IGNORED

Can we all just stop....

Superjack

2 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I'm ok with him appointing experienced & competent CEO, DoF and Manager and leaving them to it in the absence of immediate buyers.

So would I be. 

But as he has just let all that be sacked off, just how likely do you think it is? 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Robin 1

• Admin
36 minutes ago, Superjack said:

So would I be. 

But as he has just let all that be sacked off, just how likely do you think it is? 

My Hail Mary is that SL’s increased visibility at the last two games is borne out of fear that Jon, Brian & Liam are seriously risking any potential sale price and having shown he doesn’t want to be hands on anymore, he employs competent professionals to protect his asset’s value. 

• Like 18

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Ian M said:

My Hail Mary is that SL’s increased visibility at the last two games is borne out of fear that Jon, Brian & Liam are seriously risking any potential sale price and having shown he doesn’t want to be hands on anymore, he employs competent professionals to protect his asset’s value. 

He has never employed professionals for very long, because they will question him. 

As the first half of your post, I hope that too. 

But it really is like putting a light bulb in to dicourage a moth.

Edited by Superjack
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Superjack said:

Alright @petelekg.

Just a 'facepalm'.

Have an argument, or **** off.

Unless of course, you have to run your response past your overlords. 

🤦

Edit: I'll wait...

Probably one of the “be careful what you wish for” mob.

Absolutely scared of change & believing that building a decent stadium then employing morons & sycophants is actually progress.

Lansdowns out.

• Like 14

5 hours ago, Ian M said:

I know it’s probably the natural thing to do , but why would he feel the need to protect “his” assets? The guy’s got more money than he could ever enjoy. 
        As we’ve witnessed over the last few years his empire is definitely not in safe hands when he passes so why not break up Bristol Sport and gift the “Football “ground back to Bristol City, make the club a viable proposition for a new owner/ investors.

All very simplistic I know but no City fan is going to remember the Lansdown’s for any good they’ve achieved under their ownership if this carries on.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Superjack said:

...with the "Steve Lansdown needs to come back and sort this out"?

He's THE BIGGEST ****ING PROBLEM OF ALL!!!

And also, if you haven't noticed, he washed his hands of it some while ago. 

SELL. UP. AND. ****. OFF.

Exactly. Just like a leopard who never changes his spots, he will never stray away from nepotistic appointments that promote an arse-licking culture. There’s no chance in hell he would admit he got it wrong, not after more than 20 years of mistakes. 

• Like 5

• Admin
7 hours ago, Ian M said:

On the basis he's consistently failed to get the right people in place decades now, I hold no hope of getting it right now 

2 hours ago, Peter1450 said:

I know it’s probably the natural thing to do , but why would he feel the need to protect “his” assets? The guy’s got more money than he could ever enjoy. 
        As we’ve witnessed over the last few years his empire is definitely not in safe hands when he passes so why not break up Bristol Sport and gift the “Football “ground back to Bristol City, make the club a viable proposition for a new owner/ investors.

All very simplistic I know but no City fan is going to remember the Lansdown’s for any good they’ve achieved under their ownership if this carries on.

If he wants to get a return on all the money he's lent and invested over the years it's the only way he'll get his money back 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Reading fans miss John Madjeski but I think we’ve all seen enough now of poor football decisions. Something has to change, the fan relation with club seems broken. 

Trouble is I don't think we will miss Lansdown I think we as fans don't have that connection it's been broken I feel since the set up of Bristol sport.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Problem is selling is not likely to be quick or easy. 
So in the short term we may be stuck with Steve. I also think it’s unfair to say Steve never appoints good people. The problem is good people do get appointed (Cotts, Alexander, Gould, Pearson) but they don’t survive because when the going gets tough the board prioritise their own egos over the needs of the club. 
If Steve left Jon on the board but appointed a good chairman, and made it clear that professionalism, experience and delivery were to be respected at all levels things would be fine. But as long as the top priority is not to upset Jon the whole thing is going nowhere. 
What amazes me is the Steve would never have run his own business like this. He made his money respecting those who know what they are doing, why can he not ensure the football club is run the same way?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

3 hours ago, Peter1450 said:

My sentiments too.  Just give it away at a stupid low price.  He’s had 20 years of “fun”, it obviously isn’t fun to him anymore.

Why won’t he do that?

Because one of his major reasons for “investing” (clue there!!!) is to make money.  Yeah, yeah, I do think there is a bit of “doing good for Bristol”, but if it was all about that he’d have moved on by now.

Yeah, I sound ungrateful.

