IGNORED

“Brian Keeps Saying To Me, It’s only six games ago we played Southampton”

Just now, Superjack said:

Both, I think you will find.

Agreed and this is why the disconnect grows.

Whenever he is asked a beige question about dissatisfaction he replies along the lines of the players and him focus on what they need to do which just riles us up even more.

We’ll see through buzz word bingo corporate lines about fans but at least do that to show a tiny degree of engagement 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SydneyCity said:

Open on a rowdy Ashton Gate. Bristol City are playing Leicester City and it’s the 93rd minute. Leicester are winning 1-0.

Taylor Gardner Hickman places the ball down for one last gasp corner. We hear the crowd roar and feel the tension bursting through the screen.

The commentator, half defeated, half hopeful, lets out his final rallying cry to the fans at home. “This is it. There can’t be many more chances for Bristol City to equalise.”

The corner’s taken. It’s not great. It’s too close to the keeper but just far enough away that his punch doesn’t clear the area. From the edge of the box Ross McCrorie scuffs a shot… but the messy hit confuses the Leicester defenders who anticipated an easy, low drive into the bottom left corner.

In the confusion, the ball bounces of multiple Leicester players - their legs, torsos, arses. It falls into the six yard box. The keeper, flailing on the ground can’t reach.

Suddenly, Zak Vyner - with his back to goal - stumbles and falls over. He’s tripping over his own boots, staggering once, then twice before hitting the ground.

He somehow manages to stick out his leg. Through the crowd of lunging, exhausted players his toe touches the ball. It trickles towards the line… will it? won’t it?

The keeper scrambles once more… but it’s not enough. The ball slowly crosses the line. The crowd erupts - limbs everywhere. This is the beauty of football without VAR. Pure emotion.

Zak leaps to his feet, a huge smile across his face. He runs to the City faithful, arms wide open. They adore him.

He stops momentarily in front of the crowd, soaking in the atmosphere and what he’s just achieved. He thumps the badge then, in one swift movement, grabs the hem of his shirt - triumphantly yanking it over his head.

We see it. The t-shirt under his shirt. We see it…

ONYEGO

We fade to black. Logo and lock-up.

We fade again.

A FEVER PITCH PRODUCTION

Nah… we’ll lose 1-4.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cheese said:

If you've not listened to one of his interviews then how are you able to reach a judgement as to their quality?

I think I watched his first one when he joined. Going by his post match ones I doubt his pre match are worth watching plus the majority on here pretty much say the same! 

I found it bizarre that a question was asked about Sammy and low and behold Liam has something to tell us about this activity he set him. 

A cynical person would suggest the club asked the reporter to ask that question so they could tell us about Sammy doing this activity. Why they think we'd want to know about that who knows. 

I find Southgate the same. Though he has some of the greatest talents we have ever seen to play with. But he is a comatose leader too. Is that in the FA manual?  I just look at Klopp Guardiola, Arteta and Postecoglu and they clearly went to a different school. 

Manning is charisma-free and has zero gravitas. Backed up by the equally insipid  Marshall and Jon L. You would go to war with that pair hey?

At least we beat Southampton 3-0 

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCity said:

Open on a rowdy Ashton Gate. Bristol City are playing Leicester City and it’s the 93rd minute. Leicester are winning 1-0.

Taylor Gardner Hickman places the ball down for one last gasp corner. We hear the crowd roar and feel the tension bursting through the screen.

The commentator, half defeated, half hopeful, lets out his final rallying cry to the fans at home. “This is it. There can’t be many more chances for Bristol City to equalise.”

The corner’s taken. It’s not great. It’s too close to the keeper but just far enough away that his punch doesn’t clear the area. From the edge of the box Ross McCrorie scuffs a shot… but the messy hit confuses the Leicester defenders who anticipated an easy, low drive into the bottom left corner.

In the confusion, the ball bounces of multiple Leicester players - their legs, torsos, arses. It falls into the six yard box. The keeper, flailing on the ground can’t reach.

Suddenly, Zak Vyner - with his back to goal - stumbles and falls over. He’s tripping over his own boots, staggering once, then twice before hitting the ground.

He somehow manages to stick out his leg. Through the crowd of lunging, exhausted players his toe touches the ball. It trickles towards the line… will it? won’t it?

The keeper scrambles once more… but it’s not enough. The ball slowly crosses the line. The crowd erupts - limbs everywhere. This is the beauty of football without VAR. Pure emotion.

Zak leaps to his feet, a huge smile across his face. He runs to the City faithful, arms wide open. They adore him.

He stops momentarily in front of the crowd, soaking in the atmosphere and what he’s just achieved. He thumps the badge then, in one swift movement, grabs the hem of his shirt - triumphantly yanking it over his head.

We see it. The t-shirt under his shirt. We see it…

ONYEGO

We fade to black. Logo and lock-up.

We fade again.

A FEVER PITCH PRODUCTION

If we have a last gasp corner we would play it short and recycle it back to Max and the ref would blow up for full time. Its Manningball!

