IGNORED

Bristol Gigs & Festivals

RedM

6 minutes ago, DaveF said:

What's your favourite Westlife hit? Or are you more into Ronan's solo material?

The fact that Westlife's 3 top selling singles were all cover versions says it all.........they were pretty boys loved by pre pubescents and housewives.....But they did have their own chocolate bar!

• Like 1

It won't be Westlife. I'm in their main fan club, whilst lead singer for a Westlife Tribute act, and have seen them 53 times. They are touring America this year.

Spice Girls, Cher & Rihanna  are strongly linked to be headlining Glastonbury with one due to be announced soon, so I think it will be one of them three as a warm up. My monies on the Spice Girls as it's their 30th year, and VB has been seen with the girls lately in studios. So they are definitely touring this year, and an announcement is due soon. The Spice Girls at the Gate would be huge. 

1 hour ago, Agard Days Night said:

Who would you like to see play at the Gate this summer?

Newcastle in the first Premier League home match of next season 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 29/12/2023 at 09:12, nebristolred said:

It seems Liam Gallagher will be touring his new album with John Squire next year, I wonder if this could be a part of 'BS3 Live'? With both announcements seemingly imminent it could make sense.

22 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

"A third huge stadium gig at Ashton Gate is to take place this coming summer, stadium bosses have revealed. The announcement of which music act will be taking to the stage in BS3 is expected to made on Friday, with speculation mounting about who it will be."

The new Liam and John Squire tune I mentioned is out this Friday. Could be coincidence, not sure it's the sort of act I could imagine them bringing here, but worth mentioning.

18 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

It won't be Westlife. I'm in their main fan club, whilst lead singer for a Westlife Tribute act, and have seen them 53 times.

Surely you are resident of a secure facility somewhere

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roger Red Hat said:

The Boss.

Playing Cardiff on May 5th. Good tickets bagged a couple of months ago.

Full tour scheduled already from March through to Nov. Europe, UK and USA.

Edited by Sir Geoff
extra text
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Isn't that a point of a launch that you have hooked in thousands of followers for the announcement?

Otherwise pretty pointless setting up an account at this stage

No. It's to tease and also to build up content. When launched / announced people will know it's the real account, and if interested in artists will then follow.

I've signed up to the mailing list for announcement (from seeing the social media) but I don't need to follow the account which is just teasers.

Could be Springstein, could be Doja Cat, both very different audiences. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

If it is, do you fancy taking my Joe with you.  He’s desperate to see them!

I’d be up for that.

Seen them twice, and have also met Joey before his unfortunate demise.  If they play AS, it would be my privilege to take your Joe along.

On 21/09/2023 at 22:50, Selred said:

Seen them a few times, but now they are a 3 I can't muster the excitement.

Muse were excellent down at the Gate, would love them to return.

Stones would be superb to return too.

Stones!!   The greatest and most long lived rock band on the planet......they cannot be over emphasised or be out done!!  IMHO

4 hours ago, maxjak said:

Slipknot....Rammstein....Ha!

Slipknot at AG. Probably too loud for the locals, they'd all complain at the noise..

I think they're great though. The fact they are sneered at by the average jo makes me like their music even more. Corey Taylor is an extremely talented front man imo.

• Like 2