IGNORED

Bristol Gigs & Festivals

RedM

Forwards stages are quite some distance apart , plus the lie of the land avoids major sound bleed. Acts there can overlap a bit with no bother at all. You still have to dash from stage to stage to see all the acts.

the primavera setup, and likely that of this Ashton gate thing , means you just have to turn your body about 45 degrees towards the other stage. No proper movement required. Thats my kind of lazy ha (extra points if they have roaming beer distributors using those big backpacks). 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Interesting, I hadn't thought of that... I wonder if they will go with one at either end like Forwards, or two next to each other so there is basically no gaps between sets.

I gather the lineup is going to be a bit more erm... Love Saves than some of the suggestions here.

18 hours ago, BasSavage88 said:

The Facebook page is following Burna boy so guess he's one of the artists

Well, saves me the scramble for tickets. 
While I'd like something more like the Reytons, the Ks , the Lilacs and more established like Ian McNabb and Paul Weller , sadly it's not about me. The only one I've really wanted to see was the Arctics and couldn't get tickets. 
Still as long as it's successful I guess it's good for the Club.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

While I'd like something more like the Reytons, the Ks , the Lilacs and more established like Ian McNabb and Paul Weller , sadly it's not about me. The only one I've really wanted to see was the Arctics and couldn't get tickets. 

That sort of thing would be right up my street too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/ashton-gates-bs3-live-festival-9014369

My fear is that 'self curated' will see them attempted to provide something for everyone and ensure in the process people thinking... Well, I only know one of bands, but not enough to pay 'x' amount to see them when the other bands are shite.

Either that or JL's Spotify Wrapped!

But fair play to them for trying to put more events like these on. They're a good idea.

Edited by nebristolred

6 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

But fair play to them for trying to put more events like these on. They're a good idea.

They are. Although I do worry that with this being their own promotion rather than something by the likes of Live Nation, the risk of them getting it wrong is sky-high.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Dredd said:

Wouldn't be surprised if there was the 'second' smaller stager in the Lansdown concourse or even in the car park

That was exactly my thoughts, main stage on the pitch (or even Dolman concourse) but the second stage will be in there

I guess it depends on how big the acts are, if they use the pitch it will look a bit shit if it isn't full

• Admin
31 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

True, but will be judged on sales

Can always remember years ago Clevedon Town did something similar, Steve Harley was the headline.

If there were 200 people there that was being generous

I saw Future Islands in the Lansdown concourse one summer after it was moved last minute from another venue.

It worked OK, though the stage was a little low so you could only see the heads of the band members, and also with no air con it was absolutely baking. So can't see that being an option for a mid-summer gig. 

12 minutes ago, chowie said:

Bristols own IDLES have a home gig gap in this years wold tour, so I'm hoping this is it.

Would like it to be more local connected bands, but doubt it will.

That's exactly what I'm expecting it to be.

• Admin
25 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I saw Future Islands in the Lansdown concourse one summer after it was moved last minute from another venue.

It worked OK, though the stage was a little low so you could only see the heads of the band members, and also with no air con it was absolutely baking. So can't see that being an option for a mid-summer gig. 

I can't see any other way to get two stages in the place

Not going to fit two on the pitch, the line up will be interesting

36 minutes ago, phantom said:

I can't see any other way to get two stages in the place

Not going to fit two on the pitch, the line up will be interesting

If it's an 'all dayer', then none of the acts are likely to be things that require a big stage-show, so either side by side, or opposite ends of the pitch will likely suffice.

Either way, it'll be interesting.

Screenshot_20240105_114446_Google.thumb.jpg.b81ce00bfb2f25bb57b4a8547652a162.jpgNever ones to be left behind, "Everyone's favourites" have announced plans to stage a rival extravaganza at the Memorial Stadium.

Getting the jump on their cross town "rivals" they have even announced the first act,one that is sure to be close to both of their loyal supporters hearts.

19 hours ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

It's Taylor Swift I heard 

Wonderful! Although it's brave of her to come to little Ashton Gate and not play at Wembley as planned that night 😂

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

It's not good for the club really.  It's good for the owner.   He takes profit out. That's why the parent company is based in Guernsey. 

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I saw The The then.  Enjoyed it but was weird.

6 minutes ago, The Bard said:

It's not good for the club really.  It's good for the owner.   He takes profit out. That's why the parent company is based in Guernsey. 

Does that mean that on the orders of the parent company, all bands will have to play a cover of the Bergerac theme?

I hope so. 

• Haha 1

Idles, lcd soundsystem , young fathers all playing a festival in Dublin 3 days later, would take all them please ha . 

I think this will likely be a bit more mainstream though with more of a radio 1 and 2 vibe combined to try and appeal to as many as possible. 

things like forwards festival cater more to the alternative / 6 music scene already.

Guess it will maybe be dependant on who is available and affordable though 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Idles, lcd soundsystem , young fathers all playing a festival in Dublin 3 days later, would take all them please ha . 

I think this will likely be a bit more mainstream though with more of a radio 1 and 2 vibe combined to try and appeal to as many as possible. 

things like forwards festival cater more to the alternative / 6 music scene already.

Guess it will maybe be dependant on who is available and affordable though 

Badly want to see LCD Soundsystem. Amazing band.

• Like 3

I’m going to take a day off and watch them at APE in London in August (with pixies/jockstrap + others), but only if they don’t pop up at forwards just a week later on the downs (or at glasto) . Hoping forwards don’t drag their headliner announcement out too long. Idles must also be a good shout for a headliner there 

• Like 1