IGNORED

Bristol Gigs & Festivals

RedM

Will sell well amongst 30-somethings (mainly women) who listened to Galaxy/Kiss 20 years ago and want to relive their teenage years. And I suspect the next set of acts to be announced will be of a similar but more modern ilk to attract the younger crowd, so they can pitch it as a day out for all the family.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thank god I got tickets for the Foo Fighters at West Ham that day.

Thought it was gonna be someone good! 🤣🤣🤣

An all day festival with apparently 2 stages was never going to attract anyone massive, at least not in todays standard. Ne-Yo was a very big name well over a decade ago. Don't think this is going to be for me, but i can imagine they will sell out easy enough.

Had my suspicions they might go down this kind of direction . Won’t be for me , but hopefully it’s successful. Don’t get too many big mainstream act events in Bristol so something a bit different.

stuff I prefer is already pretty well catered for with forwards festival and a few smaller ones like dot 2 dot , plus a decent range of small-medium gig venues 

• Like 3

Seems like a glorified Butlins weekender to me.

You'd also imagine Craig David isn't the biggest act they've got. But he'll pull in a healthy crowd on his own. Each act will bring X amount of fans with them so eventually they'll be hoping all that together leads to a sell out. 

With it being an all day thing they'll be making loads of money on the food and drink. That's where the money is id imagine as they increase the prices at concerts. Pretty sure I paid over 7 quid a pint at the Killers concert? 

21 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Seems like a glorified Butlins weekender to me.

Stick a couple of li-los and a rubber ring on the Malago, get the Bingo back on North Street and it'll be the Ted Bovis fest in no time.

Edited by Bristol Rob
  • Haha 1

Headline acts are always announced last, so the fact the DJ sort of acts have been announced first doesn't surprise me. They are often used for Crowd Builders. 

Craig David still sells out Racecourses, so to have Craig David and Neyo at the bottom of the bill bodes well. It'll be like Party In The Park. 

Got a feeling Busted may be on the bill and Blossoms

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Oddly, the one bit of the French language @Harry knows references both of those animals.

La vache travaille dans la bibliotheque avec le blaireau 

Used to be a good chat up line that. Confuse a girl and you get their attention 🤣

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Had my suspicions they might go down this kind of direction . Won’t be for me , but hopefully it’s successful. Don’t get too many big mainstream act events in Bristol so something a bit different.

stuff I prefer is already pretty well catered for with forwards festival and a few smaller ones like dot 2 dot , plus a decent range of small-medium gig venues 

Dot To Dot is one of the best things Bristol has, really great festival. Quite incredible really that the likes of Ed Sheeran, Fontaines DC, Lewis Capaldi, Dua Lipa, Wolf Alice etc have all played it before they were big. Basically a great predictor of the next big thing.

Edited by nebristolred
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Headline acts are always announced last, so the fact the DJ sort of acts have been announced first doesn't surprise me. They are often used for Crowd Builders. 

Craig David still sells out Racecourses, so to have Craig David and Neyo at the bottom of the bill bodes well. It'll be like Party In The Park. 

Got a feeling Busted may be on the bill and Blossoms

They said the are keeping the Garage/R&B theme for the rest.

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Will sell well amongst 30-somethings (mainly women) who listened to Galaxy/Kiss 20 years ago and want to relive their teenage years. And I suspect the next set of acts to be announced will be of a similar but more modern ilk to attract the younger crowd, so they can pitch it as a day out for all the family.

And 40 somethings thank you! :P 

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1