IGNORED

Okay, who wants to put themselves through this? (Edit - LM interview)

6 minutes ago, Ian M said:

From what you guys are reporting, how easily they seem to have forgotten Southampton. :disapointed2se:

It was really noticeable he didn’t say the S word. He was close a couple of times but has clearly been told to rein it in.

And Liam, hi. I know you do read these threads despite what you say.

• Like 1

Not watching but hopefully, whatever the bloke says in his Presser, he has/is using the break for a total reset and refresh. 

That’s what I’m doing as a supporter.

Let’s see a shiny new Bristol City that are dynamic, progressive, innovative, highly motivated and re-energised for the remainder of the Season, starting Leicester.

COYRs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Once more, I don’t and neither should any of you. This is a man who walked out on Oxford at the first team who showed some leg when they’d taken a chance on him following his sacking. He showed nil loyalty and jumped to a job he was totally unsuitable for without doing any due diligence. Yes, the board didn’t do theirs either but it cuts both ways - and “man is shit at job he’ll be recompensed handsomely for having shown nil loyalty to prior club” is not really high up on my sympathy list.

You are right. It’s just bloody painful seing him on the sideline looking like a lost puppy.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Once more, I don’t and neither should any of you. This is a man who walked out on Oxford at the first team who showed some leg when they’d taken a chance on him following his sacking. He showed nil loyalty and jumped to a job he was totally unsuitable for without doing any due diligence. Yes, the board didn’t do theirs either but it cuts both ways - and “man is shit at job he’ll be recompensed handsomely for having shown nil loyalty to prior club” is not really high up on my sympathy list.

I guess I just want him put out his misery (and ours). Not exterminated, just moved aside so we can move on 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

He really is the most boring public speaker.

I wish he would talk less about what the players are going to do and focus on how the management team have been working on their game management and intent.

Tinnion spoke about him "learning on the job", well he took over a team of seasoned Championship players who he's failed to develop or enhance in any way. 

He may be excellent on those FA coaching courses, but now is the time to be brave in your selection/formation/leadership and tactics. Let's see real improvement in the next week, or it's going to be even more uncomfortable for both the Management and the club.

Really don’t understand why Hogg doesn’t do some of them.

It is almost impossible that he could be any duller and it would lighten the load, re-enforce the message it is a collective.

I promise I’m trying hard not to harp on about the previous era, but I loved it when Curtis did them.

Funny, engaging, passionate, honest (as a coach ever is).

Spot the difference..

• Like 13

Let us have a really good display and a thumping victory on Friday and then nobody will make any comments about his interviews. I really can't see that happening by the way and I am far from convinced he will be in post for much longer, but really hoping for City's sake and his sake he can turn this mess around.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It is almost impossible that he could be any duller and it would lighten the load, re-enforce the message it is a collective.

I promise I’m trying hard not to harp on about the previous era, but I loved it when Curtis did them.

Spot the difference..

Cos it's all about his own ego. All about his game plans, all about him setting us up to beat Southampton. 

• Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 1

21 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Should appoint Mike Reid.

At least then we’d be confident the players would RUNARRRRAAAOOUND

He was well-known for saying TRIFFFFICCCCCC!  Just saying!

20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Spot the difference..

Don’t get me started!

29 minutes ago, Negan said:

I honestly can’t even watch or look at him. Thought SO’D was bad but manning has genuinely taken away a level of my interest for City, which is just sad. I don’t feel nothing towards him, I’m not rooting for him to succeed or hoping he fails. Just don’t care whatsoever about him. Obviously I hope my team wins but with manning in charge it just feels like the substitute teacher is here and we’re waiting for the real guy to come back. Not sure if it’s just me that feels that way but in my head I already know this is going to end sooner rather than later. He won’t be successful, it’s just so glaringly obvious but he’s not had a reason to be sacked… yet. So until then I’m just not bothering watching anything with him involved. Pointless. 

I completely agree with you.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

These were my notes, similar to Silvio.

image.png.96628d14f9d42ea045d5901297429570.png

For me, and of course I’ve now made my mind up, so some bias - he’s holding these players back.  When they play to his game plan we are dog-shit, when we let them do what they’re good at, we are a reasonable outfit.

Maybe this is the problem that the players need to solve themselves. 
“hey lads, this is shit. Let’s just play our own way”. 

At least they’d then be “doing us”. 

Post match :

Liam “hey Zak. Why did you switch to a back 4?”

Zak “just solving problems and ‘doing us’ boss”

Edited by Harry
  • Like 6

28 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Let us have a really good display and a thumping victory on Friday and then nobody will make any comments about his interviews. I really can't see that happening by the way and I am far from convinced he will be in post for much longer, but really hoping for City's sake and his sake he can turn this mess around.

I don't agree that he should be given the chance to turn it around because he doesn't appear to have the ability to so do.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

- The large volume of games we’ve not won or drawn we’ve been in them. The culture is good and it’s important to stick together. 

Thanks for the summary, I can’t bring myself to listen but this bit he keeps mentioning, like it counts for anything…. You get zero points for being “in games” and surely being “in games” against teams in your division is a minimum expectation! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

He really is the most boring public speaker.

I wish he would talk less about what the players are going to do and focus on how the management team have been working on their game management and intent.

Tinnion spoke about him "learning on the job", well he took over a team of seasoned Championship players who he's failed to develop or enhance in any way. 

He may be excellent on those FA coaching courses, but now is the time to be brave in your selection/formation/leadership and tactics. Let's see real improvement in the next week, or it's going to be even more uncomfortable for both the Management and the club.

Keith millen was also an outstanding academic and pro licence holder who graduated top of the class and look how that turned out I'm so bored and sick and tired of listening to mannings whiney dull voice 

• Hmmm 1

23 minutes ago, spudski said:

He should take up commentating on horse racing...he's got projectile verbal diarrhoea. 

Makes me want to vomit every time I hear him. 

I feel for our players listening to him every day. 

someone needs to press his settings button and change the language to japanese,no fecker would understand a word and we would start winning games again👍

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Elruliri said:

I used to love listening to Nige and wouldn't miss a pre match or post match interview. Win, lose or draw. I've no interest at all what he has to say a bit like I got with LJ.

I was exactly the same with Nige - used to listen to everything. Like many others on here, can’t bear to listen to Manning. If I do try to, I switch off after a minute or so.  

Sure it’s the same for the players- prob why we are so sh*te. 

• Like 10