But imagine placing the club in a position where you’ve got them over a barrel!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1

9 hours ago, Ian M said:

I'm ok with him appointing experienced & competent CEO, DoF and Manager and leaving them to it in the absence of immediate buyers.

Isn't that what we had in place at the start of the season? We'll Tinnion aside. 

Golden boy then decided he wanted to be more hands on with us again and then decided to rip all that up. 

• Like 6

I understand your sentiment but broadly speaking we continually change direction just like a listing ship. We go from an experienced manager and coaching team to a Number two then a head coach arrangement then back to an experienced manager and coaching team then a Number two only to go back to a head coach arrangement again and that's after yet another experienced manager. Its as if our owner and board of directors don't know what they're doing.

You can only rinse and repeat so many times before finally realising you keep making the same mistakes and people lose interest. 

A major overhaul is needed.

Something has to change.

• Like 8

Yes this is my take on it personally I think Steve should get involved now and pull jon away from any running of the club or decision making and just leave him to chair board meetings so he can report back to Steve with outcomes of those meetings. Demote tinion back to the academy role ( which he is good at to he fair to him if he doesn't want that then he leaves the club, review liam mannings time here and give him a clear remit of top 10 etc next season or let the new CEO and DOF decide whats best regarding mannin  bring in an experienced CEO and an experienced DOF as mentioned who can both head up the day to day running of the club and implement a known proven football structure throughout the club. Also employ a proper HR consultant and fans liason officer to help communication and let the new CEO sort that awful medical department out Then Steve can sit back in his house in Guernsey and not have to worry to much again but being mindful that he has to invest in the playing squad but first he needs to invest in the right people and structure for the good of the club. Just letting John and tinion steer this football club  massively back fired in so many ways it truly is all over the place and the definition of rudderless 

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Swede said:

I understand your sentiment but broadly speaking we continually change direction just like a listing ship. We go from an experienced manager and coaching team to a Number two then a head coach arrangement then back to an experienced manager and coaching team then a Number two only to go back to a head coach arrangement again and that's after yet another experienced manager. Its as if our owner and board of directors don't know what they're doing.

You can only rinse and repeat so many times before finally realising you keep making the same mistakes and people lose interest. 

A major overhaul is needed.

Something has to change.

If I was sl I’d be on the phone to tony bloom of Brighton’ just pick his brains of how he’s turned them into a proper club’ but Steve’s ego wouldn’t allow it ‘ for me it’s pretty simple’ you employ people who know football not your son and family friends.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Isn't that what we had in place at the start of the season? We'll Tinnion aside. 

Golden boy then decided he wanted to be more hands on with us again and then decided to rip all that up. 

Exactly. Things were going just fine until Pearson went. The ship had been stabilised, the funds had been raised and we could start to think promotion was possible. Then presumably Pearson told Jon to stick to what he knows and leave the football to those who understand it and he had to go for the impertinence. The problem is that I cannot see many experienced managers wanting to come here. The word will be out, no ambition, just don’t upset the owners. Who needs that on their CV? 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Street red said:

Trouble is I don't think we will miss Lansdown I think we as fans don't have that connection it's been broken I feel since the set up of Bristol sport.

I’m not sure Bristol Sport is that big a deal to me. After all they brought the Rugby to AG and I don’t have a problem with that. 

However the nuttiness that surrounded the firing of Steve Cotterill was when I first thought there is something seriously wrong. UnLike Ipswich this season who really kicked on, we didn’t. The acrimony between Cotterill and Lansdown was pretty obvious at the time and has been commented on many times!

The odd employment of LJ and the my money my choice statement further fueled the increasing sense of division. The appointment of Holden, and the constant ramblings of Swiss Tony deepened the divide until the board of directors/ ownership had dug us a deep hole. 

Enter one of the few men Steve Lansdown has employed that knew what he was doing to try and dig us out. Who he would inevitably fire!

Just when we were showing huge progress and the supporters were behind it we find ourselves without a competent CEO and the promotion of certain individuals to make shit decisions again! Culminating in this bullshit. 

It’s little wonder the natives are restless! We are now without competent leaders at every level of the club!

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 11

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

My sentiments too.  Just give it away at a stupid low price.  He’s had 20 years of “fun”, it obviously isn’t fun to him anymore.

Why won’t he do that?

Because one of his major reasons for “investing” (clue there!!!) is to make money.  Yeah, yeah, I do think there is a bit of “doing good for Bristol”, but if it was all about that he’d have moved on by now.

Yeah, I sound ungrateful.

But imagine placing the club in a position where you’ve got them over a barrel!

