IGNORED

Ficklest fan base in Football?

Fredford89

2 hours ago, Fredford89 said:

Let the Pearson Obsession die if anything think he’s laid down the foundations as he did when he last left Leicester 🤷‍♂️

Twine was the big January signing he starts we beat Leicester 🤷‍♂️get off Pearsons parsnip and give Manning a chance 

Maybe the Leicester fans who were booing their side and angrily gesturing towards the manager and players for the sin of only being in second place in the league might qualify as more fickle? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Maybe the Leicester fans who were booing their side and angrily gesturing towards the manager and players for the sin of only being in second place in the league might qualify as more fickle? 

Their forum is astonishing. A majority seem to think the club is rotten to the core and that the owners, manager and squad all need to go!

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Scrumpylegs said:

What the hell is going on with this forum lately? Some of the replies to this poster are bang out of order. This is not the only thread that I’ve seen this stuff on now and I think some people need to get a grip and chill out a bit! I’ve been on this forum for years and we’ve had some big old debates over the years but always without the ‘nastiness’. And before anyone asks, I don’t, and never have, worked for Bristol Sport.

To be serious for a minute, and without accusing you of being Bristol Sport, it is a reasonable question and you have to consider a couple of factors:

- Most seriously, the period post Pearson sacking where the club thought it would be a good idea to have numerous Bristol Sport employees - often with their work email - register for the forum and be ridiculously positive about the club. What it’s done is foster a lot of distrust, particularly to new posters who may be amenable to Tinnion/Manning/BS. Those posters may be genuine, but the club has fostered an environment where voices in their favour are treated as bad actors. Thats on them, not anyone else

- The “good actors” who are pro LM and BT are, to be frank, pretty poor posters as a cohort. They don’t post when we lose and then pipe up with “everything is awesome” when we don’t. They seem to be unwilling to engage with any narrative that isn’t Liam is the messiah and Brian is a tecknikal genius. That in turn makes them look like unreliable witnesses and diminishes any points made.

So, if you want to know who to blame - just go to the HPC and ask for the guy with the crayons and the Geordie.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 4

32 minutes ago, Scrumpylegs said:

What the hell is going on with this forum lately? Some of the replies to this poster are bang out of order. This is not the only thread that I’ve seen this stuff on now and I think some people need to get a grip and chill out a bit! I’ve been on this forum for years and we’ve had some big old debates over the years but always without the ‘nastiness’. And before anyone asks, I don’t, and never have, worked for Bristol Sport.

My position is pretty simple scrumpy, I detest being lied to. Once you discover an organisation is institutionally dishonest it’s difficult to have any respect for it. 
When the board came out and said they had fired Pearson because we had a top 6 squad underperforming under him and they had a plan which would replace him with someone who would correct that I lost all faith in them. Any supporter could surely see that was not true?
I respect people who feel differently, that’s up to them, but I no longer believe what the club says, I no longer trust them not to seek to manipulate supporters in a dishonest way and, most importantly, I think it is hugely unlikely that they have the skill and capability to get the club into the premier league without significant changes in personnel and culture. If that comes across as robust I’m sorry, but it’s the way I feel and I don’t see any reason to hide it. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 5

58 minutes ago, Scrumpylegs said:

Because the Opening Post is from a multiple-username, previously multiple-banned poster who is just on here to wind people up.

The purest definition of a complete c++t as OTIB gets.  

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

To be serious for a minute, and without accusing you of being Bristol Sport, it is a reasonable question and you have to consider a couple of factors:

- Most seriously, the period post Pearson sacking where the club thought it would be a good idea to have numerous Bristol Sport employees - often with their work email - register for the forum and be ridiculously positive about the club. What it’s done is foster a lot of distrust, particularly to new posters who may be amenable to Tinnion/Manning/BS. Those posters may be genuine, but the club has fostered an environment where voices in their favour are treated as bad actors. Thats on them, not anyone else

- The “good actors” who are pro LM and BT are, to be frank, pretty poor posters as a cohort. They don’t post when we lose and then pipe up with “everything is awesome” when we don’t. They seem to be unwilling to engage with any narrative that isn’t Liam is the messiah and Brian is a tecknikal genius. That in turn makes them look like unreliable witnesses and diminishes any points made.

So, if you want to know who to blame - just go to the HPC and ask for the guy with the crayons and the Geordie.

