IGNORED

Leicester City at home match thread

2 minutes ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

Liam - please follow that up with an interesting and insightful post-match interview without mentioning principles or behaviours 

I got “yeah, no”, “on the grass”, “Southampton”, “delivering the actions” ticked off on my bingo card!

• Facepalm 1
Just now, One Team said:

I got “yeah, no”, “on the grass”, “Southampton”, “delivering the actions” ticked off on my bingo card!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

23 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

So I see Mehmeti got MOTM. If only we could foresee when his next good game will be and we could drop him until then. The new Pato. 

In a 1-0 win does MOTM ever go to anyone other than the goalscorer? I'd have said most of the defence put in better all round performances.

Tried to follow the game but it was awkward.   Talksport were supposed to feature throughout but all they did was put updates on with no consistent commentary.     Kept looking in on this match day thread too but really wanted to listen to action to gain a proper understanding of what was going on over there.

Obviously we're pleased with the result but it would be unfair to just come on a rival fans message board to declare that.    From what I could learn as the game progressed Bristol City played well and in the end were value for the victory.     It seems the referee wasn't at his best but i'm just going from what I can learn from the comments made here as the game progressed.

What with this and the Southampton win a few weeks back it seems you have it within you to take on, challenge and even overcome the best sides in this division but it doesn't always go your way.    I don't think Leicester will make automatic promotion as they're simply too inconsistent now so that really leaves us, Leeds and Southampton to take the automatic promotion places.    Leicester I think just don't seem to have the nerve or stomach to see it through.

Well done on your victory.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

12th place, 11 points from the playoffs and 11 points clear of the drop. 
you can’t get much more mid-table than that!!😆

Great performance, great result, all the players played well but Mehmeti and Max were outstanding imho. 
Well done Liam and the lads. A very Good Friday indeed in the R&W household. 

More of the same vs Plymouth please chaps….

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Please please tell me we’ve learnt something today. I’ve always said we’ve got some really good players and that’s how to use them. 
 Well done everyone today, Mehmeti and O’Leary excellent. 

Yep, we got in their faces when it was appropriate to do so.  We actually played with purpose.

Really enjoyed. A 90-minute performance and errors were the only downside.

We finally managed to get the ball infield.

Jamo and Max joint motm, but very impressed with Roberts, really helps our composure on the ball.

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, One Team said:

What’s the point of following a football team if you can’t enjoy it when they win?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

In a 1-0 win does MOTM ever go to anyone other than the goalscorer? I'd have said most of the defence put in better all round performances.

I think it should have gone to Max today, his saves won us the game, a couple of them were really top class,

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Manning is the problem too.  He’s out of his depth.

He is now using press conferences to try to show he’s working hard with all this stuff about the hours prepping for games.  It isn’t working.  Work smarter, not harder.  He should replace Krause as the coach-analyst, that’s where his passion is.

He is not a football manager regardless of his job title.  Not at this level.  He’s been found out.

OH!  For Godsake!, I never thought i would hear someone who i have respected for a considerable time, come up with the ultimate cop-out   of  "He is out of his depth"?  Really Davefevs, you are now resorting to cliche's?  My opinion of you has now plummeted to a level that i never thought possible?  Whatever happened to the cool logical analyst, who's opinion I valued?   Manning, just like Semenyo will come good, given time.....and I truly believe that.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, archie andrews said:

We give the ball away so easy.... 

That was the main negative today. Except near the end when we managed to keep it near their corner flag for 2 minutes, earning an impressive 876 throws (okay, it was about 5).

• Haha 1

We won, yeah Leicester had more ball especially 2nd half but thought tactically we were pretty sound. Credit to the team and management.

Not sure how we didn't get at least one penalty first half either..thought we would either get hammered or put inn a strong and committed display- all or nothing. Fortunately it was the latter..

• Like 2

That was an enjoyable game. The 2 weeks off worked as we were much improved from the recent rubbish . 

James makes such a big difference to the side and he along with Roberts impressed . Max has my mom though , his save from Vardy was out of this world. 

leicester have got worse this season , gone from their game the speed and panache . They might be looking at the play offs now. 

The final bit of good news . Is that we have now replaced Southampton with Leicester in future club interview's. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

OH!  For Godsake!, I never thought i would hear someone who i have respected for a considerable time, come up with the ultimate cop-out   of  "He is out of his depth"?  Really Davefevs, you are now resorting to cliche's?  My opinion of you has now plummeted to a level that i never thought possible?  Whatever happened to the cool logical analyst, who's opinion I valued?   Manning, just like Semenyo will come good, given time.....and I truly believe that.

Leave him alone. Hes unwell. 

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Maybe you just liked it because you usually agreed with it before?

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Manning and Mehmeti are two people who are despised by so many on here - but just for today they can stick the proverbial single index figure back at those critics. 

Yet again you outdo yourself posting complete bollocks . Nobody despises anyone you clown. Many of us have quite rightly questioned mannings set up , tactics  & tactical decisions or lack of during games. Mehmeti has been poor generally since he signed . I’ve accused him of not being intelligent enough . Where please tell is there any evidence of them being despised. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I think he is.  Why is it a cop-out?

the view is based on my analysis.  Had he got his teams to play with this sort of endeavour and intent most weeks I wouldn’t have a problem.  He hasn’t though has he?

Good for you to feel the way you do.  Why have a pop at me for my view, it’s hardly just a 6 word cliche without any rationale.

What a strange post.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 5
  • Flames 2
1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I think he is.  Why is it a cop-out?

the view is based on analysis.  Had he got his teams to play with this sort of endeavour and intent most weeks I wouldn’t have a problem.  He hasn’t though has he?

Good for you to feel the way you do.  Why have a pop at me for my view, it’s hardly just a 6 word cliche without any rationale.

What a strange post.

I think most of us probably expected us to win today. Because thats what we do under Manning. 

Today's result changes nothing. 

WHEN we can beat the teams that plays in a low block, then things will change.

Just now, West Hill Red said:

You won't be missed!

Just like the thousands of others that are not renewing?

• Like 1