IGNORED

Okay, who wants to put themselves through this? (Edit - LM interview)

He really is the most boring public speaker.

I wish he would talk less about what the players are going to do and focus on how the management team have been working on their game management and intent.

Tinnion spoke about him "learning on the job", well he took over a team of seasoned Championship players who he's failed to develop or enhance in any way. 

He may be excellent on those FA coaching courses, but now is the time to be brave in your selection/formation/leadership and tactics. Let's see real improvement in the next week, or it's going to be even more uncomfortable for both the Management and the club.

• Like 7

• The title was changed to Okay, who wants to put themselves through this? (Edit - LM interview)
  • Admin
1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

He really is the most boring public speaker.

I wish he would talk less about what the players are going to do and focus on how the management team have been working on their game management and intent.

Tinnion spoke about him "learning on the job", well he took over a team of seasoned Championship players who he's failed to develop or enhance in any way. 

He may be excellent on those FA coaching courses, but now is the time to be brave in your selection/formation/leadership and tactics. Let's see real improvement in the next week, or it's going to be even more uncomfortable for both the Management and the club.

That in itself is an admission that he is currently not fit to manage our club. Question is how long do the club's inexperienced hierarchy think it will take and who above Liam has any knowledge of how/what a successful Championship Manager acts/does?

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Notes from it:

- Matty James is fully training as is Twine. Williams not as yet

- They’ve had some physically tough sessions which in turn develop mental toughness - have now given them days off as recharging is very important (at this point I believe I saw Jon Lansdown smacking his head against a wall)

- The large volume of games we’ve not won or drawn we’ve been in them. The culture is good and it’s important to stick together

- Questioned as to how much of the plan is set game by game and how much is based on how he’d like us to play. Answer was that the behaviours needed to be right, had to run and had to compete, but he very much sees football as cat and mouse (….sake) and if the opponents are struggling against us then they will change and it’s about having a culture when the players solve the problem and that’s the big bit. 

(NB - major issue here. He’s right that opponents will change but the problem is he doesn’t and he can’t expect the players to solve the macro problems. They did when they went off piste vs Swansea but that’s in spite and not because of him)

- Bit about the fans, the youth cup, nothing else major. New phrase is “we need to do us” which is very romcom.

Not worth 8 minutes of your life.

Glad I don't watch it 😂

• Admin
14 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Notes from it:

- They’ve had some physically tough sessions which in turn develop mental toughness - have now given them days off as recharging is very important (at this point I believe I saw Jon Lansdown smacking his head against a wall)

- The large volume of games we’ve not won or drawn we’ve been in them. The culture is good and it’s important to stick together

- Questioned as to how much of the plan is set game by game and how much is based on how he’d like us to play. Answer was that the behaviours needed to be right, had to run and had to compete, but he very much sees football as cat and mouse (….sake) and if the opponents are struggling against us then they will change and it’s about having a culture when the players solve the problem and that’s the big bit. 

(NB - major issue here. He’s right that opponents will change but the problem is he doesn’t and he can’t expect the players to solve the macro problems. They did when they went off piste vs Swansea but that’s in spite and not because of him)

- Bit about the fans, the youth cup, nothing else major. New phrase is “we need to do us” which is very romcom.

How does that tally with Liam's stated belief that once a game has started there is very little a manager can do to affect the outcome?

Personally I would take Liam's quote and change a manager to this manager.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

19 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Notes from it:

3m 40sec and out

The word behaviours comes in, turtle slowly exits the room

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

32 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Notes from it:

Sesame Street Reaction GIF by Muppet Wiki 

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Ian M said:

How does that tally with Liam's stated belief that once a game has started there is very little a manager can do to affect the outcome?

Personally I would take Liam's quote and change a manager to this manager.

Yep, it’s a pattern. Liam believes that he can’t change things once they cross the line (and also believes things shouldn’t change because his plan is right). He’s acknowledged there though that other managers do change things in game.

And I’ll say again, Zak Vyner hasn’t got the authority to say “three at the back lads” after an hour. That is literally Mannings job.

What players can do is change tone. They did it against Swansea. Hell, even as far back as Boro where TGH got pissed off with the inertia and hit a thunderbastard they did it.

They play well, when they play well, despite him. Not because.

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 11
  • Flames 2

16 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I haven’t listened to a full interview since he started and I’m not going to do it now. Sooner watch Eastenders. 

It’s when you realise that “Albert Square” was a passing instruction from Manning!!! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 12