IGNORED

Bristol Gigs & Festivals

RedM

On 22/09/2023 at 16:27, petelekg said:

No mention of priority booking for hospitality for season ticket holder in email from Aston Gate we had this offer for the Elton John  concert

looks like you have to buy there album to qualify for a pre sales code 

Why buy the album. Will anyone turn up TO WATCH THEM. 

• Flames 1

On 22/09/2023 at 09:27, petelekg said:

No mention of priority booking for hospitality for season ticket holder in email from Aston Gate we had this offer for the Elton John  concert

looks like you have to buy there album to qualify for a pre sales code 

Don't need to buy the album, just register on the link. No purchase necessary.

I seem to recall that season ticket holders were able to get earlier access to concert tickets at Ashton Gate (certainly when Muse played a couple years ago)

Is this still a thing for upcoming concerts? From memory I booked through the Ashton Gate Website 

Edited by bissellredhead

1 hour ago, Super said:

What site did you go on to get them?

Gigs and tours

1 hour ago, phantom said:

You had to register for the new album yesterday to get a special link to use 

You only needed to register your email address no need to buy anything. Thank fully.

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

takethatpisstake.com

Werehavingalaughatyourexpense.com

• Haha 1

On 23/09/2023 at 23:30, Ashton Yate said:

Could we see a comedy gig maybe? Someone like Peter Kay could fill it I reckon. Sold out arenas by the bucket load in his latest tour. Couldn't get tickets for love nor money! 

I went to see Peter Kay at the Liverpool bank arena , got tickets in 2 mins why everybody was queuing up for 4-5 hours on ticketmaster I just went straight onto the arenas own website - 2 tickets purchased by 10.05 on the Saturday morning they were released .

As for the arena great place , well located on the king dock with plenty of bars restaurants and hotels -10 mins walk to the city centre with all the amenities that come with a city centre - there’s us with a promise of a arena in Filton yes Filton ffs , 

as for Peter Kay I hate to say it as I really loved the bloke but he is deffo not the same as he was 10 years ago , it’s odd but he has lost a fair bit of weight and he just don’t look the same , for me that detracted from his performance 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

From what I could see, standing tickets were £85, then tickets in the price I got, then slightly more expensive at £125. I really did begrudge paying £9.50 PER TICKET!!! booking fee, when it’s an e-ticket you get sent! 

They looked to be £60, £80, £100, £120, and ridiculous £250 VIP seats (plus booking fees). Booking fees were 10% per ticket I think, which is ridiculous as means the higher price ticket you get, the more fee you pay! But it's the same ticket, so why charge more! As if the tickets aren't expensive enough already! Booking fees for shows are an absolute piss take! Especially when they are virtual using their app, as this one is. Just taking us for a ride really. Shouldn't be allowed.

Unfortunately, streaming has caused these high ticket prices, as artists no longer make any money from record sales, so they have to ramp up ticket proces as that's the money maker now. Shame.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ashton Yate said:

2nd date added for Take That. Sunday 9th June. 1st date sold out fast. Not much left on 2nd date either. Chances are that most have gone to touts though and will be on resale sites for 5x the price within the hour! 😡

Use Twickets which is the legit platform for resale of tickets. You can't list tickets for above face value. I expect there will be a few on there closer to the time 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, !james said:

Use Twickets which is the legit platform for resale of tickets. You can't list tickets for above face value. I expect there will be a few on there closer to the time 

I'm not on the lookout for tickets myself, was just saying. Have looked on viagogo etc out of curiosity and there are loads for sale at hugely inflated prices! 

On 27/09/2023 at 09:56, Clevedon Red said:

Got tickets for the wife….honestly…and her sister. Dolman Stand £130 each….what an absolute piss take of a price.

Hahhahaha i know - my wife, mum and sister are going with a few mates, they asked me to get them 6 tickets!!!  Was bloody shocked when i got to the checkout 😂😂

• Sad 1