbers wise we had 2 players for every position but I guarantee no other club in the league had 5 lads on the bench in August who had never started a game at our level.  

I remember our phone conversation on the way back from Cardiff.

And those 3 long-termers were gonna be added to by the sale of Scott.  The senior squad that really took to the season.

MO / SB

GT

CP / HR

ZV / RD / KN

MJ / JW / TGH / AK

JK / AW

HC / MS

SB / AM

TC / NW

20 players, a match day squad, thankful for some versatility.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, 38MC said:

He isn’t going to last much longer. No doubt about it in my eyes. I don’t like the Lansdowns, I don’t respect the lansdowns, I don’t trust the Lansdown’s… but they will have been listening and they will have been holding their heads in their hands at him going out like that just before ST renewal. 

I just hope even those intending to renew leave it very, very late. 

Steve will have seen the attendance and felt the atmosphere on Sunday and he’ll not be happy. Not one jot. He has sacked Tinnion once, and he’ll be doing it again soon 

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

1 hour ago, The Coach said:

“Coventry have invested 23million. That’s the difference. We can’t be compared to Coventry.”

Ludicrous statement. Coventry generated 39m on player sales and reinvested 37m of it. In previous seasons they had spent less than us and generated less than us. Their ‘success’ is down to a good recruitment structure. Our failures all lie with our poor recruitment which is solely down to Brian Tinnion. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

Unbelievable. What a tag line to go with to attract new players to the club "we want to be ten points better off in 12 months". Well I'll tell you what Tinnion, we should be ten points better off right now, and I'd put good money on Pearson being able to do that if he wasn't given the unjust boot he was! Clowns!!

10 points puts us right in the play off mix. Would you have preferred he said 15 or 20 or Top 2 so we can all chuck mid at him when we don’t achieve it?

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, 38MC said:

He isn’t going to last much longer. No doubt about it in my eyes. I don’t like the Lansdowns, I don’t respect the lansdowns, I don’t trust the Lansdown’s… but they will have been listening and they will have been holding their heads in their hands at him going out like that just before ST renewal. 

Steve will have seen the attendance and felt the atmosphere on Sunday and he’ll not be happy. Not one jot. He has sacked Tinnion once, and he’ll be doing it again soon 

I doubt it. 

They like subservience and cowtowing. 

They have that in spades with this ****.

Why do you think he has been engineered into a place of such power?

I stick to my guns when I said early in the season, if they bought 2 or 3 decent solid players at this level in the summer in the right positions we'd be close to the playoffs, if not just inside. Nothing I've seen from the other teams below the top 4 (and maybe West Brom), has made me change my mind

They didn't have to be spectacular, just good pros who fitted our style of play. It was pure pettiness that stopped that happening and now they've set us back a couple of seasons again.

• Like 9
  • Flames 4

45 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Also what a nice big round number to land on. Not totally plucked out of thin air in the moment at all. 

Seems like all the interview has done has create a clear ‘us and them’ mentality between board and fans. 

I think it's a bit more intelligent than you are giving credit.

At 10 points more= 1 point off playoffs.

Any higher he'd be saying playoffs this time next year, and be held to that.

Now absolute wiggle room.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

It seems t me that whatever Brian said in the interview, people have mentally condemned him.  I thought he was open and passionate and gave us some interesting insights.  He is not a politician but is clearly passionate about our club and maybe, after some mature reflection, people will see that he has helped to bring good players into our club and has generated enormous value with his efforts.  I hope he stays because we will find it hard to find a more devoted and enthusiastic football person to be our TD.  Thank you Brian, I appreciate your efforts and achievements.

I'm sorry, I totally disagree with this.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

It bloody does, I can tell you!

(id updated Cornick to £500k based on the accounts and a bit of guesswork)

Did your £500k account for agent fees?  Lots of young Bristol City talent on their books. 

Edited by SuperRed

13 minutes ago, 38MC said:

I really do hope he does something, these muppets are destroying the club from within. You can't blame the fans for any of this shitshow.

he got rid of Deano when the going got tough. 

1 hour ago, winsaw said:

So Tinnion has basically said the club only wants to be mid table in the championship with his 10 points better off comments, they got no ambition to push for the prem , that makes me feel a little sad thinking that what we have now is as good as it's going to get, we are just going to become one of those nothing clubs that never dose anything of note don't go up don't go down just occupies a spot in the league they are in , 

No, he didn’t. 10 points better off this time next season has us 7th, competing for top six? 

Just now, The turtle said:

I think it's a bit more intelligent than you are giving credit.

At 10 points more= 1 point off playoffs.

Any higher he'd be saying playoffs this time next year, and be held to that.

Now absolute wiggle room.

Doesn't alter the fact that it's where we were before this utter cluster****.

Jesus Christ. We had it all good to go!

****wits.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Still spouting bullshit that we had two players for every position in the summer   For the Millwall game in August (which is the summer)we had 5 subs who had never started a game at Championship & 35 year old Andy King.  Squad depth has been our biggest issue but still the club  still state we had two players for every position.

If he really believes this (we both certainly don’t) then something is wrong with the medical department or our conditioning then, because as I pointed out in a post yesterday us & Rotherham (who have the smallest budget) are massive outliers this season in both consistently failing to fill the subs bench.

As you say the 7 or 8 we have on it has usually included King (basically a coach) plus the likes of Knight-Lebel, Yeboah, Nelson, Meerholz, Joseph James, Aroye & Backwell, & a sub goalkeeper in either Bajic or Wiles-Richards with zero English league experience.

Pitiful state of affairs.

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

I’m not sure that necessarily means Manning is gone as well. It would make sense for them both to go, but the pair of them is toxic. 

One obvious way to give Manning some breathing room and to appease the fans is to get rid of this wholly unqualified, out of his depth, blagger who showed again his narcissistic tendencies and his inability to be trusted with private and sensitive data relating to transfers. 

I think it would do Manning the world of good to have a chance without Tinnion above him. I don’t personally hold the belief it would come good even that way, but it’s so toxic, they drag each other down or you back one horse. Right now, even though Manning doesn’t show enough, Tinnion should go based on tonight alone. The 30 year comment was utterly atrocious 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1