Precisely right, Dave. Amazing to think some people genuinely believe SL is a City fan who stood on the terraces in his youth when nothing could be further from the truth than that. Sorry, but no genuine fan would put their club in that position. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Bris Red said:

What i find staggering and completely and utterly baffling is that he literally did all that only to suddenly do a complete u-turn.

It finally seemed as if the Lansdowns after years and years of showing how incompetent they are at running a football club had finally realised that people like Gould/Alexander and Pearson are the calibre of people you need at your football club ir what you want to be successful. 

We now have a manager learning on the job and ******* Brian Tinnion above him. It's a ******* disgrace.

It’s arrogance.

Get club into shit, bring in people to bail you out, dispense with said people once sorted.  I think it’s SL that’s ungrateful not us fans!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I just can’t understand what he’s investing for? 
     He’s not getting any younger and I wouldn’t want my decades of work left to “ nice but dim “ to squander on private jets to Bermuda or wherever they hide when the going gets tough.

Yep!

Got a rebuild new stadium, top notch training ground, start hosting concerts, rugby team doing well and Nige getting the football structure on a solid platform after losing a lot of financial discipline….and then JL and BT let their arrogant and complacent thinking play out as if they knew better on a footballing and fan base perspective and look how quickly it’s all unravelled

All this tosh by BT when Manning was appointed “this is the new style we want all our coaches to play” is just pure arrogance 

You can achieve this fast time but it requires heavy initial investment to buy in the new players you think you need whilst trying to offload those you don’t think can so running a large wage bill

LM isn’t the right person but regardless to try and achieve a rebrand and batch it as if the players are already good enough and just need better coaching which is how for me it pretty much came across is naive and incompetent 

Throw in the inept media and communication strategies which if done right ‘may’ have a fighting chance of keeping fans onboard and it’s no wonder the situation we’re in footballing and fan base 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Glen hump said:

If I was sl I’d be on the phone to tony bloom of Brighton’ just pick his brains of how he’s turned them into a proper club’ but Steve’s ego wouldn’t allow it ‘ for me it’s pretty simple’ you employ people who know football not your son and family friends.

Er . . . You would've thought so wouldn't you. Look no further than Pearson, Alexander, Rennie, Fleming & Euell we had it in place. SL even appointed Pearson, so what's gone wrong that we end up with C3PO as someone aptly named him and some bloke with a laptop.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Swede said:

Er . . . You would've thought so wouldn't you. Look no further than Pearson, Alexander, Rennie, Fleming & Euell we had it in place. SL even appointed Pearson, so what's gone wrong that we end up with C3PO as someone aptly named him and some bloke with a laptop.

Yes SL did employ NP but let's not forget NP was out of work & had been for a while due a period of illness so was probably cheap compared to what we would normally have to pay for someone of his calibre. We also didn't need to pay compo. So he was a pretty obvious/low risk option on a short term contract for a club in a spot of bother. So SL's penny pinching was still in play but it turned out to be a fortunate move & we were lucky to pick him up. NP had a little wobble midway through his first full season, rumoured to be due to health issues, but he got over the hump (after wba on boxing day) & hit upon the right formula.

Only SL could be capable of undoing such good fortune! 🤡

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BCFC31 said:

Yes this is my take on it personally I think Steve should get involved now and pull jon away from any running of the club or decision making and just leave him to chair board meetings so he can report back to Steve with outcomes of those meetings. Demote tinion back to the academy role ( which he is good at to he fair to him if he doesn't want that then he leaves the club, review liam mannings time here and give him a clear remit of top 10 etc next season or let the new CEO and DOF decide whats best regarding mannin  bring in an experienced CEO and an experienced DOF as mentioned who can both head up the day to day running of the club and implement a known proven football structure throughout the club. Also employ a proper HR consultant and fans liason officer to help communication and let the new CEO sort that awful medical department out Then Steve can sit back in his house in Guernsey and not have to worry to much again but being mindful that he has to invest in the playing squad but first he needs to invest in the right people and structure for the good of the club. Just letting John and tinion steer this football club  massively back fired in so many ways it truly is all over the place and the definition of rudderless 

1 minute ago, JAWS said:
3 hours ago, BCFC31 said:

Expand  

I think we are kidding ourselves if we think SL has left sonny & BT to the decision making. The bloke is a control freak. An arrogant egotistical one. That might've worked in an industry he was knowledgeable about but he is clueless in the football World. His obscene wealth has papered over the cracks for the last 22 years but everyone is now alive to the true SL & he is down to his last roll of wall paper! 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1