IGNORED

Tinnion on SotC

1960maaan

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Just listened to the start again.

"Steve and Jon decided they wanted a good run in the u-18 youth Cup this season"

So, as a result, Brian explained:

1) It's part of the reason why we can't fill a full bench for the first team; and

2) U-18s are deliberately being held back from progressing into the u-21s so that we can do well in the youth Cup.

So we are sabotaging the first team, u-21s and development of u-18s because on a whim Steve and Jon decided they wanted a good cup run for the u-18s?

I think this is up there with one of the most absurd things I've ever heard come out of the club. 

Utterly mental.

Maybe the FA Youth Cup prize is £20m and a place in the Champions League?

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

After a few hours to review my considered thoughts are

Brian was told/agreed to go on SOTC. 

Brian bless him has a lot of attributes, but dealing with marginally tough questions isn’t one of them, particularly as he is implicated in what ever is going on, on a match day  

Brian was a part of the process to fire Mr Pearson and recommended Mr Manning  

Brian is the fall guy if everything goes bad. 

SL noticed the big gaps in the stadium and couldn’t fail but notice the utter shit in front of him and the boos. 

Some serious conversations are being had with our coaching staff

You would hope. 

I'm really not so sure.

9 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

I agree, but pearson calling out the lansdowns in public over his contract made his own position untenable, and he clearly would have known that. and im not sure he would consider a move upstairs at that point to be something he would want to bother with, especially if fleming and euell were to be moved on as well.

Tell me where on here people were demanding he went on the radio tonight? Moron

I’m not sure about the term calling out. He said there was no one available at the top of the club and a week or two later he said “if I still have a job” 

Fact is he told it like it was and it was obvious he was on his way. Saying it was that, that cost him his job is bizarre. The way he saw it that decision was already made. 

Nevertheless a year or so earlier when he said Jon was entitled to his opinion as Chairman but was wrong is what got under juniors skin!

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

19 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I also said this a few months ago - would mean Pearson can take a step back given his health issues but still provide his experience and gravitas.

I also think he’d be able to fulfil such a role without stepping on Manning’s toes. Lots of others would be too egotistical.

Such a shame an arrangement that would likely be much better than the current setup would never be a possibility under such a weak board.

No. 

Because he questioned them.

Not allowed. 

Not under a dictatorship.

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

After a few hours to review my considered thoughts are

Brian was told/agreed to go on SOTC. 

Brian bless him has a lot of attributes, but dealing with marginally tough questions isn’t one of them, particularly as he is implicated in what ever is going on, on a match day  

Brian was a part of the process to fire Mr Pearson and recommended Mr Manning  

Brian is the fall guy if everything goes bad. 

SL noticed the big gaps in the stadium and couldn’t fail but notice the utter shit in front of him and the boos. 

Some serious conversations are being had with our coaching staff

Brian is the latest fall guy, theres been 20 odd years of crap decisions and appointments before tinnion got that role, and there will be a lot more shoddy decisions still to come if he loses that role. Hes being blamed for wanting to be better next season, and blamed for wanting the youth team to win the youth cup in this thread! I think it his fault twine got injured, and for scott being sold and lansdown not releasing some of the funds for the striker we all knew we needed too.

• Hmmm 1

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

It didn't take me long ( 2 minutes)

YOU SAID:

"In what way is he better? How far as a club in footballing terms have we moved on since he came to power? We have had infrastructure investment for sure, name me a club, fewers aside, who haven't refurbed their ground, training centre or moved to a new facility since then? You talk about SL making a massive mistake with sacking Pearson in isolation, but it's not. He's made a bucket load of mistakes throughout..."

Isn't it funny how some people want to be populist and pretend they always were with Nigeywigey?

You are really not doing yourself any favours with your new buzzword. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lenred said:

Will we be able to ask him questions does anyone know?

Ha do me a favour despite all the anger and hot air on here...given the opportunity to ask difficult questions face to face they choke. happened at the 3 Lions but on here it's toxic. 

1 minute ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

That couldn’t have gone any worse. 

Sadly, at some point, they’ve decided that BT is the best man for that interview, which tells you everything you need to know. 

Probably because it was him or the chairman.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

It didn't take me long ( 2 minutes)

YOU SAID:

"In what way is he better? How far as a club in footballing terms have we moved on since he came to power? We have had infrastructure investment for sure, name me a club, fewers aside, who haven't refurbed their ground, training centre or moved to a new facility since then? You talk about SL making a massive mistake with sacking Pearson in isolation, but it's not. He's made a bucket load of mistakes throughout..."

Isn't it funny how some people want to be populist and pretend they always were with Nigeywigey?

Yeah you failed your mot mate. Tell me at any point that was anti nige rather than anti SL? I actually mention sacking Pearson was a massive mistake - not to be taken in isolation. Thanks for proving me to be nigeywigey though 

Edited by 38MC
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Utterly mental.

