IGNORED

“Brian Keeps Saying To Me, It’s only six games ago we played Southampton”

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Depends what direction the progress is in my good man, he didn’t specify that bit.

As Oliver Prince Smith,  a U.S. Marine four-star general, said during the Korean war “Retreat Hell! We're just attacking in another direction.”

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I am seriously starting to wonder whether a right shellacking tomorrow is the only way that this mess will get dealt with swiftly and properly. More weeks of this will not do anybody any favours.......except Jon and Brian who are clearly having fun at the moment.

Trouble is . If we get a hiding & I don’t just mean score line but a Leeds type hammering . He gets sacked . Then what . We got a bumbling fool running the club , like a kid pissing about at home when his parents are out & his idiot teknical director , who will be choosing the next “forward thinking “ coach . Shambles 

• Like 8

Paraphrasing , but.

We set the structure , then we send them out and tell them to be brave and front foot.

If you are so concentrated on structure, how can you be brave and front foot because then you aren't playing to the structure . 

Being brave to me implies playing off the cuff, being individual . Which again isn't playing to a structure. 
That recent structure has had us sitting in , playing some of the most boring football I've seen. Players playing within themselves looking worried to take chances. 
I don't see him taking the shackles off tomorrow. Best we can hope for is a bore draw. 

• Like 3

• Admin
47 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

11:40. I lied, it wasn’t word for word it was - “Brian regularly says to me it’s only six games ago the Southampton game when everybody was on a high” 

So, slight paraphrase but pretty much the same

We were on a high because it was an exception to the norm as much as anything.

Tins, if you’re reading the attached image, that isn’t 7 wins for Manning…

IMG_2597.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

That phrase "be the best versions of ourselves" really grates on me. He got it in a few times. 

Heard Matty James say it lots, actually did so in the video when he signed for us.

Ubiquitous.

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Heard Matty James say it lots, actually did so in the video when he signed for us.

Ubiquitous.

Can't recall that word on this forum before. I thought he was a Roman Emporer. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fpcity said:

I've not listened to one of his interviews since he joined and very few post match. With NP I'd listen to most as they were honest and interesting and without any buzz words! 

If you've not listened to one of his interviews then how are you able to reach a judgement as to their quality?

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

Who would have thought on August 9th last year that the manager/coach of the team that we beat 5-1 in the League Cup would be in charge of us in March...utter shambles.

You forget the 4 we put past them a few weeks earlier, pre season.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Paraphrasing , but.

We set the structure , then we send them out and tell them to be brave and front foot.

If you are so concentrated on structure, how can you be brave and front foot because then you aren't playing to the structure . 

Being brave to me implies playing off the cuff, being individual . Which again isn't playing to a structure. 
That recent structure has had us sitting in , playing some of the most boring football I've seen. Players playing within themselves looking worried to take chances. 
I don't see him taking the shackles off tomorrow. Best we can hope for is a bore draw. 

Precisely. It is difficult to imagine a less 'brave' brand of football than what we've been treated to recently. 

• Like 4

I never listen to Manning interviews as I find his delivery coma inducing. But he is not paid to be a tv super star and should not be judged on media work .

But if his team talks are delivered in the same manner , then Houston we have a problem . 

He’s in the wrong business , sadly for him . Never a number 1 in a million years . But … look at the people who chose him. Same issue , boring and charisma free. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

I gave up around half way through. So boring, he sits there smirking and spouting absolute drivel that an outsider wouldn't believe that we have hardly won a league match for three months!

I'll be there tomorrow, haven't renewed yet and expect a thoroughly poor walloping from Leicester.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Bingo fans in for a treat here. Bad news is that Liam doesn’t see one season ending and another one starting but wants to just see the progress continue.

He also believes he’s his own biggest critic. A certain seagull from Weston objects.

A few interesting questions. Really didn’t answer the question about planned subs  or otherwise.

There speaks a man in complete confidence his job is safe. 

I obviously never want to see us lose; but for the first time I think ever I can’t help thinking a stuffing at home against Leicester and a hugely toxic atmosphere may actually be a good thing in the long run. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Bingo fans in for a treat here. Bad news is that Liam doesn’t see one season ending and another one starting but wants to just see the progress continue.

He also believes he’s his own biggest critic. A certain seagull from Weston objects.

A few interesting questions. Really didn’t answer the question about planned subs  or otherwise.

He looks like someone happy to receive a birthday present and not admitting it was his birthday last month

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I gave up around half way through. So boring, he sits there smirking and spouting absolute drivel that an outsider wouldn't believe that we have hardly won a league match for three months!

I'll be there tomorrow, haven't renewed yet and expect a thoroughly poor walloping from Leicester.

The smirking and laughing annoys me. 

We are in dreadful form, it's not a time for laughter, our form is not funny. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

A word of advice for Liam Manning though, previous events strongly suggest that even if “Brian” is saying it was “only 6 games ago that we beat Southampton” you’re a total mug if you don’t realise that in the future he’ll knife you in the back to either save his own skin or climb the ladder..

Unless he’s got about £100million down the back of his sofa he can’t go any higher can he……. utterly depressing 

Edited by RedRaw
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

He looks like someone happy to receive a birthday present and not admitting it was his birthday last month

Brilliant!

I was thinking he looks like an interim Geography teacher who’s been asked to take double PE. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

We will draw 1-1 tomorrow, we will ride our luck, Dickie and Vyner will play out of their skin.

Open on a rowdy Ashton Gate. Bristol City are playing Leicester City and it’s the 93rd minute. Leicester are winning 1-0.

Taylor Gardner Hickman places the ball down for one last gasp corner. We hear the crowd roar and feel the tension bursting through the screen.

The commentator, half defeated, half hopeful, lets out his final rallying cry to the fans at home. “This is it. There can’t be many more chances for Bristol City to equalise.”

The corner’s taken. It’s not great. It’s too close to the keeper but just far enough away that his punch doesn’t clear the area. From the edge of the box Ross McCrorie scuffs a shot… but the messy hit confuses the Leicester defenders who anticipated an easy, low drive into the bottom left corner.

In the confusion, the ball bounces of multiple Leicester players - their legs, torsos, arses. It falls into the six yard box. The keeper, flailing on the ground can’t reach.

Suddenly, Zak Vyner - with his back to goal - stumbles and falls over. He’s tripping over his own boots, staggering once, then twice before hitting the ground.

He somehow manages to stick out his leg. Through the crowd of lunging, exhausted players his toe touches the ball. It trickles towards the line… will it? won’t it?

The keeper scrambles once more… but it’s not enough. The ball slowly crosses the line. The crowd erupts - limbs everywhere. This is the beauty of football without VAR. Pure emotion.

Zak leaps to his feet, a huge smile across his face. He runs to the City faithful, arms wide open. They adore him.

He stops momentarily in front of the crowd, soaking in the atmosphere and what he’s just achieved. He thumps the badge then, in one swift movement, grabs the hem of his shirt - triumphantly yanking it over his head.

We see it. The t-shirt under his shirt. We see it…

ONYEGO

We fade to black. Logo and lock-up.

We fade again.

A FEVER PITCH PRODUCTION

Edited by SydneyCity
  • Like 2

The press conferences, media team and communication is laughable. Zero self reflection or recognition of fan unrest

I can’t believe the club don’t know the dissatisfaction from some supporters so talk to us, engage and reflect the current position with some honesty

We all hope we win 4-0 tomorrow but regardless how he/club communicate with us is at best ignorant and at worst with utter disregard 

The club are either not supporting/advising him for press conferences or he/they just don’t care about fan engagement 

• Like 1