IGNORED

“Brian Keeps Saying To Me, It’s only six games ago we played Southampton”

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Bingo fans in for a treat here. Bad news is that Liam doesn’t see one season ending and another one starting but wants to just see the progress continue.

He also believes he’s his own biggest critic. A certain seagull from Weston objects.

A few interesting questions. Really didn’t answer the question about planned subs  or otherwise.

For progress to continue, doesn’t it first have to happen?

• Like 6
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1

Just now, Northern Red said:

I'm probably giving him more credit than he deserves, but could he be deliberately stitching Tinnion up with that Southampton comment?

Don’t think so. The S word came out about four times that I counted including that one.

Delighted that within the first couple of minutes I could tick off a “emotions”, a “Southampton”, a “big bit” and a “on the grass”. Line achieved.

Just now, bearded_red said:

I’m sorry, but as someone who can’t possibly force myself through a Liam Manning press conference, the title of this thread isn’t genuine is it? Please tell me it isn’t genuine.

Please.

I regret to inform you that having listened, it’s word for word!

• Haha 12
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, CloudyThatchers said:

I managed about 3 minutes of this guy waffling on  before I had to turn it off,it's just utter guff coming out of his mouth.

Why the hell is he still in job, oh yeah because we have the incompetent BT and JL in charge.

I've not listened to one of his interviews since he joined and very few post match. With NP I'd listen to most as they were honest and interesting and without any buzz words! 

• Like 18
  • Robin 1

I am seriously starting to wonder whether a right shellacking tomorrow is the only way that this mess will get dealt with swiftly and properly. More weeks of this will not do anybody any favours.......except Jon and Brian who are clearly having fun at the moment.

• Like 15

8 minutes ago, Roe said:

That quote can't actually be serious 😂😂😂

11:40. I lied, it wasn’t word for word it was - “Brian regularly says to me it’s only six games ago the Southampton game when everybody was on a high” 

So, slight paraphrase but pretty much the same

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CloudyThatchers said:

I managed about 3 minutes of this guy waffling on  before I had to turn it off,it's just utter guff coming out of his mouth.

Why the hell is he still in job, oh yeah because we have the incompetent BT and JL in charge.

3 minutes? You must have the steely determination of a fell runner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Tin hat on, I didn’t think it was too bad..

A word of advice for Liam Manning though, previous events strongly suggest that even if “Brian” is saying it was “only 6 games ago that we beat Southampton” you’re a total mug if you don’t realise that in the future he’ll knife you in the back to either save his own skin or climb the ladder..

• Like 15
  • Flames 3

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I am seriously starting to wonder whether a right shellacking tomorrow is the only way that this mess will get dealt with swiftly and properly. More weeks of this will not do anybody any favours.......except Jon and Brian who are clearly having fun at the moment.

Even then I don’t think it will. Brian, Jon and manningbot are all utterly shameless cowards.

How can this guy seriously not have the self awareness to realise he is coming across a complete and utter moron repeating the same phrases over and over….unless of course he is intentionally trolling us.

I just can’t fathom why anyone would give this guy with no connection at all to the club the time of day.

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

11:40. I lied, it wasn’t word for word it was - “Brian regularly says to me it’s only six games ago the Southampton game when everybody was on a high” 

So, slight paraphrase but pretty much the same

I actually thought your thread title was a joke. That is embarrassing.

7 minutes ago, Waffleflap said:

I'm bored of him after 4 mins. Horrible to think it but I hope we get absolutely stuffed but our behaviours are good and emotions in check. Get him out

Oh, behave!    :laugh:

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

He also believes he’s his own biggest critic. A certain seagull from Weston objects.

I'm my own biggest critics whilst also being Mannings biggest critic. From my own personal experience as my own biggest critic, I wouldn't keep making the same mistakes over and over again and hoping for the same results yet he keeps doing just that. 

I thought much of that interview was horrible.  It is not the players lacking bravery, it’s all coming from the head-coach from this listen.  I talk a lot of disrupting opponents.  It’s is clear again that Manning wants structure - “don’t want it to become a basketball match, where you can get caught on the counter”.  Well, sometimes that’s exactly what you’ve got to do to encourage a team to come out.

I think it is clear he thrives on analysis and coaching, and for me it sums up how he interacts with the match itself..

Good comments on Matty James.

• Like 9

Just now, Davefevs said:

I thought much of that interview was horrible.  It is not the players lacking bravery, it’s all coming from the head-coach from this listen.  I talk a lot of disrupting opponents.  It’s is clear again that Manning wants structure - “don’t want it to become a basketball match, where you can get caught on the counter”.  Well, sometimes that’s exactly what you’ve got to do to encourage a team to come out.

I think it is clear he thrives on analysis and coaching, and for me it sums up how he interacts with the match itself..

Good comments on Matty James.

Too many contradictions for me Dave. 

He says he wants us to press but that we can't because of the physical condition of players. 

But then says about the basketball match which blows apart his previous answer about wanting to press. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Even that won't be enough because it will only be 7 games ago where we beat Southampton and everything was absolutely fantastic*

*he conveniently forgets that Soton and Boro aside we were in very poor form. 

• Like 1