• Haha 8

6 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

11:40. I lied, it wasn’t word for word it was - “Brian regularly says to me it’s only six games ago the Southampton game when everybody was on a high” 

So, slight paraphrase but pretty much the same

I wonder how regularly he says it to him? It wouldn’t surprise me if he said it to him 2 games after we beat them, and Liam has to remind him “no Brian, it wasn’t 6 games ago, it was 2 games ago”. 

Rinse and repeat after every poor performance, until it actually did end up being 6 games ago and the narrative was right, Brian was correct and everyone celebrated that he finally got it right. A cake with a 6 candle lit up gets ushered into the room. Everyone at the HPC rejoiced. 

Edited by petehinton
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

I wonder how regularly he says it to him? It wouldn’t surprise me if he said it to him 2 games after we beat them, and Liam has to remind him “no Brian, it wasn’t 6 games ago, it was 2 games ago”. 

Rinse and repeat after every poor performance, until it actually did end up being 6 games ago and the narrative was right, Brian was correct and everyone celebrated that he finally got it right. A cake with a 6 candle lit up gets ushered into the room. Everyone at the HPC rejoiced. 

I honestly think he thinks he’s doing well.

Happy with a “low quality” (his words) game against Cardiff because if we play them 10 games we get our share of the points.  Well that’s not how it works.  I don’t think we’ve been awful under him, but we haven’t been good enough.

What he’s really saying is that we’ve played one game in 27 that looks like a Liam Manning way of playing…Watford (a).  Because the cup games and Southampton were predominantly getting men behind the ball and playing on the counter.  I have no problem with that, and I’ll give him some 45s too, e.g. Boro (a), but that’s poverty (one of your phrases) isn’t it.  There has not been 23/24 performances at the level.  We weren’t great for 90% of Ipswich (a), that’s an analytic coach not being analytical.  He’s no better than a fan who judges on results if he thinks that.  It’s kinda hypocritical.  Same as West Brom, last time out…”they scored with their first shot on target”.  Did his analysis of the game not show him that West Brom were building momentum, ie Furlong inverting  and causing overloads by Johnston and Fellows, Wallace not having the natural instinct as some crosses flashed across our box.  Chances were coming, you can’t just sit there and think - “can we just get to h-t”.  That’s the way us fans think, this bloke is pro with a support staff around him.

Ultimately he’s made us worse, not massively, but I think having a “good bunch” is some of the reasons why we haven’t fallen off a cliff.

I’m really disappointed, I expected more from him.

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I honestly think he thinks he’s doing well.

Happy with a “low quality” (his words) game against Cardiff because if we play them 10 games we get our share of the points.  Well that’s not how it works.  I don’t think we’ve been awful under him, but we haven’t been good enough.

What he’s really saying is that we’ve played one game in 27 that looks like a Liam Manning way of playing…Watford (a).  Because the cup games and Southampton were predominantly getting men behind the ball and playing on the counter.  I have no problem with that, and I’ll give him some 45s too, e.g. Boro (a), but that’s poverty (one of your phrases) isn’t it.  There has not been 23/24 performances at the level.  We weren’t great for 90% of Ipswich (a), that’s an analytic coach not being analytical.  He’s no better than a fan who judges on results if he thinks that.  It’s kinda hypocritical.  Same as West Brom, last time out…”they scored with their first shot on target”.  Did his analysis of the game not show him that West Brom were building momentum, ie Furlong inverting  and causing overloads by Johnston and Fellows, Wallace not having the natural instinct as some crosses flashed across our box.  Chances were coming, you can’t just sit there and think - “can we just get to h-t”.  That’s the way us fans think, this bloke is pro with a support staff around him.

Ultimately he’s made us worse, not massively, but I think having a “good bunch” is some of the reasons why we haven’t fallen off a cliff.

I’m really disappointed, I expected more from him.

And that’s where we have a huge, if not insurmountable problem. If Liam genuinely thinks he’s doing well - and even if he’s not, his process will see us there eventually - then the awareness from him internally and from Hogg won’t be there to change - it’s going well, so why would it?

Other threads have suggested Liam is being malleable by Tinnion and Lansdown. It’s aspects like this that make me believe that’s not the case and if anything it’s the opposite. Lansdown will know ST sales are down. He’ll see the empty seats. Tinnion, for all he is, will know the fans aren’t happy - for one, he can’t help reading Twitter. But they speak to Liam and his bullshit baffles their lack of brains - “oh that’s what we’re not seeing”.

Essentially we have a bluffer fooling morons at the moment. As happened in a different way with Ashton. It’s what our club is.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

For progress to continue, doesn’t it first have to happen?

If the club say its happening then it's happening. Don't you dare rely on your own eyes and judgements. 

Woke up this morning and am dreading going to the Gate.....wondering which BCFC team will turn up?

(For the record I align myself fully with your comment- I see no progress only regression)

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

If the club say its happening then it's happening. Don't you dare rely on your own eyes and judgements. 

