IGNORED

Bristol Gigs & Festivals

RedM

1 minute ago, nebristolred said:

Oh really? Interesting. Where have you seen that?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-67911557

The host act will be announced at 10:00 GMT on Thursday, an hour before the pre-sale starts.

General sale for tickets, priced from £40 plus booking fee, will open at the same time on Friday.

• Thanks 1

Decent chance the headliner might be burna boy I guess after he liked the event on some social media channel a while back 

he headlined a night on the other stage at Glastonbury one year a year or two back which is a bigger slot than Ne-yo or Craig David would get if they played there 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Not Ashton Gate I know, but does anyone from here ever go to the Arctangent festival? Is it worth it?

I LOOOVVEEE ArcTanGent!!! Will be heading there for the 7th time this year - probably got slightly more metal than when it first started but generally a great mix of math rock, post rock, slightly experimental/avant garde type stuff with the occasional wild card thrown in - would definitely recommend it if alternative is your thing!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, internetjef said:

Two posters on the efestivals Glastonbury forum believe that Kings of Leon are signed up to play Ashton Gate on Sunday 23rd June (the day after this bs3 live thing). 

That website brings back memories 

It was always my go to for Glastonbury rumours 

2 hours ago, nebristolred said:

I got dragged to see KoL relatively recently and they really surprised me, a sublime gig. That's a much better booking imo.

I saw them in Wrexham last summer. I can take or leave them generally but they were outstanding, one of the best I've been to in a long time.

• Like 1

I saw them in Cardiff in 2008 on the 4th album tour. They were one of my fave bands at that point although that 4th album change of direction put me off a bit after.

Setlist on the night was still 75% the previous great stuff though. Not much ‘performance’, but they had the tunes and that was enough.  Haven’t really paid much attention since then as none of singles have grabbed me and reviews of subsequent albums have been pretty middling.

Bring back the beards and long hair and first 3 albums I reckon Ha 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, robinforlife2 said:

Headline acts are always announced last, so the fact the DJ sort of acts have been announced first doesn't surprise me. They are often used for Crowd Builders. 

Craig David still sells out Racecourses, so to have Craig David and Neyo at the bottom of the bill bodes well. It'll be like Party In The Park. 

Got a feeling Busted may be on the bill and Blossoms

It's still a neigh from me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, internetjef said:

I saw them in Cardiff in 2008 on the 4th album tour. They were one of my fave bands at that point although that 4th album change of direction put me off a bit after.

Setlist on the night was still 75% the previous great stuff though. Not much ‘performance’, but they had the tunes and that was enough.  Haven’t really paid much attention since then as none of singles have grabbed me and reviews of subsequent albums have been pretty middling.

Totally agree. I've never seen them live so would be great if they do come to AG. 

Red Morning Light, Mollys Chambers and California Waiting please.

Though I think the following two albums were perhaps even better. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

I saw them in Wrexham last summer. I can take or leave them generally but they were outstanding, one of the best I've been to in a long time.

2 hours ago, internetjef said:

I’m going to go all Brian Hurst I saw them first and state I saw them at Swindon Oasis in July 2005. You want a setlist? This is a setlist!

IMG_2230.jpeg

• Like 2