IGNORED

Okay, who wants to put themselves through this? (Edit - LM interview)

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Should appoint Mike Reid.

At least then we’d be confident the players would RUNARRRRAAAOOUND

Mike Reid has been dead a few years and is still find more interesting to have a conversation with. That’s the biggest bit, for me.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

He is flogging a dead horse most fans want him and the above gone. Let's see how this plays out.

and we all know too well how much the fans mean to SL.  if dipsy and la la have convinced him we are ok,then po will stay

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Oh dear.  How have we come to this?  Well we know that answer; yet it remains hard to take after Nige injected hope based on experience and actions

Like so many, deeply upset the way City are currently managed (?) both on and off the pitch.  How can a football club in this league land up with such incompetents?  Two of whom seem to find difficulty in speaking coherently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Flames 5

5 hours ago, Jose said:

I do too. Completely out of his depth and he only has Tinnion to lean on. 

Such sad state of affairs.

That made me think of that Only Fools And Horses scene with Del and Trig in the bar where Del tries to lean against the bar ...

2 hours ago, Henry said:

Mike Reid has been dead a few years and is still find more interesting to have a conversation with. That’s the biggest bit, for me.

You know, like I said, you know, in terms of, like I said, outcomes, you know, that's the biggest bit.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Good interview. Articulate as usual

As sarcasm goes that’s as good as it gets!

Please tell us it was sarcasm.

I mean he articulated words and it was an interview but beyond that…? Nothing!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Good interview. Articulate as usual

10 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

As sarcasm goes that’s as good as it gets!

Please tell us it was sarcasm.

I mean he articulated words and it was an interview but beyond that…? Nothing!

Don't feed it, Dr.

6 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Phil Mitchell would be a better choice than Manning. At least he would have some passion! 

At this point Sonya Jacksons trumpet or Robbie Fowlers dog would be an upgrade.

He must know his time here is coming to an end, he has no respect from the fan base and is now just an object of ridicule. It's becoming hard to watch in all honesty.

In fact this whole situation reminds me when Leeds, when they were at the height of their disfunction, sacked experienced manager Brian McDermmot and hired Forest Green Manager, David Hockaday ... a hugely dissapointing appointment in the eyes of the supporters, he became an object of ridicule, was completely out of his depth, sacked after 6 games and is now genuinely a P.E Teacher at Stroud College.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Hockaday

Edited by WolfOfWestStreet

7 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Notes from it:

- Matty James is fully training as is Twine. Williams not as yet

- They’ve had some physically tough sessions which in turn develop mental toughness - have now given them days off as recharging is very important (at this point I believe I saw Jon Lansdown smacking his head against a wall)

- The large volume of games we’ve not won or drawn we’ve been in them. The culture is good and it’s important to stick together

- Questioned as to how much of the plan is set game by game and how much is based on how he’d like us to play. Answer was that the behaviours needed to be right, had to run and had to compete, but he very much sees football as cat and mouse (….sake) and if the opponents are struggling against us then they will change and it’s about having a culture when the players solve the problem and that’s the big bit. 

(NB - major issue here. He’s right that opponents will change but the problem is he doesn’t and he can’t expect the players to solve the macro problems. They did when they went off piste vs Swansea but that’s in spite and not because of him)

- Bit about the fans, the youth cup, nothing else major. New phrase is “we need to do us” which is very romcom.

Not worth 8 minutes of your life.

Yeah so picked up that 

'we need to do us'

Wtf 

Other than that let's see Friday. Hoping we don't get really turned over it could get bit uneasy with a full house. Yeah be interesting to see how full the South Stand is

COYR

37 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

In fact this whole situation reminds me when Leeds, when they were at the height of their disfunction, sacked experienced manager Brian McDermmot and hired Forest Green Manager, David Hockaday ... a hugely dissapointing appointment in the eyes of the supporters, he became an object of ridicule, was completely out of his depth, sacked after 6 games and is now genuinely a P.E Teacher at Stroud College.

He did “give us” Antoine Semenyo though (along with Simon Panes at SGS).

Yeah he has given up on the Southampton mention. Obviously decided it had no effect any more.

Just thinking we lose both the weekends games. Relegation form biting our asses. Surely he has to go. 

What will be Crayon boys  and BT's next plan to run our top six ready squad ?

• Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

At this point Sonya Jacksons trumpet or Robbie Fowlers dog would be an upgrade.

He must know his time here is coming to an end, he has no respect from the fan base and is now just an object of ridicule. It's becoming hard to watch in all honesty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Hockaday

Remember him only too well. He was the beginning of the end for FGR and me. Hockaday alone for 4 years was bad enough but add Dale Vince to the equation and there was no coming back. He was out of his depth at FGR and was eventually sacked, so how the Leeds thing happened is still totally beyond me even now.

The funny thing was at the time he went to Leeds, if you Googled him the number one result was a clip of apoplectic FGR supporters giving him severe verbal abuse at Grays Athletic after being relegated from the Conference (later reprieved after off the field shenanigans). It takes a lot to get FGR supporters even mildly annoyed.