IGNORED

Can we all just stop....

Superjack

17 hours ago, Superjack said:

...with the "Steve Lansdown needs to come back and sort this out"?

He's THE BIGGEST ****ING PROBLEM OF ALL!!!

And also, if you haven't noticed, he washed his hands of it some while ago. 

SELL. UP. AND. ****. OFF.

100 PERCENT THIS.

HE IS THE REOCCOURING PROBLEM, PLEASE LEAVE ASAP YOURE DESTROYING OUR FOOTBALL CLUB!

• Like 1

Thing is we sort of were on the right track. The appointment of Pearson took me by surprise as it finally felt like they wanted to go for it with a ceo alongside, it seemed like there was just an acceptance in the fan base that Nige had taken on a real pile of muck & was working his way through it as we could see progression, with someone that just spoke common sense, building a great team spirit & getting rid of the time wasters. It may have taken 3 Years, 5 Years etc but Manning isn’t Ranieri & all of the hard work has been undone.

I just don’t get why SL doesn’t think, “I’m not getting any younger, you can’t take this (money) with you” & just go for it or let someone have a go that can rather than keep making mistakes over and over. Create a legacy, stop taking the cheap options that stroke the ego, get some decent folks in & let them cook.

• Like 3
  • Flames 4

18 hours ago, Superjack said:

...with the "Steve Lansdown needs to come back and sort this out"?

He's THE BIGGEST ****ING PROBLEM OF ALL!!!

And also, if you haven't noticed, he washed his hands of it some while ago. 

SELL. UP. AND. ****. OFF.

100% this, SL has used our club as an extension of his ego for years, crap decisions, wanting people who’re best for him and not the club. Massively over estimating his own knowledge of football and treating the clubs loyal fans as peasants who to him are contemptible.

I’ve been worried about the club being bought by foreign investors who’d ruin it, but now I realise that SL and his “circle of trust” are doing a damn good job of that. People will point to his investment, but it’s his atrocious decisions that have led to him having to invest millions. 

Edited by BS15_RED
  • Like 10
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

100% this, SL has used our club as an extension of his ego for years, crap decisions, wanting people who’re best for him and not the club. Massively over estimating his own knowledge of football and treating the clubs loyal fans as peasants who to him are contemptible.

I’ve been worried about the club being bought by foreign investors who’d ruin it, but now I realise that SL and his “circle of trust” are doing a damn good job of that. People will point to his investment, but it’s his atrocious decisions that have led to him having to invest millions. 

Quality post. 👏👏

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

Great post 👍

Can also add, some of SL’s ‘investments’ are actually loans.  

If he actually wants those loans repaid, this could well be what’s frightening off potential new owners, if it’s inflating the asking price to the point where we don’t make financial sense to invest.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I’m not sure Bristol Sport is that big a deal to me. After all they brought the Rugby to AG and I don’t have a problem with that. 

However the nuttiness that surrounded the firing of Steve Cotterill was when I first thought there is something seriously wrong. UnLike Ipswich this season who really kicked on, we didn’t. The acrimony between Cotterill and Lansdown was pretty obvious at the time and has been commented on many times!

The odd employment of LJ and the my money my choice statement further fueled the increasing sense of division. The appointment of Holden, and the constant ramblings of Swiss Tony deepened the divide until the board of directors/ ownership had dug us a deep hole. 

Enter one of the few men Steve Lansdown has employed that knew what he was doing to try and dig us out. Who he would inevitably fire!

Just when we were showing huge progress and the supporters were behind it we find ourselves without a competent CEO and the promotion of certain individuals to make shit decisions again! Culminating in this bullshit. 

It’s little wonder the natives are restless! We are now without competent leaders at every level of the club!

Cotts had a few other 'personality ' issues from what I heard from people at the club at the time. 

Hope v no hope, imo we are being sold the former hope, by the bucket load; ......

hope for the next game, rest of the season, transfer window, players that havent hardly kicked a ball yet or arent even here, hope for one of the most inexperienced managers we have had for a while will grow a pair, hope that Jon will spend some of the many millions from transfers, hope that Jon will get some drive/ambition and passion for the club he is chairman of, hope that we will sign players for now not for the future.

