IGNORED

Bristol Gigs & Festivals

RedM

Not my thing Glasto anyway, but always like to see who's playing. There are very few I'd bother watching TBH.
The best thing is that maybe Michael Kiwanuka might be playing a local warm up gig.

There’s actually loads on I want to see but but the pyramid does look a bit sparse for my tastes 

LCD , Janelle Monae and probably Little Simz I will watch. Maybe Kiwanuka , maybe Paul Heaton 

hopefully there might be a large scale TBA to sprinkle a bit of magic on one of the days (bit like Foos last year)

6 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Peggy Gou should be great. Other highlights for me are Idles, Fontaines, The National, Black Pumas, Nia Archives, Justice, Kneecap, Alvays, Bonobo, Honey Dijon. There's enough there for sure - a few expected to be added too like James, Happy Mondays and Busted :laugh:.

James are a phenomenal live act. Will be really happy if they are confirmed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, internetjef said:

There’s actually loads on I want to see but but the pyramid does look a bit sparse for my tastes 

LCD , Janelle Monae and probably Little Simz I will watch. Maybe Kiwanuka , maybe Paul Heaton 

hopefully there might be a large scale TBA to sprinkle a bit of magic on one of the days (bit like Foos last year)

Without sounding like one of those people, the Pyramid is one of my least favourite stages to actually watch things. I’m actually quite happy there’s plenty of reasons to be elsewhere…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

Without sounding like one of those people, the Pyramid is one of my least favourite stages to actually watch things. I’m actually quite happy there’s plenty of reasons to be elsewhere…

This. By all means you have to experience it, but bringing a first timer along and taking them to all of the other stages is the best part. Pyramid is a nightmare getting to and from.

14 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

This. By all means you have to experience it, but bringing a first timer along and taking them to all of the other stages is the best part. Pyramid is a nightmare getting to and from.

Yeah you’re not wrong! Toilet is always fun aswell if you’re right amongst it.

9 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Elite is going some isn’t it?

Not at all. Janelle Monae and Little Simz are two of the best live acts I've ever seen. 

PJ Harvey is literally one of the best female artists the UK has ever produced. 

SZA is great, and a huge act in the States.

LCD Soundsystem imo one of the greats bands of the 21st century so far.

And Kiwanuka also looks superb live.

Absolutely all elite imo

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Not at all. Janelle Monae and Little Simz are two of the best live acts I've ever seen. 

PJ Harvey is literally one of the best female artists the UK has ever produced. 

SZA is great, and a huge act in the States.

LCD Soundsystem imo one of the greats bands of the 21st century so far.

And Kiwanuka also looks superb live.

Absolutely all elite imo

Fair enough. I personally wouldn’t call that list ‘elite’ is all. But you like what you like!

I don’t see many of those playing to the crowd either. @And Its Smith Dua Lipa isn’t for me, but I agree, I think she’ll be the best there.

SZA headlining pyramid stage is def the biggest stretch I have ever seen at glasto before.

Not really a RNB vibe at glasto generally, pretty ploddy, no bangers. Can only see it being a binfire to the smallest pyramid crowd on record  

appreciate she has lots of ‘global streams’ , but it’s going to be a poor gate at the gas I reckon 

Edited by internetjef

I saw Dizzee Rascal a couple of times, last time at Glastonbury where the stage (West Holts) was much too small for him, it was rammed and caused chaos with it being late and people trying to get by on the way to Shangri-la etc.

I think he's lost a bit of credibility since then though, I fully expect Joey B to have a ticket!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Fair enough. I personally wouldn’t call that list ‘elite’ is all. But you like what you like!

I don’t see many of those playing to the crowd either. @And Its Smith Dua Lipa isn’t for me, but I agree, I think she’ll be the best there.

It does come down to what you like and I've got a pretty eclectic music taste. 

You strike me as someone who probably likes male rock/indie bands and so are unlikely to find an eclectic line-up of much interest.