A lot of people are just pro Bristol City irrespective of which dire manager is in charge it doesn’t necessarily make them pro or anti LM

New to this site. Don’t go to many games now but have been to many over nearly 50 years. Would love to see city in the top division again but it has to be done without risking the existence of the club. Steve lansdown has given the club a sound footing but why should he spend all his money chasing the premier league. As I say I’m new here, see a lot of negativity to Bristol sport. Why is that?

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Because the Opening Post is from a multiple-username, previously multiple-banned poster who is just on here to wind people up.

The purest definition of a complete c++t as OTIB gets.  

Haha, how does someone manage to get banned multiple times, what’s he been banned for previously?

2 minutes ago, Damon lewis said:

New to this site. Don’t go to many games now but have been to many over nearly 50 years. Would love to see city in the top division again but it has to be done without risking the existence of the club. Steve lansdown has given the club a sound footing but why should he spend all his money chasing the premier league. As I say I’m new here, see a lot of negativity to Bristol sport. Why is that?

Oh dear, get your tin-hat on 😆

1 minute ago, Damon lewis said:

Why have you posted the exact same post 25 mins apart? Is the BS AI machine on the blink? 😗

• Haha 5
  • Flames 1

Just now, TV Tom said:

Haha, how does someone manage to get banned multiple times, what’s he been banned for previously?

Oh dear, get your tin-hat on 😆

For being a c++t firstly.

But banned users are not allowed back.

Users are not allowed to have multiple profiles..

3 minutes ago, Damon lewis said:

How long have you got?

Just now, TV Tom said:

A lot of people are just pro Bristol City irrespective of which dire manager is in charge it doesn’t necessarily make them pro or anti LM

I think we all are Tom. But there is a distinction between supporting the club and shoehorning LM/BT into every post. A case in point were the two posts from @Cole Not Gas this morning - a valid question as to whether you’d renew Williams or James wrapped in a shitpost how good Liam was and one asking for a choice between Tommy and Sam wrapped on a shitpost about how Tinnion was brilliant.

Then this post from Lez being antagonistic.

Its bullshit. I can acknowledge you are more pro BT/LM than I am but you don’t often wind things up intentionally like in those examples. You’re city - I’m city. Those people are more I don’t know what.

But it (the distrust) has been sown by the club. That’s undoubted.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, lenred said:

Why have you posted the exact same post 25 mins apart? Is the BS AI machine on the blink? 😗

Usual tactic, two accounts operating together.  Got have time to switch devices / logins, switch on ip blocking, etc

what a w@nchor

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Damon lewis said:

Leslie Nielsen Good Luck GIF by filmeditor

• Haha 2

EDIT: Rats. Wrong account!

• Haha 16
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Damon lewis said:

Obviously a troll . Before I tell you to **** off , I’d just like to say I loved you in band of brothers 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think we all are Tom. But there is a distinction between supporting the club and shoehorning LM/BT into every post. A case in point were the two posts from @Cole Not Gas this morning - a valid question as to whether you’d renew Williams or James wrapped in a shitpost how good Liam was and one asking for a choice between Tommy and Sam wrapped on a shitpost about how Tinnion was brilliant.

Then this post from Lez being antagonistic.

Its bullshit. I can acknowledge you are more pro BT/LM than I am but you don’t often wind things up intentionally like in those examples. You’re city - I’m city. Those people are more I don’t know what.

But it (the distrust) has been sown by the club. That’s undoubted.

Some of those people are super fans. They will happily tell you that. 

So it’s all just politics. I do believe the way to go for city is produce their own talent and buy the best lower league players. City have always been on average a second tier mid table team. Yes with the right head coach/manager and luck they can get promotion to the prem. liam manning is in that position now and he needs to be judged after he has brought in the type of players he wants. I get as frustrated as all city fans when they lose, especially to perceived lower teams. I would like to hear what people on here do think is the way to getting to the prem and also staying there. I saw us in the top division and then watched us relegated in 3 successive seasons. Then a long period of lower league football.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

For being a c++t firstly.

But banned users are not allowed back.

Users are not allowed to have multiple profiles..

12 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Obviously a troll . Before I tell you to **** off , I’d just like to say I loved you in band of brothers 

Always a good compère on hignfy and a very good Henry VIII