Reality and no hope is; we are going no-where and around in circles at best, SL will continue with his developments lacking any interest in this club actually progressing, Manning will be here for a long while yet mumbling away with his side kick Tinnion, no hope of SL selling off his dream anytime soon, no hope of us challenging the top six in this div let alone us playing in the prem, no hope of anything we do will have any influence on The Lansdowns.

What can we do then? need headlines from the media, i.e; Season tickets sales massively down, mass protests, tennis balls/banners, even these will barely make them turn their heads but they will notice and almost certainly ignore.

So I`m in the no hope side, done my bit by never attending again while they are here, those on the hope side I wish you all the things you hope for.

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

I agree SL is a big problem and ideally would sell some or all of the club.

I also think him getting pissed off is the greatest chance of change at the senior levels in the shorter term (Tinnion and Manning). We're looking poor enough that I'm slightly concerned about next season, so I want that to happen - ideally before the summer.

I don't think those things are mutually exclusive. Hoping Steve steps in to avoid complete disaster isn't saying he's not part of the problem.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Glen hump said:

If I was sl I’d be on the phone to tony bloom of Brighton’ just pick his brains of how he’s turned them into a proper club’ but Steve’s ego wouldn’t allow it ‘ for me it’s pretty simple’ you employ people who know football not your son and family friends.

I'm not so sure, I remember back when we were planning the 'new AG', SL went and met with Brighton, there was a bit on the telly about them meeting and discussing how to do it. I'm not defending SL, but he has built a very successful company, and you don't do that by employing nodding dogs.

13 hours ago, Nugget said:

I just don’t get why SL doesn’t think, “I’m not getting any younger, you can’t take this (money) with you” & just go for it or let someone have a go that can rather than keep making mistakes over and over. Create a legacy, stop taking the cheap options that stroke the ego, get some decent folks in & let them cook.

I understand that sentiment, but as I commented on another thread recently, SL is at heart a money man, not a football man. It would be like asking him to change his DNA. When he reaches the end of his days, the criterion by which he judges his own success will be how much he’s worth, not where BCFC stand in the league pyramid. His early professional training was in accountancy and he’s still a bean counter when it comes right down to it. Bankers exhibit the same mentality. It’s how they keep score and demonstrate who’s got the biggest dick, and explains why they continue to accumulate wealth when they’ve already got far more than they can possibly use. It will go against every bone in his body to accept a huge financial loss. I find it contemptible and it’s certainly dysfunctional, but it’s the way some people are, and I’m afraid SL is one of them.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

50 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

I'm not so sure, I remember back when we were planning the 'new AG', SL went and met with Brighton, there was a bit on the telly about them meeting and discussing how to do it. I'm not defending SL, but he has built a very successful company, and you don't do that by employing nodding dogs.

Not football wise he hasn’t 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Davefevs said:

My sentiments too.  Just give it away at a stupid low price.  He’s had 20 years of “fun”, it obviously isn’t fun to him anymore.

Why won’t he do that?

Because one of his major reasons for “investing” (clue there!!!) is to make money.  Yeah, yeah, I do think there is a bit of “doing good for Bristol”, but if it was all about that he’d have moved on by now.

Yeah, I sound ungrateful.

But imagine placing the club in a position where you’ve got them over a barrel!

I don’t think anyone buys a club expecting to make money.

It’s an ego thing imo. Shame because if he had done it properly and with the right people he could’ve built something special. 

I think if someone else makes it work for us then it reflects bad on him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, harvey54 said:

Cotts had a few other 'personality ' issues from what I heard from people at the club at the time. 

I think it’s a matter of who you listen to! There was plenty of stuff being said by those that knew him before and after his he sacking. But yes I very much believe there was a clash of personalities! 

It is said SL was in fact a gashead fan "around 63/64" and only came here after they moved to Twerton, went with "a friend and his dad" according to that report in Bristol live, way back, and could easily have been bankrolling them rather than us. 🤔