IGNORED

Tinnion or Manning?

Tinnion or Manning  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The consensus seems to be that we’d like rid of Jon, Brian and Liam. However, realistically the first isn’t going anywhere.

The appropriate move would be to dispense of both Liam and Brian, but I think we can already see manoeuvrings from both (Liams use of “Brian” continually in interviews, Tinnions SOTC car crash) and they can probably both see that there is likely to be a fall guy soon.

And if one goes without the other, then there has to be an assumption that whoever remains does so for at least a six month period in current role.

So, do you want to be hung or shot?

I think a lot of fans are leaving  because of the rubbish that we are watching.  I only go away 4or5 times a season and yesterday was a big marker on how the fan base are feeling  

Then manning speaks.     It will be a hard watch  the rest of the season  then I will see where we are. 

Logic says Tinnion.

6 more months roughly takes Manning to the first international break in September, approx 10 games into the season.

Sack Tinnion now.

Means we might have someone better overseeing the transfer window. I'm pretty sure Tinnion has greater influence there than Manning. Manning may sign off the signing, but it's Tinnion and his team who put together shortlists.

Then if we're struggling after 10 in 2024/25 at least there might be someone competent in place to guide the Lansdowns (if for just once they might consider taking guidance) to find a replacement manager.

If Manning goes now then it's the same three-headed beast appointing and then working with his successor. 

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Logic says Tinnion.

6 more months roughly takes Manning to the first international break in September, approx 10 games into the season.

Sack Tinnion now.

Then if we're struggling after 10 in 2024/25 at least there might be someone competent in place to guide the Lansdowns (if for just once they might consider taking guidance) to find a replacement manager.

If Manning goes now then it's the same three-headed beast appointing and then working with his successor. 

I agree with you, I think, but that "might be" in your fourth sentence is doing some serious heavy lifting in your logic!

I don't know but I get the feeling when the wheels are really coming off Steve steps in and tries to sort it out. I guess you opted to ditch Manning that's your best shot of getting an ok outcome? I can't believe I'm saying that...

• Like 1

What also might be making Lansdown Snr even more unhappy at the moment is that his favourite manager, Mark Robins, has just got Coventry to an FA Cup Semi-Final and they are still very much in with a shout of making the playoffs, despite selling their two best players from last season. That just underlines how poor the appointment of Manning has been by comparison.

• Like 2

Both……but if i had to pick one then it’s Tinnion. The bloke is a cancer to our football club & will remain one until he is removed.

Even if we were to sack Manning, Tinnion would only appoint another bloke with no pedigree. A very insecure man is what he is, the whole Liverpool bollocks the other month was proof to that.

Edited by Mr Hankey
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

Whilst the hierarchy at the club remain in place it will sadly be a case of rinse and repeat......it's one of the reasons Lansdown can't find any investment in the club. Everything is in place, ground,training facilities and fans..  

37 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

The consensus seems to be that we’d like rid of Jon, Brian and Liam. However, realistically the first isn’t going anywhere.

Isn't going anywhere fast. But go he will. Eventually we'll be entirely or part sold and even if the latter, there's no way any investor is going to accept the club structured as it is.

On the original question, I went Tinnion. Manning's a huge flop, but it was the dead hand of Tins who led to the situation in the first place and if he's in place, his "football know-how" could lead to us appointing an even worse manager after Liam Manning. Liam Fox probably. :facepalm:

• Like 2

Both should go as others have said, gone for Tinnion in the poll as that’s the most rotten part of the club right now, sacking Manning first and allowing BT to choose the next manager again would end in another disaster

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

This was from a Coventry City fan after the Wolves game....food for thought. 

Screenshot_20240317_104555_X.jpg

Yeah Mark Robins who played at the highest level most of his career and is an experienced Manager. We had the same, but we decided to sack him.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Because Robins is a good manager who’s been allowed time. Wonder where NP would have had us after 7 years.

Fans of Coventry over the past few years wanted Robbins replaced as well.......

45 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

The appropriate move would be to dispense of both Liam and Brian, but I think we can already see manoeuvrings from both (Liams use of “Brian” continually in interviews, Tinnions SOTC car crash) and they can probably both see that there is likely to be a fall guy soon.

And if one goes without the other, then there has to be an assumption that whoever remains does so for at least a six month period in current role.

So, do you want to be hung or shot?

We are all forgetting Kelly. 

In my view, Kelly, Tinnion and Manning need all to go. The club needs a radical reset with a real CEO and Chairman, Technical Director and head coach/manager. Jon L needs to become non executive . 

The task ahead is massive but needs to happen. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Because Robins is a good manager who’s been allowed time. Wonder where NP would have had us after 7 years.

Exactly this. 

So what if Lansdown didn’t like Nige. There are people I’ve worked with I don’t like either. But I could recognise and appreciate their skills and experience. 

The best leaders aren’t the smartest in the room, or the most experienced.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

This was from a Coventry City fan after the Wolves game....food for thought. 

Screenshot_20240317_104555_X.jpg

Well. Now adrianjm64 has spoken on an entirely different manager with an entirely different experience level at an entirely different club then I’ve totally changed my mind.

• Haha 7

6 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Isn't going anywhere fast. But go he will. Eventually we'll be entirely or part sold and even if the latter, there's no way any investor is going to accept the club structured as it is.

On the original question, I went Tinnion. Manning's a huge flop, but it was the dead hand of Tins who led to the situation in the first place and if he's in place, his "football know-how" could lead to us appointing an even worse manager after Liam Manning. Liam Fox probably. :facepalm:

I'd take Liam Gallagher at the moment.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Well. Now adrianjm64 has spoken on an entirely different manager with an entirely different experience level at an entirely different club then I’ve totally changed my mind.

Just using the analogy of not sacking a manager when a lot of fans wanted him out....it happens to every club in the league, it's a given when things aren't going well. I've been on OTIB for a long time and it's happened to every previous manager....even some perceived messiahs.