IGNORED

Ficklest fan base in Football?

Fredford89

4 minutes ago, Damon lewis said:

So it’s all just politics. I do believe the way to go for city is produce their own talent and buy the best lower league players. City have always been on average a second tier mid table team. Yes with the right head coach/manager and luck they can get promotion to the prem. liam manning is in that position now and he needs to be judged after he has brought in the type of players he wants. I get as frustrated as all city fans when they lose, especially to perceived lower teams. I would like to hear what people on here do think is the way to getting to the prem and also staying there. I saw us in the top division and then watched us relegated in 3 successive seasons. Then a long period of lower league football.

Why though? Are we good at buying the best lower league players?

Genuine question, and maybe there's an obvious answer I'm missing... But who was the last lower league player we bought, developed, and who then turned out to be premiership quality?

Brownhill? Ayling? That's not a great hit rate if so, so why should that be the way for us to go?

Honestly, I don't think the slowly slowly, gradually develop a manager and team approach is the way to go. I think you have to build a bit of a head of steam, then just decide to go for it one year, splash some serious money, and have a proper crack at it.

I think the idea of signing a few kids, spending £1m-4m each summer and hoping you get there actually means you end up exactly where we are EVERY YEAR - mid table.

• Like 3

Coincidence that there are several new posters after a win? I think not. 

Do Bristol Sport honestly think we're thick?

Just now, Damon lewis said:

Who is going to fund the money to ‘go for it’ ?

Let's see if you're still here if we lose on Monday.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Their forum is astonishing. A majority seem to think the club is rotten to the core and that the owners, manager and squad all need to go!

I'd be surprised if they want the owners to go, given the history.

But not surprised by the other two given they had the title sown up by January and are now on a horrendous run, fuelled in part by an alleged falling out between players and head coach.

Plus, all season fans haven't been enamored with the style of play. 

10 minutes ago, Ecko said:

Coincidence that there are several new posters after a win? I think not. 

Do Bristol Sport honestly think we're thick?

Let's see if you're still here if we lose on Monday.

He’s not Bristol Sport.

He’s just a wind up merchant.

He creates multiple accounts.

• Robin 1

Bottom line - all football fans are fickle, it goes with territory. When your team is winning and doing well everyone are. happy bunnies and the manager is the best thing since sliced bread.

When your team is struggling every supporter is fed up and downbeat, full of negativity and the manager is clueless and should be sacked. 

Every  club has fickle fans and no one club is any worse than the next.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Bottom line - all football fans are fickle, it goes with territory. When your team is winning and doing well everyone are. happy bunnies and the manager is the best thing since sliced bread.

When your team is struggling every supporter is fed up and downbeat, full of negativity and the manager is clueless and should be sacked. 

id love to see a stat on how many teams  regularly win 3 or more championship games on the trot, it cant be many? most football fans of clubs in the champ are miserable because winning regularly just doesn't happen often.

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

Their forum is astonishing. A majority seem to think the club is rotten to the core and that the owners, manager and squad all need to go!

Their DoF is at a level of popularity that makes Tinnion look like everyone's best mate.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Glasgow Red said:

id love to see a stat on how many teams  regularly win 3 or more championship games on the trot, it cant be many? most football fans of clubs in the champ are miserable because winning regularly just doesn't happen often.

That is true, it’s worse for the majority of prem teams

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I think if you factor in expectation and entitlement, the more successful teams have less tolerant fans.

I do hanker for the day when we suffer a home draw against Liverpool and our fans complain about it on 606, or it's equivalent in the year 4060.

Just now, Show Me The Money! said:

I know we should all be like you in “Band of brothers”.

Oh sorry that was Damian Lewis. My bad!

(poor joke I know. I’ve been drinking)

Me too, I don’t mind bad jokes, just find it funny how people get upset so easily. It’s probably the sad life I lead and not believing everything is a conspiracy. Tinnion was  not a good manager but he does seem to know a good youngster. That’s going to get me a lot of abuse. 

Just now, Damon lewis said:

Me too, I don’t mind bad jokes, just find it funny how people get upset so easily. It’s probably the sad life I lead and not believing everything is a conspiracy. Tinnion was  not a good manager but he does seem to know a good youngster. That’s going to get me a lot of abuse. 

There’s a huge jump between being competent at running an academy and being competent at running a football club.

Tinnion has shown how large that jump is

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damon lewis said:

New to this site. Don’t go to many games now but have been to many over nearly 50 years. Would love to see city in the top division again but it has to be done without risking the existence of the club. Steve lansdown has given the club a sound footing but why should he spend all his money chasing the premier league. As I say I’m new here, see a lot of negativity to Bristol sport. Why is that?

So when the board said we had a top 6 squad which was underperforming do you think they were telling the truth? If so, why is Manning failing? If they were lying then I would say the club really is rotten to the core, if the directors lie to supporters to cover the real reasons for their decisions. Which is it?