Woke up this morning and am dreading going to the Gate.....wondering which BCFC team will turn up?

(For the record I align myself fully with your comment- I see no progress only regression)

At least you are wondering which one will turn up. For me it’s obvious, there is only one team to choose from and I’m not interested in giving them any of my time or effort.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

And that’s where we have a huge, if not insurmountable problem. If Liam genuinely thinks he’s doing well - and even if he’s not, his process will see us there eventually - then the awareness from him internally and from Hogg won’t be there to change - it’s going well, so why would it?

Other threads have suggested Liam is being malleable by Tinnion and Lansdown. It’s aspects like this that make me believe that’s not the case and if anything it’s the opposite. Lansdown will know ST sales are down. He’ll see the empty seats. Tinnion, for all he is, will know the fans aren’t happy - for one, he can’t help reading Twitter. But they speak to Liam and his bullshit baffles their lack of brains - “oh that’s what we’re not seeing”.

Essentially we have a bluffer fooling morons at the moment. As happened in a different way with Ashton. It’s what our club is.

He comes accross as a guy who feels very content and secure in his job. That's probably because every morning Tinnion is knocking on his door and saying "don't worry about recent results, it was only 6 games ago we beat Southampton" 

9 hours ago, petehinton said:

I wonder if it’s like that scene in Airplane where Leslie Nielsen just keeps coming into the cockpit and saying “I just want to wish you both good luck. We’re all counting on you” and Tinnion just sticks his head round the door on the hour because he’s oblivious to what’s going on

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

He comes accross as a guy who feels very content and secure in his job. That's probably because every morning Tinnion is knocking on his door and saying "don't worry about recent results, it was only 6 games ago we beat Southampton" 

Exactly. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s been told this; or something along the lines of “we believe in you” and that he’s got all summer and next season. Whether they can stick to this if we keep losing is another matter though. 

Just absolutely nothing of substance from Manning yet again, despite some good questions being thrown his way.

6 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

One thing I thought was better from Richard Hoskins, was his questions were a bit more probing. For example about substitutions, which Liam didn’t really answer because “it’s in the past” but think RH got that right. 

That question was great and a perfect opportunity for him to explain his thinking even just a little bit but his response was just so empty.

He even turned it into a "well there are plenty of times I've made great subs" completely missing the point of the question.  It's that self-defensiveness and arrogance that people really don't like.

To say that he's not bothered about looking back at the West Brom game because it was a long time ago, only to then reference multiple other games that were much longer ago sums it up.

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

Just now, Roe said:

To say that he's not bothered about looking back at the West Brom game because it was a long time ago, only to then reference multiple other games that were much longer ago sums it up.

What it sums up is a manager and hierarchy that is flapping and lacks the intelligence and know how to navigate a few awkward questions without getting basic facts wrong (at best, lying at worst) or contradicting themselves. The only conclusion I can draw is NONE OF THEM are up to holding their current positions at the club.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Roe said:

Just absolutely nothing of substance from Manning yet again, despite some good questions being thrown his way.

That question was great and a perfect opportunity for him to explain his thinking even just a little bit but his response was just so empty.

He even turned it into a "well there are plenty of times I've made great subs" completely missing the point of the question.  It's that self-defensiveness and arrogance that people really don't like.

Totally agree. He actually said “well that’sa long time ago” but then actually ended up saying how much time he spends analysing games. As you say perfect opportunity lost, and unfortunately whether real or not, adds to fans concerns over substitutions and  not changing tactics where needed. 

I think fans do need to hear, what would be different next time and that’s not what he’s giving us. 

10 hours ago, harvey54 said:

If I had a tenner for every time I've read on here

"Obviously I want us to win tomorrow " when what they really mean is "I hope we get hammered and Manning gets sacked" I'd have more than enough for a good night out and a curry afterwards. 

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if we lost heavily, played crap, looked useless and were totally humiliated if it meant that something was going to change at our club. 

Whether that be Manning sacked, Tinnion sacked, Jon Lansdown removed or all 3 preferably. 

I'm fed up with the shambles that this club has become, angry that we were lied to about why Pearson was sacked and gutted that we appear to have a manager not fit for purpose now. 

In all honesty, I couldn't care less anymore 

Exactly how I feel, as long as we avoid relegation. I just worry that if Mannings sacking is the only change then we will struggle until something happens higher up.

38 minutes ago, One Team said:

Exactly. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s been told this; or something along the lines of “we believe in you” and that he’s got all summer and next season. Whether they can stick to this if we keep losing is another matter though. 

I felt like the theme of the press conference was very much "I'm here until at least next season so get used to it" 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Totally agree. He actually said “well that’sa long time ago” but then actually ended up saying how much time he spends analysing games. As you say perfect opportunity lost, and unfortunately whether real or not, adds to fans concerns over substitutions and  not changing tactics where needed. 

I think fans do need to hear, what would be different next time and that’s not what he’s giving us. 

Video Games Nintendo GIF by GIPHY Gaming

• Haha 1