Maybe the FA Youth Cup prize is £20m and a place in the Champions League?

Tinnion then went on to say how great it was that the plan had clearly worked as the u-18s were in the semi finals. As if it's some sort of stroke of genius to screw your first team and development squads up at the expense of the u-18s. 😅

The hubris is excruciating.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Just listened to the start again.

"Steve and Jon decided they wanted a good run in the u-18 youth Cup this season"

So, as a result, Brian explained:

1) It's part of the reason why we can't fill a full bench for the first team; and

2) U-18s are deliberately being held back from progressing into the u-21s so that we can do well in the youth Cup.

So we are sabotaging the first team, u-21s and development of u-18s because on a whim Steve and Jon decided they wanted a good cup run for the u-18s?

I think this is up there with one of the most absurd things I've ever heard come out of the club. 

I’m hoping it’s all part of the plan to make the club more marketable.

”Our under18s won the youth cup, loads of gems to turn into real value for your investment” 

Because if it’s just because they just wanted to win an u18s trophy in isolation, that’s the most bonkers thing I’ve ever heard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I’m not sure about the term calling out. He said there was no one available at the top of the club and a week or two later he said “if I still have a job” 

Fact is he told it like it was and it was obvious he was on his way. Saying it was that, that cost him his job is bizarre. The way he saw it that decision was already made. 

Nevertheless a year or so earlier when he said Jon was entitled to his opinion as Chairman but was wrong is what got under juniors skin!

Certainly, all of these were reasons why he wasnt going to be moved upstairs to allow manning to come in underneath him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Simon bristol said:

Brian is the latest fall guy, theres been 20 odd years of crap decisions and appointments before tinnion got that role, and there will be a lot more shoddy decisions still to come if he loses that role. Hes being blamed for wanting to be better next season, and blamed for wanting the youth team to win the youth cup in this thread! I think it his fault twine got injured, and for scott being sold and lansdown not releasing some of the funds for the striker we all knew we needed too.

Tinman as manager was one of those crap decisions Tinman is Director of Football was another. 

We all want to be better next season, so they sacked the manager in the most bizarre circumstances out and out lying and Brian was a big part of that. 

We all want to win the youth cup too, but it seems completely lost that Pearson was having to play those players because he had no one else and one of the last straws was Brian criticizing Pearson for playing Andy King before one of the youth team. 

Mr Lansdown is releasing funds to Mr Manning but didn’t to Nigel Pearson. What does all of that tell you?

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

8 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Ha do me a favour despite all the anger and hot air on here...given the opportunity to ask difficult questions face to face they choke. happened at the 3 Lions but on here it's toxic. 

You normally talk utter nonsense. However you are spot on there!

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Tinnion then went on to say how great it was that the plan had clearly worked as the u-18s were in the semi finals. As if it's some sort of stroke of genius to screw your first team and development squads up at the expense of the u-18s. 😅

Do you not want the under 18s to win the youth cup? Id quite like to see that personally.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Tinman as manager was one of those crap decisions Tinman is Director of Football was another. 

We all want to be better next season, so they sacked the manager in the most bizarre circumstances out and out lying and Brian was a big part of that. 

We all want to win the youth cup too, but it seems completely lost that Pearson was having to play those players because he had no one else and one of the last straws was Brian criticizing Pearson for playing Andy King before one of the youth team. 

Mr Lansdown is releasing funds to Mr Manning but didn’t to Nigel Pearson. What does all of that tell you?

It tells me he didnt want pearson around because pearson knew they were full of shit, and lansdown didnt want him spending more money on his own players.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Do you not want the under 18s to win the youth cup? Id quite like to see that personally.

Innit mate. We shouldn’t have brought Alex Scott through so fast and we could have won that a few years back 

Edited by 38MC

Just now, Simon bristol said:

It tells me he didnt want pearson around because pearson knew they were full of shit, and lansdown didnt want him spending more money on his own players.

Perfect! 

Just missed the bits regarding Brian’s input and that junior was the driver and probably the Lansdown to which you refer.

But Exactly

1 minute ago, Simon bristol said:

How do surmise that from BTs interview on SotC? 

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I’m hoping it’s all part of the plan to make the club more marketable.

”Our under18s won the youth cup, loads of gems to turn into real value for your investment” 

Because if it’s just because they just wanted to win an u18s trophy in isolation, that’s the most bonkers thing I’ve ever heard. 

After the recent additional revenue from the sale of the retro shirts I expect someone has seen an opportunity to release a "one off" U18 FA Cup final shirt and with the game being played at AG8 if we make the final the powers that be are chasing the pound signs again 

I expect a new set of crayons are being opened as we breathe 

3 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

I'm not sure anyone would actually want their U18 side to be successful at the cost of the U23s and senior side, and then that's before individual player progression has been impacted too 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

12 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Jeez………….:facepalm:

• Facepalm 3