IGNORED

Okay, who wants to put themselves through this? (Edit - LM interview)

4 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think for me it’s more what’s said and less of how he says it. 

I’m not as worked up as some on the “emotion” piece or even things I take the piss out of like “cat and mouse” and “biggest bit” - my broader concern is that in these (both club and presser), he’s indicated a few things which are contrary to what we’re seeing - the playing well 19 games out of 20, him not being able to impact games (he doesn’t but he is able).

If you move away from the buzzword bullshit bingo and into what substance there is, there are red flags everywhere- he believes what he’s doing is right and going well in spite of all contrary evidence.

I agree the chat GPT stuff doesn’t help. But for me what helps less is what is behind that - and for me that’s (ahem) “the biggest bit”

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

That’s me too…it’s what he says in relation to what he’s seeing versus what I’m seeing (and you too by the seems of it).  Nige wasn’t much beyond monotone either, but what he said was insightful, and imho resonated with what I was seeing on the pitch.  Manning appears to be watching a slightly different game, somewhat through rose-tinted specs.  I think he struggles with levelling off what a good performance is, and then what level of performance is needed to win games.  Saying “we’ve been in every game” or stuff like that, is a bit misleading.  We are playing a low-scoring sport.  Leeds (h) was a game where we were in it, purely because they only scored once, but that doesn’t level out to mean it was a good performance.  I know he said we weren’t “at it” that game, just using it to make a general point.

I’m with you. We all know that his interview style and/or his personality emotion etc would have no bearing whatsoever, if we were winning games or that what he said seemed justifiable and provable. 
   I accept we’re not managers but seeing as we have, our team playing in this way week after week and listen to his account of each game basically being a carbon copy of the game before it really starts to get frustrating. 

I think possibly his lack of insight into his own role in how they play, is the thing that really gets me along with his seeming inability to make effective changes in game time.  Yes, players need to be accountable, but if was all down to players we wouldn’t really need coaches/managers. 

And if we’re talking about honesty and bravery, you could certainly see that in NPs interviews, even if he was a bit tetchy at times. 

• Like 7