IGNORED

Bristol Gigs & Festivals

RedM

7 hours ago, robinforlife2 said:

It won't be Westlife. I'm in their main fan club, whilst lead singer for a Westlife Tribute act, and have seen them 53 times. They are touring America this year.

Spice Girls, Cher & Rihanna  are strongly linked to be headlining Glastonbury with one due to be announced soon, so I think it will be one of them three as a warm up. My monies on the Spice Girls as it's their 30th year, and VB has been seen with the girls lately in studios. So they are definitely touring this year, and an announcement is due soon. The Spice Girls at the Gate would be huge. 

Rihanna would be ridiculous - can’t imagine we’d get her, she’d be a Wembley/Old Trafford act if doing football stadiums.. would be amazing though. 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Rihanna would be ridiculous - can’t imagine we’d get her, she’d be a Wembley/Old Trafford act if doing football stadiums.. would be amazing though. 

Not necessarily to be fair. She did a tour in the UK not so long ago where she failed to sell out the Stadium of Light I think it was. It wouldn't surprise me, not that I think it's her.

6 hours ago, 2015 said:

Slipknot at AG. Probably too loud for the locals, they'd all complain at the noise..

I think they're great though. The fact they are sneered at by the average jo makes me like their music even more. Corey Taylor is an extremely talented front man imo.

On 03/01/2024 at 12:47, robinforlife2 said:

It won't be Westlife. I'm in their main fan club, whilst lead singer for a Westlife Tribute act, and have seen them 53 times. They are touring America this year.

Spice Girls, Cher & Rihanna  are strongly linked to be headlining Glastonbury with one due to be announced soon, so I think it will be one of them three as a warm up. My monies on the Spice Girls as it's their 30th year, and VB has been seen with the girls lately in studios. So they are definitely touring this year, and an announcement is due soon. The Spice Girls at the Gate would be huge. 

If the tribute act isn't called 'West Country Life' then a trick has been missed.

7 hours ago, nebristolred said:

No idea who he is but seems to have a huge amount of listeners on Spotify. Touring the UK end of June too...

I'm not familiar with his work, but I've noticed he features quite regularly on those pre-match playlists that the players choose for home games.

Ashton Gate Presents BS3 announced

One stadium, two stages, ten artists. This is Ashton Gate Presents BS3.

We are proud to announce that Ashton Gate will promote its first ever multi-artist concert at the stadium across two stages under the banner of Ashton Gate Presents BS3.

Ashton Gate Presents BS3 will take place on Saturday, June 22nd 2024. The first artists on the line-up will be revealed next week, but revellers can sign up for pre-registration now.

Jenny Hutchinson, Venue Director at Ashton Gate said: “We have seen such a massive demand for live music in Bristol every time we announce a concert, so we are excited to be taking this new step and promoting our own multi-artist event in what is a first for Ashton Gate. Our team has worked hard to curate this new show for the stadium, which will see ten incredible artists perform back-to-back hits throughout the day across two stages.

“Ashton Gate has hosted world-renowned acts such as Arctic Monkeys, The Killers, Elton John, Muse and Spice Girls in recent years and we have fine-tuned our concert operation, teaming up with experts in the industry to ensure we deliver a truly spectacular concert. We are always proud to deliver memorable experiences for our audiences, so we are thrilled to be able to present our own show at the stadium. Ashton Gate Presents BS3 will lay the foundations for us to deliver more multi-artist shows in the future!”

The event name “BS3” is derived from Ashton Gate Stadium’s postcode in our vibrant city and the location of the iconic home of Bristol City Football Club and Bristol Bears.

It represents our deep-rooted pride in our community and our commitment to delivering an event that brings the biggest and most popular artists in the world to Bristol, while also reflecting the diversity, artistry and musical heritage that the city is famous for.

We want “BS3” to become an iconic event in the South West’s musical calendar, with the unique multi-artist music extravaganza centred around incredible live performances from legendary artists, current chart-toppers and rising stars of the future.

“BS3” will be a jam-packed day of non-stop entertainment across an awe-inspiring main stage and second stage, creating a concert experience unlike any other.

Ticket details and hospitality packages will be announced soon.

https://www.ashtongatestadium.co.uk/news/ashton-gate-presents-bs3-announced/

2 minutes ago, Henry said:

Apparently both will be on the pitch.

Interesting, I hadn't thought of that... I wonder if they will go with one at either end like Forwards, or two next to each other so there is basically no gaps between sets.

I gather the lineup is going to be a bit more erm... Love Saves than some of the suggestions here.

Edited by nebristolred
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, nebristolred said:

Interesting, I hadn't thought of that... I wonder if they will go with one at either end like Forwards, or two next to each other so there is basically no gaps between sets.

Back to back on the centre line is my guess

3 minutes ago, Paul G said:

Back to back on the centre line is my guess

I can't see that honestly, I think 2 stages next to each other is the most logical if it is definitely 2 on the pitch. Maximises the capacity moreso than the other 2 setups.

Edited by nebristolred

Quite a few European festivals use a two stage setup , either side by side , or end to end. It lets the sound teams/tech guys set up one stage while the other stage is playing, meaning no big gaps between sets. 

I went to primavera in Barcelona last year and they did this (side by side). It meant only 5-10 mins between acts rather than about 30 mins + like at Glastonbury or similar 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, internetjef said:

Quite a few European festivals use a two stage setup , either side by side , or end to end. It lets the sound teams/tech guys set up one stage while the other stage is playing, meaning no big gaps between sets. 

I went to primavera in Barcelona last year and they did this (side by side). It meant only 5-10 mins between acts rather than about 30 mins + like at Glastonbury or similar 

One artist can play on the stage and the next can set up in the Lansdown tunnel entrance and just use Downsy’s mic via the stadium PA system. I’m reliable told it is top notch. 

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, internetjef said:

I think Reading do this now don’t they? Forwards here in Bristol too, plenty in Australia and Europe too for sure.