IGNORED

Wells

JAWS

What was up with him yesterday? I was urging LM to bring TC off as he looked knackered but Wells looked like he'd been on the p*ss! So lethargic and disinterested. I couldn't have blamed LM if he had subbed him & much as it pains me, HC's energy would've been more effective at that late stage.

• Like 1

Agreed he was bent over blowing after one run. I find him so frustrating,  i dont know if he lacks strength to hold off players so falls over or just dives as soon as he gets in the box, i would rather have had cornick on the pitch at least he can run about

I had a chip repaired in my windscreen this week by Autoglass which was done by the only female technician they have in the South West and she was a QPR fan.

She was amazed at how poor Nakhi had been since we signed him - they were very sad to see him go and just don’t understand why he’s never played as well at Ashton Gate.

As said before I reckon (hope) he had been ill, as when he was bent over double after a shortish run made him look like he’d been on the pitch all game rather than the last 10 mins!

We just need a quality centre forward who can score goals on his own and when put through by the likes of Knight etc,

I hate to say it but think Nakhi ‘s best days seem to be over!

• Like 1

One of those where it wouldn't surprise me if mutual parting was agreed in the summer, or nominal fee.

It's a shame - as that period after NP gave him the cold treatment he had a spell where he scored 2 and 3 assists (one of which was the cross to TC at Cardiff?).

Add to that, 34 in June - could just be the legs can't hack it anymore. Was surprised when Vestergaard caught up when he was put through on goal by James when he came on.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Dunno if Nahki was ill, but there had been a bout doing the rounds this week.  Dickie one of them.

Yeah that's what I thought Fevs. He was really struggling. I would've pulled him as we couldn't really afford to carry anyone 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Dunno if Nahki was ill, but there had been a bout doing the rounds this week.  Dickie one of them.

He certainly wasn't unwell @Davefevs I was having a natter with him in long ashton coop while he was getting a coffee from the costa machine in there on Wednesday which was the players day off he was all good 👍  very nice bloke is nhaki where I live I regularly get the chance to speak to the players fam is also a neighbour of mine and again a proper decent lad!! Unfortunately I think Nahkis legs and stamina have gone probably doesn't help being a bit part player he has definitely regressed alot he has 1 more year left in his contract I beileve he definitely seems well settled in the area !

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 3

Not a season he’ll look back with much fondness, it could have been different.

Two attempts he’d expect to normally take, one late in extra time to beat Forest setting up a home tie v Man Utd next and one which would have surely seen us go on to beat Ipswich which would have had Manning and Tinnion purring about it until Christmas.

3 hours ago, Denbury Red said:

I had a chip repaired in my windscreen this week by Autoglass which was done by the only female technician they have in the South West and she was a QPR fan.

She was amazed at how poor Nakhi had been since we signed him - they were very sad to see him go and just don’t understand why he’s never played as well at Ashton Gate.

As said before I reckon (hope) he had been ill, as when he was bent over double after a shortish run made him look like he’d been on the pitch all game rather than the last 10 mins!

We just need a quality centre forward who can score goals on his own and when put through by the likes of Knight etc,

I hate to say it but think Nakhi ‘s best days seem to be over!

He’s 33 so probably has at least another 2 or 3 seasons in him. Any player with his level of experience will be an asset especially to younger players in much the same way King and James are.

I think you’re right about him not being fully fit. He tires fairly quickly which indicates that he’s not a 100%.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TV Tom said:

He’s been a major disappointment ever since he arrived considering how much we paid for him

5m pre covid is 2m post covid

• Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I sort of see what you're getting at but I wonder if that is passing...Some big spending clubs again in the Championship this year.

Market is now recovering defo. Realistically, in todays world, if Nakhi was 30 years old, playing on loan at QPR from premiership burnley now and scored 15+ goals in 6 months, im not so sure burnley would charge any near to 5m. 
Me and my old man are convinced if scott was pre covid, all sorts of money would be flying about. Not sure we would be getting 13m for the lloyd kelly we had in 2019 either…

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Had a look yesterday, hes got 3 league goals this season, plus another against oxford in the cup. Seeing as his whole game is about being a “bagsman” as he calls it, that isnt enough. 

I’m not saying that’s great but seeing as he usually gets the last 15 minutes now he’s not exactly getting much chance to improve on that.

Obvious as he goes into the last year of his contract that his best days are behind him, but he has a decent availability record & with rumours Conway (almost certainly) & Cornick (possibly) could be off this summer he’s a useful experienced back up player.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

I’m not saying that’s great but seeing as he usually gets the last 15 minutes now he’s not exactly getting much chance to improve on that.

Obvious as he goes into the last year of his contract that his best days are behind him, but he has a decent availability record & with rumours Conway (almost certainly) & Cornick (possibly) could be off this summer he’s a useful experienced back up player.

Personally I wouldn't waste any money on a "back up player"

After a great performance some people just have to pick on a player to moan about.. Max had a good game so did Memheti and Vyner was good  (all but 1 mistake ) and Cornick never played so whos in this weeks firing line i know lets say Wells

• Like 1

I thought Tommy played better on Friday than he has done for a while, the reasons for that are maybe a different debate altogether. However Friday aside I believe Wells has helped both him and Bell's game. Earlier in the season they both seemed to play better when Wells was on the pitch.

Obviously Bell is injured so can't compare his stats, and I haven't looked at any, but rarely do Conway and Wells get any game time together now? 

Previously, I mean in past seasons, I thought Wells was sometimes guilty of trying to hard, eg wasting energy chasing hopeless balls instead of playing more intelligently. I Friday I thought he somewhat reverted back to that and was blowing almost immediately.

• Like 1

Just doesn't seem suited to me for the lone striker role. I'd be happy for him to be moved on in the summer probably on a hefty wage as well.

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

I thought Tommy played better on Friday than he has done for a while, the reasons for that are maybe a different debate altogether. However Friday aside I believe Wells has helped both him and Bell's game. Earlier in the season they both seemed to play better when Wells was on the pitch.

Obviously Bell is injured so can't compare his stats, and I haven't looked at any, but rarely do Conway and Wells get any game time together now? 

First half Tommy was very good 2nd half he never kept possession hence why he was subbed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Super said:

Just doesn't seem suited to me for the lone striker role. I'd be happy for him to be moved on in the summer probably on a hefty wage as well.

First half Tommy was very good 2nd half he never kept possession hence why he was subbed.

I would agree with this. Lone striker isn't for him