IGNORED

Ficklest fan base in Football?

Fredford89

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Ficklest is not a word. Try again.

Are you Suzy Dent and is this dictionary corner ? :)

5 hours ago, Damon lewis said:

So when you have sacked manning and the board, what is the next move?

I must admit I do consider it hugely rude to refuse to answer questions, but insist on asking more. I asked a perfectly simple question which you have blanked, presumably because to answer it undermines your entire argument. But instead have demanded I give answers to you. It is typical of the contempt those in power at the club show for its supporters. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Usual tactic, two accounts operating together.  Got have time to switch devices / logins, switch on ip blocking, etc

what a w@nchor

The post was supposed to be positive 😂and what are you talking about 

Is there a definition of “fickle” that I’m unaware of? The fact that lots of people preferred NP means that they are the opposite of fickle.

One result doesn’t make a good manager. Yes, we beat 2 very good teams. We then lost to lots of mediocre teams. Does that make him a good manager? A good manager can beat good and bad teams, not just the good ones.

As the question was asked, I’m in the Nige camp. However, I know that he isn’t coming back and I wanted LM to do well. He’s in charge of my club after all. He hasn’t done anything to convince me, bar the occasional good result. I suspect that a lot of fans think the same.

If we go on a run, I’ll be pleased. It won’t stop me thinking that NP shouldn’t have been sacked though.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

On 30/03/2024 at 16:41, Fredford89 said:

Let the Pearson Obsession die if anything think he’s laid down the foundations as he did when he last left Leicester 🤷‍♂️

Twine was the big January signing he starts we beat Leicester 🤷‍♂️get off Pearsons parsnip and give Manning a chance 

Emojis aren’t punctuation, nor are they a substitute.

20 hours ago, Damon lewis said:

Work, other commitments. I probably don’t have the right to comment recently because I don’t go to games much but I have been to many games over the years, and most of them were in the days when city were in the third and forth division. I do pay to watch online. For all the memorable games I have been to there are many more forgettable games. 

Woah there, everybody has the right to comment no matter how many games you go to. 

It’s shouldn’t be for anyone to say who can comment and who can’t. 

That’s regardless of whether I agree with your posts or not 

I would say most fans are fickle but reading the comments on here after back to back wins, I would say this is pretty special!

Three games ago it wasn’t even just a case of Manning (or Tinnion) out, it was the disconnect from the club completely. Now, back to back wins against a decent Leicester side who had 1 win in 5 league games, and relegation threatened Plymouth, we are suddenly building something special!

I stand by the fact that my passion for this club has it an all time low. No amount of wins under this leadership team, top to bottom, will change that.

• Like 3
  • Flames 3

On 01/04/2024 at 19:51, formerly known as ivan said:

I would say most fans are fickle but reading the comments on here after back to back wins, I would say this is pretty special!

Three games ago it wasn’t even just a case of Manning (or Tinnion) out, it was the disconnect from the club completely. Now, back to back wins against a decent Leicester side who had 1 win in 5 league games, and relegation threatened Plymouth, we are suddenly building something special!

I stand by the fact that my passion for this club has it an all time low. No amount of wins under this leadership team, top to bottom, will change that.

ditto that,someone else who realises our problems are not going to go away with no real professional proven leadership anywhere now👍

• Like 4

On 01/04/2024 at 19:51, formerly known as ivan said:

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

ditto that,someone else who realises our problems are not going to go away with no real professional proven leadership anywhere now👍

I don't think people's connection to the club is ever going to be what it was 20 years ago, and that is a general thing in football at the higher levels, although the contrast from what it used to be to now is greater for City just because what the club went through in the eighties created a very special bond for a fair few people.

The way football is now, for clubs to compete in the top two divisions they have to become more businesslike and corporate, and that automatically reduces how much a part of the club the fans feel. I honestly believe that applies for just about every club at our level, and maybe even a few below but with ambitions.

Personally, the time I felt closest to the club was the late nineties, the early days of City fans connecting online and City with Scott Davidson in charge. Once Steve Lansdown took over and we started on the path to Bristol Sport I felt the disconnect, and complained about it quite vociferously at the time. I like to think that I have now come out the other side from that, and can actually see the sense in what SL is trying to achieve with Bristol Sport and I actually quite like it. What helped to reignite my support for the club was bringing my young son and watching him grow into a passionate City fan.

In recent times the club has certainly made mistakes. Jon Lansdown has been allowed influence above his abilities without doubt, and Tins as DoF doesn't sit well with me just because I know from personal experience that he isn't the brightest! Lovely bloke though.

Pearson was maybe sacked too early, though you never know behind the scenes precisely what is going on so maybe the timing was perfect, but I do think our progression under him was showing signs of plateauing so maybe it was for the best.

I also think people have been far too quick to turn on Manning, mainly because they are pissed off about Pearson, but I think some of the matches under him at home have been better than anything else we have been served up since the best days of Lee Johnson (the Man Utd match season in particular).

Football fans are certainly fickle, and your passion for football/City may have expired, but keep at it and it will return, maybe just in a different way. I don't think we will ever feel a 'part' of the club the way it used to be possible to unless something goes very very wrong and I personally don't want that to happen.

• Like 5

On 30/03/2024 at 16:41, Fredford89 said:

Let the Pearson Obsession die if anything think he’s laid down the foundations as he did when he last left Leicester 🤷‍♂️

Twine was the big January signing he starts we beat Leicester 🤷‍♂️get off Pearsons parsnip and give Manning a chance 

Some on here will say you know fickle.

Also, what is Pearson’s “parsnip”?

Whatever it is, I want to get to the root of it.

• Flames 1

We are nowhere near the most fickle fans. If we were we'd be marching out if Ashton Gate with our feet and that's not happening. Our away support is also holding up well. There are clubs in the EFL and Prem whose crowds hugely inflate during the good times and quickly dissolve when the going gets tough. For a near example look at the SAGS league crowds compared to what crawls out of the woodwork on a, trip to Wembley.. 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

36 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

We are nowhere near the most fickle fans. If we were we'd be marching out if Ashton Gate with our feet and that's not happening. Our away support is also holding up well. There are clubs in the EFL and Prem whose crowds hugely inflate during the good times and quickly dissolve when the going gets tough. For a near example look at the SAGS league crowds compared to what crawls out of the woodwork on a, trip to Wembley.. 

Academic I know but it would be great to see in an alternative universe, what crowds the biggest clubs would get had they been as monumentally shite as we have been for the majority of our existence.

Fickle my arse.

Edited by Natchfever
  • Like 1
  • Robin 1

Hope we’re not being too hard on the OP! I understand why the question was asked and the answer is Cardiff!

I had a lot of time for Nige and was against his sacking initially but not any more. R kid has done enough to earn himself a preseason with this squad. Yes the inconsistency is still there but in hindsight I could not see that going away with Nige, it was a problem he had for all of his time here. There are also positives to build on. Mehmeti’s  development under Liam, and his record against the better teams to name two. Roberts is having a fairly good run as well. 

I know what you’re thinking, it’s this kind of hope that kills us/ makes us City fans. But at the very darkest delusional depths of my brain there is something telling me that Liams appointment could yet be proven to be a master stroke. 

Edited by real_bristol