IGNORED

Bristol Gigs & Festivals

RedM

For me it's been a balance of cost and artist. 
In fact the only one I've been keen on lately was the Arctic's, typically I was away and missed out on tickets.
I'm hoping the other Gigs will be a little more exciting to my eyes...... Foo Fighters anyone ?? 

Probably miss out if they did get them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Vespa Red said:

I think the Foos ship has sailed as the tour was announced a couple of months ago and they sell out venues twice the size of ours.  Nice idea though.

Blur maybe?

Played two dates at Wembley this year so I think, again, may be too big. With Damon’s 7542 musical projects on the go at one time I also think they’ll only tour further if they feel they have artistic merit in doing so (and the new album is very good).

Did manage to get to see them on the warm up tour at Wolves Civic. Fantastic gig.

• Admin
1 hour ago, petelekg said:

No mention of priority booking for hospitality for season ticket holder in email from Aston Gate we had this offer for the Elton John  concert

looks like you have to buy there album to qualify for a pre sales code 

Will never happen for an act like this

1 hour ago, Selred said:

Why not? Feels an easy perk for City/Bears fans, even if it's not much traction.

It would make a lot of sense, but then if you're the promoter and you've booked the venue for a fixed price, you can likely hawk out hospitality tickets to 'super fans' who will pay a premium for a sausage on a stick.

Advantage for the club, if the seats don't sell out, their cash is safe.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Selred said:

Why not? Feels an easy perk for City/Bears fans, even if it's not much traction.

Elton was struggling to sell tickets

Take That will sell out from their own fans

As already discussed elsewhere, the concert organisers have hired the stadium it is nothing to do with the football club

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Don't see that it's impossible. Co-op members have priority for their show at Co-op Live in Manchester - https://www.cooplive.com/events/take-that-may-2024

You have answered your own question there

• Admin

Taken from "This is Bristol"

Music fans in Bristol could well see five big stadium gigs at Ashton Gate next summer, after bosses said they would try to beat the 2019 schedule when four bands came to BS3 to perform. After Take That were the first act to be confirmed in the summer series next year, venue director Jenny Hutchinson said they were planning a ‘bumper’ year next year.

I have to ask who is Jenny Hutchinson, I have never heard her mentioned before?

59 minutes ago, phantom said:

Take That will sell out from their own fans

As already discussed elsewhere, the concert organisers have hired the stadium it is nothing to do with the football club

But some Bristol City and Bears fans are Take That fans.

They are hiring from Bristol Sport, who could say you need to do pre-sale for our members (like O2 arena have, like Co-Op have etc). Not to do with the club, but to do with the Bristol Sport group.

• Admin
3 hours ago, Selred said:

But some Bristol City and Bears fans are Take That fans.

They are hiring from Bristol Sport, who could say you need to do pre-sale for our members (like O2 arena have, like Co-Op have etc). Not to do with the club, but to do with the Bristol Sport group.

But surely as it's a take that event their members should get the priority? 

Those fans have the same opportunity as other take that fans 

Anyway, this is how it is for 99% of concerts around venues, it's not as if we're doing something different 

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Taken from "This is Bristol"

Music fans in Bristol could well see five big stadium gigs at Ashton Gate next summer, after bosses said they would try to beat the 2019 schedule when four bands came to BS3 to perform. After Take That were the first act to be confirmed in the summer series next year, venue director Jenny Hutchinson said they were planning a ‘bumper’ year next year.

I have to ask who is Jenny Hutchinson, I have never heard her mentioned before?

Been here a while, it would seem:

https://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/ashton-gate-stadium-appoints-jenny-hutchinson-as-head-of-venue-events-2/

(I hadn't heard of her either!)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, phantom said:

But surely as it's a take that event their members should get the priority? 

Those fans have the same opportunity as other take that fans 

Anyway, this is how it is for 99% of concerts around venues, it's not as if we're doing something different 

Which members?

All people going to Take That concerts will be fans. If being on O2 or Co-Op gives you priority then so should City or Bears. We should aim for the best offering for our supporters, not just following the crowd.

• Admin
9 hours ago, Selred said:

Which members?

All people going to Take That concerts will be fans. If being on O2 or Co-Op gives you priority then so should City or Bears. We should aim for the best offering for our supporters, not just following the crowd.

As standard practice for many acts touring on the back of an album release, if you preorder that album you get a priority window - in this instance a limited number of tickets get released on Wednesday for all venues 

O2 get priority as part of the contract you pay for which is ironically called "O2 priority" , co-op employees get the access due to their employer sponsoring a venue and pay through an internal work scheme for this. 

At the end of the day we get the correct priority for the teams we have paid to support, I don't expect a priority on any of the many other events held at Ashton Gate during the relevant time period

1 hour ago, phantom said:

As standard practice for many acts touring on the back of an album release, if you preorder that album you get a priority window - in this instance a limited number of tickets get released on Wednesday for all venues 

O2 get priority as part of the contract you pay for which is ironically called "O2 priority" , co-op employees get the access due to their employer sponsoring a venue and pay through an internal work scheme for this. 

At the end of the day we get the correct priority for the teams we have paid to support, I don't expect a priority on any of the many other events held at Ashton Gate during the relevant time period

You’re missing the point. It’s not about expecting it, it’s about how it’ll be a good bonus for members. 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

It's Co-op members, not Co-op employees. Anyone can sign up to be a Co-op member to benefit from their member prices etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Having given it some thought, with the talk of up to five gigs, and coupled with the size of act (not big enough for Wembley, but can do stadia), together with current output (ie do they have an album out), if Kylie Minogue is not announced I’ll give you the money myself.

I thought the same. With a new album out, it seems inevitable. Can't think of anyone else of that size with new material out who could do it. Stones? But imagine they'd do bigger venues.

11 minutes ago, Ashton Yate said:

I thought the same. With a new album out, it seems inevitable. Can't think of anyone else of that size with new material out who could do it. Stones? But imagine they'd do bigger venues.

Stones too big for me. Last tour I saw them at London Stadium. I think steers on ours have to be those playing arenas now - so maybe Duran Duran, Busted? 

Kylies my banker though 

• Like 1