IGNORED

Bristol Gigs & Festivals

RedM

57 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Badly want to see LCD Soundsystem. Amazing band.

Have you listened to sprints? Great up and coming band,sold out rough trade next week and thekla in April.

Love to see LCD soundsystem too!

49 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

I actually forgot @internetjef recommended Deadletter not long ago as well, great recommendation. Stone are another good one, supported DMA's here the other day, very decent.

I wasn't sure about Stone, but the lead singer is very charismatic. Whilst I enjoyed DMA's, I actually preferred the acoustic gig they did at The Globe in Cardiff, earlier in the year. However, as I'm an old git, they may because I was able to sit down then!

• Like 1

I would imagine it will be a bit like Party In The Park, in that there will be a couple of local artists, a few 70s/80s performers, a couple of young up and coming artists and then a couple of well known headliners.

Blossoms are doing a number of festivals next year, including Isle Of Wight, wouldn't be surprised if they are on the bill. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nebristolred said:

I think Reading do this now don’t they? Forwards here in Bristol too, plenty in Australia and Europe too for sure.

Reading is opposite ends called East and West stage. You watch a band and then turn and face the next band almost straight after. Thet have a big gap between the ends though. 
Can’t see it being big artist though as the crowds won’t be as big as normally due to both ends blocked off. 

3 hours ago, forbespm said:

Have you listened to sprints? Great up and coming band,sold out rough trade next week and thekla in April.

Love to see LCD soundsystem too!

Yeah they are great. Think I mentioned them on here a month or two back. Debut album is out today. I’ve got a ticket for that thekla gig, gonna be great live I reckon. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Either that or JL's Spotify Wrapped!

But fair play to them for trying to put more events like these on. They're a good idea.

Or is it because they failed to attract another big act? 

Didn't we try something like this 20 odd years ago? I'm sure I remember there being an all day thing with various acts. 

9 hours ago, The Bard said:

It's not good for the club really.  It's good for the owner.   He takes profit out. That's why the parent company is based in Guernsey. 

Does he? I think that's a lie. 

The Ashton Gate accounts are included in our FFP calculations so if this is a huge success and makes lots of £s then thats good for the club! 

On 03/01/2024 at 16:06, 2015 said:

Slipknot at AG. Probably too loud for the locals, they'd all complain at the noise..

I think they're great though. The fact they are sneered at by the average jo makes me like their music even more. Corey Taylor is an extremely talented front man imo.

Corey Taylor's album last year was probably my favourite album of 2023. Excellent mix of punk, metal and Power Pop.

Edited by fgrsimon

On 03/01/2024 at 12:00, Roger Red Hat said:

The Boss.

Apparently an Ashton Gate 2024 Springsteen gig was on the cards at one point but it fell through for unknown reasons. I was told by a good source at a well known Springsteen-connected record shop in Cheltenham.

2 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

Apparently an Ashton Gate 2024 Springsteen gig was on the cards at one point but it fell through for unknown reasons. I was told by a good source at a well known Springsteen-connected record shop in Cheltenham.

He’s playing Wembley and the Principality. Assume Ashton Gate isn’t big enough.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, internetjef said:

Yeah they are great. Think I mentioned them on here a month or two back. Debut album is out today. I’ve got a ticket for that thekla gig, gonna be great live I reckon. 

I couldn't get a ticket,sold out really quickly.on waiting list.they are superb, album is really good.enjoy the thekla

• Admin
On 05/01/2024 at 12:36, Henry said:

It’s two stages on the pitch.

IMG_3627.png

I guess the only shame is if you have a decent view for one stage, when it flips to the other you lose this

I don't know why but I thought I saw that the first acts would be announced from yesterday

I wonder if they have held it back deliberately to allow for city to deal with the sale of West Ham tickets. Appreciate they have set up its own accounts but I imagine they will be looking to use lots of the Bristol sport social channels to advertise/sell this show 

• Admin
46 minutes ago, internetjef said:

I wonder if they have held it back deliberately to allow for city to deal with the sale of West Ham tickets. Appreciate they have set up its own accounts but I imagine they will be looking to use lots of the Bristol sport social channels to advertise/sell this show 

True, but normally they sort social media announcements in advance and set them up for a timed release 

We weren't about to put tickets on sale just the announcement of acts 

9 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

From what I've heard, most likely a disappointment for us! Especially considering some of the names mentioned so far. I’m assuming we're not quite the target market... I do hope I'm wrong though.

Yea reckon it'll be a disappointment too. Gunna be commercial pop and r&b acts I reckon, most of which I've probably never heard of! 😂 Gunna be aiming at the younger target market I reckon! We shall see though.