IGNORED

Okay, who wants to put themselves through this? (Edit - LM interview)

Leicester will be desperate to get back on form and ensure they seal their promotion over the next few games. 

If we play like we have been and Leicester do tap into that previous form it could be an awful score line. Whilst that may be almost be expected, it’s hard to see anything other than a reaction from the fans given the last few months. 

It would be somewhat ironic if it’s Nige’s old club (and perhaps his attendance on Sky) that seals Manning’s fate. 

Edited by One Team
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Yeah he has given up on the Southampton mention. Obviously decided it had no effect any more.

Just thinking we lose both the weekends games. Relegation form biting our asses. Surely he has to go. 

What will be Crayon boys  and BT's next plan to run our top six ready squad ?

Tinnion in charge with the return of the Millen as number two I expect. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Negan said:

I don’t feel nothing towards him, I’m not rooting for him to succeed or hoping he fails. Just don’t care whatsoever about him. Obviously I hope my team wins but with manning in charge it just feels like the substitute teacher is here and we’re waiting for the real guy to come back.

We'll put & sums up (as well as anyone can) my own feelings regarding Liam.

Bland beyond words.

15 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Would think this time of the season, tough physical sessions is the last thing the players need. Is he saying  he took over an unfit squad ?

Agree.

And this is where we’ll probably get three further serious injuries.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Notes from it:

- Matty James is fully training as is Twine. Williams not as yet

- They’ve had some physically tough sessions which in turn develop mental toughness - have now given them days off as recharging is very important (at this point I believe I saw Jon Lansdown smacking his head against a wall)

- The large volume of games we’ve not won or drawn we’ve been in them. The culture is good and it’s important to stick together

- Questioned as to how much of the plan is set game by game and how much is based on how he’d like us to play. Answer was that the behaviours needed to be right, had to run and had to compete, but he very much sees football as cat and mouse (….sake) and if the opponents are struggling against us then they will change and it’s about having a culture when the players solve the problem and that’s the big bit. 

(NB - major issue here. He’s right that opponents will change but the problem is he doesn’t and he can’t expect the players to solve the macro problems. They did when they went off piste vs Swansea but that’s in spite and not because of him)

- Bit about the fans, the youth cup, nothing else major. New phrase is “we need to do us” which is very romcom.

Not worth 8 minutes of your life.

Thanks for the summary.  I switched off after 2:30 when asked "The last few weeks have seen results drop away.....  Have you seen enough in our performances to assure you that results will turn around again?".  I gave him until the second word of his answer, which started "Yeah, definitely...." and exited immediately because I knew that what would follow would be either dishonest or delusional.

Another thing of note for me was that he's been banging on about getting the players "on the grass" to work on the processes and behaviours (🤮), and so with an international break they've worked on getting the players fit physically and mentally and "done some work on tactics".  Surely this should've been the ideal time to focus on the tactical side.  There were no matches that the players had to recover physically from etc, so why, when given time to work on tactics does he relegate them to an "also" afterthought?!?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, spudski said:

He should take up commentating on horse racing...he's got projectile verbal diarrhoea. 

Makes me want to vomit every time I hear him. 

I feel for our players listening to him every day. 

Really?  What on earth makes you think he'd find passion in his voice to commentate on horses?  Cricket, perhaps....

13 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

someone needs to press his settings button and change the language to japanese,no fecker would understand a word and we would start winning games again👍

As opposed to..........?  You don't need the language to change for that!

Edited by Steve Watts
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Thanks for the summary.  I switched off after 2:30 when asked "The last few weeks have seen results drop away.....  Have you seen enough in our performances to assure you that results will turn around again?".  I gave him until the second word of his answer, which started "Yeah, definitely...." and exited immediately because I knew that what would follow would be either dishonest or delusional.

Another thing of note for me was that he's been banging on about getting the players "on the grass" to work on the processes and behaviours (🤮), and so with an international break they've worked on getting the players fit physically and mentally and "done some work on tactics".  Surely this should've been the ideal time to focus on the tactical side.  There were no matches that the players had to recover physically from etc, so why, when given time to work on tactics does he relegate them to an "also" afterthought?!?

Clearly Dr Lansdown didn't want the players being 'deconditioned' during the International Break and advised that we just run for two weeks... 

59 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Really?  What on earth makes you think he'd find passion in his voice to commentate on horses?  Cricket, perhaps....

As opposed to..........?  You don't need the language to change for that!

I was referring more to the speed at which he speaks. He started slowly, but mid interview reverted to sort. 

• Like 1