IGNORED

Matty James Interview - one of the best?

Watching his 3 pre-match interviews tonight makes it clear he wants to; play and coach for years to come, he really respects Liam as much as many others have come out and said, he finds numerous positives in recent months, acknowledge the detailed understanding that now exists about opponents, beat Leicester for the club and for us fans.

I think this is one of the better pre-match briefings we've seen in the last few years - do you agree?

• Haha 5
  • Facepalm 6

What do you mean, he was asked about his contract and on a number of occasions said there had been nothing.  That's poor on the clubs part, poor and rings alarm bells that there is going to be a clear out in the summer.

And the Manning interview why's he sending Bell home to analyse teams?  

24 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

What do you mean, he was asked about his contract and on a number of occasions said there had been nothing.  That's poor on the clubs part, poor and rings alarm bells that there is going to be a clear out in the summer.

And the Manning interview why's he sending Bell home to analyse teams?  

You could say that it’s sensible to ask your striker to assess how the opposition defend. Their shape in our out possession, looking for areas that can be utilised and then delivering your findings to the squad - they then know what kind of run the strikers will try to make.

2 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Watching his 3 pre-match interviews tonight makes it clear he wants to; play and coach for years to come, he really respects Liam as much as many others have come out and said, he finds numerous positives in recent months, acknowledge the detailed understanding that now exists about opponents, beat Leicester for the club and for us fans.

I think this is one of the better pre-match briefings we've seen in the last few years - do you agree?

No. Now go tell your boss. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

No all the same "right".

1 hour ago, David Brent said:

He’s a consummate professional. No wonder that Mr Pearson felt the need to bring him to this club. Let’s hope he wants to stick around. 

Judging from his presser he definitely wants to stay around but hasn’t heard anything yet. He’s doing his A badge which partly involves Manning introducing him to what managers/ coaches do when involved in the footballing side of the club - it’s a lot more complicated than what the players do

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Judging from his presser he definitely wants to stay around but hasn’t heard anything yet. He’s doing his A badge which partly involves Manning introducing him to what managers/ coaches do when involved in the footballing side of the club - it’s a lot more complicated than what the players do

I don’t think he wants to learn from manning any more than you do 

he’s worked under some very good managers. Someone from Oxford who actually achieved nothing, or failed at MK Dons, who blames players who tries to implement tactics totally chalk and cheese to the squad he’s inherited, I really I doubt he’s listening to or wants to learn from. His future career would be best served from not learning from a manager that his own ‘Teknical’ director admits is learning on the job 😂

Edited by 38MC
  • Like 3
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Great interview, so refreshing to hear someone speak normally, with passion and not full of clichéd coaching talk. 

I think most of the current crop of players speak non-football lingo.  Dickie is a really good listen, very thoughtful in his answers.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, 38MC said:

I don’t think he wants to learn from manning any more than you do 

he’s worked under some very good managers. Someone from Oxford who actually achieved nothing, or failed at MK Dons, who blames players who tries to implement tactics totally chalk and cheese to the squad he’s inherited, I really I doubt he’s listening to or wants to learn from. His future career would be best served from not learning from a manager that his own ‘Teknical’ director admits is learning on the job 😂

We know from Mannings pressers that he seems more into coaching than actually managing the team but his way of working with the players off the pitch has impressed certainly James and Dickie - both of whom are experienced guys and LM getting Conway to study how Leicester set up defensively and then deliver his findings to the squad was a really smart idea - Ive not known of any other manager do that - no doubt Conway is impressed with LM as well.

Just listened.

Sums it up - “off the ball structure against certain teams has been very very good…in recent games from the first half to the second half certainly against Swansea was a lot better…I think when we are more aggressive (when we can be) it leads to more turnovers in the final third and we can be a little more front foot and transitional”

Jamo gets it, knows how we play better, yet our head-coach persists with his plan.

As per LM’s interview - yeah, yeah, we know people are putting a lot of hours in to produce stuff (tech stuff and animations), but is it producing the results?

Question - are you doing the right things and not executing, or could they be the wrong things?

Very diplomatic interview.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think most of the current crop of players speak non-football lingo.  Dickie is a really good listen, very thoughtful in his answers.

Dave, as always, useful views from you and others; shame i need to mention the 'no thanks' to Stokes acting her age (7) for her input. I really think Matty gave a clear, football-like, honest answer to all the many Qs in those 3 interviews. I prefer his style to Liam's and clearly understanding they all have roles to play when they 'go social' think it shows some constructive and positive insight to behind the scenes. Wish some of our fans could do the same as you read the sickening nonsense ahead of tomorrow - some people actually hoping to sing negatively - WTF, I hope we can sing coz we're winning!

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Just listened.

Sums it up - “off the ball structure against certain teams has been very very good…in recent games from the first half to the second half certainly against Swansea was a lot better…I think when we are more aggressive (when we can be) it leads to more turnovers in the final third and we can be a little more front foot and transitional”

Jamo gets it, knows how we play better, yet our head-coach persists with his plan.

As per LM’s interview - yeah, yeah, we know people are putting a lot of hours in to produce stuff (tech stuff and animations), but is it producing the results?

Question - are you doing the right things and not executing, or could they be the wrong things?

Very diplomatic interview.

Sounded like a man thinking there might be a vacancy soon.

Too complicated! Keep it simple. When we have the ball look for a space to run into.when they get the ball everyone marks the nearest available man,wingers mark fullbacks etc.On set pieces make sure evey man is marked.Give 100% and get stuck in hard but fair.Thats all you need!+ maybe 1 or 2 leaders on the pitch to implement it.

13 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Dave, as always, useful views from you and others; shame i need to mention the 'no thanks' to Stokes acting her age (7) for her input. I really think Matty gave a clear, football-like, honest answer to all the many Qs in those 3 interviews. I prefer his style to Liam's and clearly understanding they all have roles to play when they 'go social' think it shows some constructive and positive insight to behind the scenes. Wish some of our fans could do the same as you read the sickening nonsense ahead of tomorrow - some people actually hoping to sing negatively - WTF, I hope we can sing coz we're winning!

No i am 8 actually also not a her and actually very presumptuous of you to say what sex I am, also hit a nerve did I well maybe don’t make it so obvious who you work for numb nuts

• Haha 1