IGNORED

Bristol Gigs & Festivals

RedM

On 16/01/2024 at 11:05, phantom said:

Looking at the tickets available there's not been any rush for tickets yet either

On 11/01/2024 at 13:00, Silvio Dante said:

I think the sign here will be how early the stadium release their first “x tickets sold already” tweet - normally those come quite quickly if the events are going to be popular and to induce FOMO. If we see a tweet with 5-10k tickets sold by Monday it’s on track - if we don’t then they may have misjudged it.

**Taps the sign**

• Like 1

I see Marv the fraud is getting excited that Queen Square can now hold 15k events.

Not sure I’d class it as a competitor to AG directly, but the summmer concert venue space seems to be getting fairly congested. I wouldn’t be surprised if the council try and market Ashton Court as a concert venue also. 

3 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I see Marv the fraud is getting excited that Queen Square can now hold 15k events.

Not sure I’d class it as a competitor to AG directly, but the summmer concert venue space seems to be getting fairly congested. I wouldn’t be surprised if the council try and market Ashton Court as a concert venue also. 

Ashton Court already has Love Saves The Day over the last weekend in May.

It's amazing how long it takes to set-up. A sizeable portion of the park is unavailable for about 3 weeks, which is pretty shocking really given it's such a popular park for members of the public. For just two days of events...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Ashton Court already has Love Saves The Day over the last weekend in May.

It's amazing how long it takes to set-up. A sizeable portion of the park is unavailable for about 3 weeks, which is pretty shocking really given it's such a popular park for members of the public. For just two days of events...

Ah is it really, I hadn’t clocked that. 3 weeks is outrageous.

3 hours ago, Club and Country said:

Blown my mind you can get that many people in queen square won't lie!

Roughly 1 person per m2 based on my very rough measurements and quick maffs.  

Which doesn’t sound terrible…however I wonder how much m2 bars, stage and toilets take up, let alone what’s already their like statue and trees. 

I'm not sure of that to be fair. In the Lansdown you have only 3 blocks still quite empty, and 3 more over in the Dolman - aside from that it's all VIP tickets and standing which is quite hard to judge just from the ticket map. Unless I'm seeing something a bit different - I think the sheer amount of VIP tickets makes it quite deceptive.

On 29/01/2024 at 12:42, Silvio Dante said:

Just had a bit of a look on the BS3live website. There is a heck of a lot of availability….

Until they announce the remaining acts, they ain't selling many more tickets. What's announced so far is a bit underwhelming. Needs the next tranche of acts to be something a bit different and more relevant. 

44 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Until they announce the remaining acts, they ain't selling many more tickets. What's announced so far is a bit underwhelming. Needs the next tranche of acts to be something a bit different and more relevant. 

I can't really see them deviating from the kinds of acts already announced to be honest. It would seem a strange fit if they started announcing rock/indie or whatever bands on the same bill.Having said that,I saw The Stone Roses in Manchester and they had Public Enemy as support.A very strange choice to me,but the crowd seemed to enjoy them,including me,and they certainly aren't the kind of thing I would usually go for.Anyone know when the next announcement is due?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

That would be worth seeing! 

It was incredible mate.Best gig I have ever been to by an absolute mile.The build up during the day in the Manchester pubs was incredible. It felt like the Stone Roses fans had taken over the entire city.I would love to getba dvd of the gig but have never been able to find one.

32 minutes ago, Slacker said:

It was incredible mate.Best gig I have ever been to by an absolute mile.

Really, the Roses are probably the most disappointing live act I've ever seen (at The Feile in Cork, early 90's).  Funnily enough Massive Attack played that festival as well & were brilliant (I think, I'd had a lot of Guiness by then).

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, TDarwall said:

Really, the Roses are probably the most disappointing live act I've ever seen (at The Feile in Cork, early 90's).  Funnily enough Massive Attack played that festival as well & were brilliant (I think, I'd had a lot of Guiness by then).

They were really good mate,but to be fair I think a lot of it was that the crowd were so massively into it they couldn't really go wrong. 

16 minutes ago, Slacker said:

They were really good mate,but to be fair I think a lot of it was that the crowd were so massively into it they couldn't really go wrong. 

Glad you enjoyed it! Played their debut album to death, absolutely loved them, but the live experience wasn't great.  Weirdly, for a festival, the sound quality was good, the likes of Elastic & Weller were amazing.

2 hours ago, Slacker said:

It was incredible mate.Best gig I have ever been to by an absolute mile.The build up during the day in the Manchester pubs was incredible. It felt like the Stone Roses fans had taken over the entire city.I would love to getba dvd of the gig but have never been able to find one.

Was at the same run of gigs at the Etihad, and you're quite right, the build up was amazing. Felt like before a football match, crammed in belting out a bit of Oasis and the like.

