IGNORED

Sky Sports and the Leicester game

harvey54

3 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Dont know what kind of world you live in; poor win ratio, leaves the club after 30 months without the ability to score goals, during his best season with W-S-M up front (none of whom he recruited) he coached us to concede 77 goals - that is seventy seven.

Fans might sing; "you stole a wage, you stole a wage"

**** off Brian 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Slacker said:

I think if Nige was in the studio he would show plenty of respect to us.By which I mean the fans.I believe he has more class than to try and take cheap shots.Would certainly be interesting. 

100% more class,and far too clever to drop himself in it, loves the fans and would never diss them.anyone can see that from the way he told us what was going on. 

having said that, i cant help but think he must be laughing his bollocks off at how the chosen fews plans are working out

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

That’s close to what happened at Leicester earlier this season. A tremendous reception whilst stood out on the pitch with his crutches.

In hindsight his demise was probably already decided by then and seeing that applause and singing for him must have sat very uncomfortably with Jon and Brian. 

Wasn't he asked to step aside after that game? 

30 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Wasn't he asked to step aside after that game? 

After Leeds by all accounts. 

15 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

No I think it was after Cardiff a month later. 

Asked to go after Leeds. Told them they would have to sack him. 

Waited for the defeat to Cardiff. 

Cowardly b******s.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Was such a stitch up just thinking about it.. I know we all know it but it is horrible and disgraceful as well as wrecking our season at bare minimum.

*11 players injured including but not limited to Pring at CB, Sykes at LB and an untried youth player at RB. We lost but in spirited fashion. Injuries were spiralling too.

*Tricky run- included Leeds Away and Ipswich Home, Cardiff Away when in recent form. Coventry at Home started terribly but big spending and Playoff finalists.

Next 2 games included bottom Sheffield Wednesday Home (1 win and 1 away point all season), QPR 2nd bottom Away (1 Home win in 10 months).

Norwich who has a terrible Away record at Home, Huddersfield and Blackburn Away. Yes we had a reasonable run of fixtures...and injuries clearing a bit.

Seemed to be going okay though up until the end of the year..15 pts 10, reasonable defensively and 36 from 25 all-in. Maintaining the level at least.

• Like 1

It was discussed on another thread , he was supposed to do Southampton  (I think) but he wasn't well enough . Jason Euel took his place . 

So , if he's well enough it could happen. I'd like to see it. Could be interesting.

• Thanks 2
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Meh said:

Would be interesting but his silence since has guaranteed an NDA was in place so we are only going to hear analysis over blunt truths unfortunately 

There's nothing to stop him giving honest opinions though. 

Done in a way that we could read between the lines. 

He's an intelligent bloke. 

• Like 6

On 18/03/2024 at 13:17, exAtyeoMax said:

would be great to have all four stands singing "There's only one Nigel Pearson!" 

Got to ask the question….tin helmet on.

Would those be expected to sing who were  also on the 26/12/22 singing ‘we want Pearson out’ along with ‘you don’t know what your doing’ 

It was reported in the media a toxic atmosphere was created dby fans demanding his head… now that would be ironic a !  And of course I heard it as well. 
how times change, and football fans 🤔 short memories ?

we lost that day to WBA 0 2…

Edited by DT The Optimist
  • Like 1

I get where everyone is coming from.  But we often seem to play better against decent teams, and when we're on TV, and Leicester have had a bit of a wobble (only 4 points from their last 5 games - almost as bad as us!).  Do we really want to listen to Nigel discussing how well we played, how expertly Manning set us up, and so on?  

23 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Would those be expected to sing who were  also on the 26/12/22 singing ‘we want Pearson out’ along with ‘you don’t know what your doing’ 

It was reported in the media a toxic atmosphere was created dby fans demanding his head… now that would be ironic a !  And of course I heard it as well. 

It's not compulsory, you don't have to join in

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

As has been reported numerous times, it wasn't a toxic atmosphere and there were about 50 in S82 singing'we want Pearson out.' (and 4 times as many telling them to shut the eff up).

Yes if he'd been sacked the next day there would have been a few grumbles on here but most including the infamous 'cult of nige.' Would have accepted it.

Edited by Sir Geoff
Extra text
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

As has been reported numerous times, it wasn't a toxic atmosphere and there were about 50 in S82 singing'we want Pearson out.'

Yes if he'd been sacked the next day there would have been a few grumbles on here but most including the infamous 'cult of nige.' Would have accepted it.

The real cult is the “anyone but Nige” mob, exactly the people who advise us to careful what we wish for which is slightly ironic. Nobody wished for the current results and performances that’s for sure!! They started all this and now seem to be missing.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 1
  • Flames 2

44 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The real cult is the “anyone but Nige” mob, exactly the people who advise us to careful what we wish for which is slightly ironic. Nobody wished for the current results and performances that’s for sure!! They started all this and now seem to be missing.

Yes funny that, not a peep from them. All with their, 'I can see what he's doing, ' love all the extra shots on target.' '  Definately see green shoots' 

Where are they now.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Did anybody enjoy, as much as I did, the rendition of, "Sky TV is ****ing sh*te" closely followed by Sky TVs theme music for the darts? I love football fan hypocrisy, dating back to the seventies when "Red flag" was accompanied by Nazi salutes. Marvellous.

9 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Wouldn't that be irony rather than hypocrisy? I doubt it was being sung because it was the darts theme tune and I doubt too many even know that's what it was!

No it is hypocrisy to hate Sky TV but love the darts... as popularised by Sky TV. I suspect most know the tune from the darts rather than from 'Chase the Sun' by Planet Funk.

Edited by CiderJar

2 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

No it is hypocrisy to hate Sky TV but love the darts... as popularised by Sky TV. I suspect most know the tune from the darts rather than frome ' Chase the Sun' by Planet Funk.

Thank you for the name of the tune, I now know what it is! It's been sung as a tune at AG for ages, probably around most football grounds.

I would be prepared to bet that less than 1% of the people singing it are doing so because they like darts on Sky.