IGNORED

“Brian Keeps Saying To Me, It’s only six games ago we played Southampton”

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I felt like the theme of the press conference was very much "I'm here until at least next season so get used to it" 

In fairness, he’s not going to any other way. He has no other choice than to act like that. 

I still think he’s under far more pressure than we think. Because of SL, not Tinnion. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It worries me greatly that he's going to be allowed to rip this squad up and build his own team, which he pretty much said in the press conference.

That’s exactly my concern. We’ve definitely got some really good players, but once they’re gone, they’re gone.   

7 minutes ago, petehinton said:

In fairness, he’s not going to any other way. He has no other choice than to act like that. 

I still think he’s under far more pressure than we think. Because of SL, not Tinnion. 

I definitely think that his comments were because of the pressure he is under from the fanbase. 

Yep, if he goes it will be SL that pulls the plug imo rather than JL and BT admitting they got it wrong. 

4 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

That’s exactly my concern. We’ve definitely got some really good players, but once they’re gone, they’re gone.   

This is my worry. 

Manning was the wrong choice for the players we have and the style we want to play. 

If we recruit players for 'Manningball' then when he does go we'll be left with a squad of players that doesn't fit a particular system. So we'd either need to continue down the route of playing a style that is different to what we wanted or to get rid of the players Manning brings in. 

It's a ridiculous situation which has been caused by them not knowing what they'd get with Manning. 

• Like 2

Yes it is a worry. We have got some good players but come the end of the season they will be binned off as too old and expensive to be replaced by younger versions without the nous. If King, Williams & James go at the end of the season as is likely they are effectively being replaced by Stokes, Murphy and Bird. These are great prospects in their own right but you'll all see today the true value of James and Williams in that midfield if they start.

There's an inescapable feeling that the lack of experience at head coach level coupled with the perceived ignorance at management level is leading to a meltdown and relegation next season.

18 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I am seriously starting to wonder whether a right shellacking tomorrow is the only way that this mess will get dealt with swiftly and properly. More weeks of this will not do anybody any favours.......except Jon and Brian who are clearly having fun at the moment.

Daft as it sounds and I can't quite believe I'm saying this but don't be surprised if we don't play brilliantly today and get a result, it's what we do.

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

Daft as it sounds and I can't quite believe I'm saying this but don't be surprised if we don't play brilliantly today and get a result, it's what we do.

I agree, it sounds daft…

11 minutes ago, Swede said:

Yes it is a worry. We have got some good players but come the end of the season they will be binned off as too old and expensive to be replaced by younger versions without the nous. If King, Williams & James go at the end of the season as is likely they are effectively being replaced by Stokes, Murphy and Bird. These are great prospects in their own right but you'll all see today the true value of James and Williams in that midfield if they start.

There's an inescapable feeling that the lack of experience at head coach level coupled with the perceived ignorance at management level is leading to a meltdown and relegation next season.

That’s the real concern these are the leaders, the experienced players. The ones who keep their heads (well maybe not Joe 😂) and lead, when things go wrong. Or like Joe will often do shake off the shackles and start fighting. 

15 minutes ago, pillred said:

When we have a full squad you have to admit we are not a bad team, you don't beat Southampton, West Ham, and Leicester by being lucky, which makes where we are all the more frustrating.

But then you don't lose to QPR, Sheffield Wed and Cardiff by being unlucky. 

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

But then you don't lose to QPR, Sheffield Wed and Cardiff by being unlucky. 

I'm not sure without looking what players we had available for those games, but today I looked at the lineup and thought we had a chance, which I posted earlier in the day, let us just enjoy the fact we more than matched one of the so-called best teams in our division.

• Confused 1