I assume Public Enemy supporting had something to do with Ian Brown being a big fan. Have to say the new 2nd John Squire tune with LG is a belter.

Edited by nebristolred
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Was at the same run of gigs at the Etihad, and you're quite right, the build up was amazing. Felt like before a football match, crammed in belting out a bit of Oasis and the like.

I assume Public Enemy supporting had something to do with Ian Brown being a big fan. Have to say the new 2nd John Squire tune with LG is a belter.

Never knew IB was a fan so that would certainly explain it.I think the stand out for me was Waterfall.Not my favourite SR song but with the crowd behind it it was just phenomenal. Whenever I hear it now it just takes me straight back there.

• Like 2

• Admin
On 29/01/2024 at 12:42, Silvio Dante said:

Just had a bit of a look on the BS3live website. There is a heck of a lot of availability….

See below @Silvio Dante appalling sales

On 29/01/2024 at 13:57, nebristolred said:

I'm not sure of that to be fair. In the Lansdown you have only 3 blocks still quite empty, and 3 more over in the Dolman - aside from that it's all VIP tickets and standing which is quite hard to judge just from the ticket map. Unless I'm seeing something a bit different - I think the sheer amount of VIP tickets makes it quite deceptive.

Not sure how you don't see poor sales @nebristolred

These are the only blocks currently on sale 

Screenshot_20240201_134838_Samsung Internet.jpg

These are the sales in the Dolman Stand

Screenshot_20240201_134745_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20240201_134751_Samsung Internet.jpg

Then the Lansdown Stand 

Screenshot_20240201_134850_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20240201_134854_Samsung Internet.jpg

Then the upper Lansdown Stand 

Odd looking sales here, I wonder if these are being sold by ticket agents 

Screenshot_20240201_135622_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240201_135627_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240201_135632_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240201_135640_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

See below @Silvio Dante appalling sales

Not sure how you don't see poor sales @nebristolred

These are the only blocks currently on sale 

Screenshot_20240201_134838_Samsung Internet.jpg

These are the sales in the Dolman Stand

Screenshot_20240201_134745_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20240201_134751_Samsung Internet.jpg

Then the Lansdown Stand 

Screenshot_20240201_134850_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20240201_134854_Samsung Internet.jpg

Then the upper Lansdown Stand 

Odd looking sales here, I wonder if these are being sold by ticket agents 

Screenshot_20240201_135622_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240201_135627_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240201_135632_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240201_135640_Samsung Internet.jpg

Cheers Phants - exactly what I’m seeing, South Stand either not on sale or outsourced and poor sales in the blocks that are on sale.

Ultimately Bristol Sport have made a bit of a rod for their own backs here. They’ve taken on the concert and thought they could do it better than established promoters. The headliner is a guy who hasn’t done stadiums over here, and Craig Davids thing was last seen doing halftimes at Twickenham. If you also look at the second stage it’s tiny.

Ultimately if it was going well we’d see endless tweets on it. It’s not, so I predict either a load of cut price ticket deals hitting soon, or a full blown cancellation.

Not like Bristol Sport to run a shitshow!

• Like 3

On 01/02/2024 at 14:06, Silvio Dante said:

Cheers Phants - exactly what I’m seeing, South Stand either not on sale or outsourced and poor sales in the blocks that are on sale.

Ultimately Bristol Sport have made a bit of a rod for their own backs here. They’ve taken on the concert and thought they could do it better than established promoters. The headliner is a guy who hasn’t done stadiums over here, and Craig Davids thing was last seen doing halftimes at Twickenham. If you also look at the second stage it’s tiny.

Ultimately if it was going well we’d see endless tweets on it. It’s not, so I predict either a load of cut price ticket deals hitting soon, or a full blown cancellation.

Not like Bristol Sport to run a shitshow!

I'd say there's a very strong chance this will be cancelled. Sales are dire. They saw the pound signs, thinking they could cut out the promoter and do it themselves. They forgot one important thing....the quality of the line up!! Did they genuinely think Ne-Yo and Craig David were going to shift 25-30000 tickets?! Laughable tbh

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Komazawa said:

I'd say there's a very strong chance this will be cancelled. Sales are dire. They saw the pound signs, thinking they could cut out the promoter and do it themselves. They forgot one important thing....the quality of the line up!! Did they genuinely think Ne-Yo and Craig David were going to shift 25-30000 tickets?! Laughable tbh

Not sure they will cancel, but they got the target audience all wrong. Going all out club music / rnb and grime would not attract 25-30K people in Bristol. You may get away with it at a small location in London, If they went down the party in the park format, they would have sold out easy!

It's hard to say really - Ne-yo has a pretty much sold out UK arena tour, there is a logic to it. Problem is, arenas like the one in Leeds are what, 15k? This is a 30k day festival - with another relatively big name it might do well, but I'd be presuming that they were waiting to see how well ticket sales went before finalising the next round of names.

• Like 1