IGNORED

Plymouth Argyle away match thread

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Jimbo76 said:

I know hindsight and all that. But how did we let Szmodics go. Another 2 already today!

He was a completely different player back then

1 minute ago, 22A said:

As for the shirts; the manufacturers insist on clubs wearing the away shirt on so many occasions to encourage fans to buy that as well  as the home shirt.

That's completely untrue, Ps this is our THIRD kit not our away kit 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
5 minutes ago, redkev said:

Like everything in this country now heaven & earth moved or changed / amended for the minority impacting the majority , and for all those who will no doubt have a pop at me for saying that , it’s the bloody truth 

It ain’t the truth mate. You’ve just spent too much time reading the Daily Mail comments.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Well. Sat off and had a look for about 20 minutes , using that high block .
Then something happened. We started to press , Roberts went from CB to further forward on the left, first seemed to step into MF for a while but then seemed almost a winger at times , LMF . 

A couple of corners has caused us problems , but not too many scares . 
Twine was unlucky from the James through ball , couple of almosts , but we looked much better for the last 20 minutes .
Played some nice stuff at times, but a couple of occasions we just held the ball to long and we need to pass the ball quicker . Some of the switch passing has been great . 
One moan is Stroud pulling us up for some very soft "fouls" , but he has let the game flow quite well. 
Just need not to switch off at the start of the 2nd half now. Get some of those passes into TC , been close a couple of times . So far so OK.

• Like 1

Like everything in this country now heaven & earth moved or changed / amended for the minority impacting the majority , and for all those who will no doubt have a pop at me for saying that , it’s the bloody truth 

red v green makes it virtually impossible for me (for one) to watch. I'm sorry that upsets you

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, Jimbo76 said:

Need to sub Conway. Don't mind trying anyone else up front. Twine? Cornick?

Something not right with Conway. Either confidence or unsettled at the club but not been at it for a while.

Just think he can't play up front on his own. 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Decent last 15 minutes for us there, if we start the 2nd half like that then think we have a real chance of winning this game 

The longer the game is tight the more likely the home supporters will get restless and will increase the pressure on them 

1 minute ago, LoyalRed said:

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Problem is that we have a new plan A every game. 

We don't impose our game on opponents. We constantly change depending on the opposition and that just doesn't work.

Sorry I'm genuinely confused here - your original complaint was that we were doing the same thing wasn't it - "stumble across something that worked and kept on until it no longer worked"

But now you're complaining we have a new plan A every game.

Which is it?

You say impacting the majority but it's not any impact at all, we can tell the difference between the teams, someone with deuteranomaly colour blindness would really struggle if we were in red. 

If anything playing in this set up is allowing everyone to watch the game and that's coming from someone who hates our yellow kit. 

• Like 3
Just now, Sweeneys Penalties said:

red v green makes it virtually impossible for me (for one) to watch. I'm sorry that upsets you

It doesn’t upset me , I’m just saying as a general rule be it right or wrong it’s what happens in this country now 

anyway we should be easy to distinguish we’re the ones defending / misplacing passes and conceding goals in the last 10 mins of games , I hope that helps 👍

6 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

A half of two halves! 

A half of thirds!! 🤣🤣🤣

First 30 - Plymouth 

Last 15 - City

Slow start, good finish, but some poor touches in good situations.  Plymouth’s physicality meaning City waiting for the challenge rather than concentrating on the touch, where they might earn a foul, or get away.

Glad we are 0-0 if I’m being honest, not that they’ve created much with their frenzied play.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

Sorry I'm genuinely confused here - your original complaint was that we were doing the same thing wasn't it - "stumble across something that worked and kept on until it no longer worked"

Which is it?

What it really is, is "I wanted Frank Lampard so now I will literally complain about everything".

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, bredwood said:

It ain’t the truth mate. You’ve just spent too much time reading the Daily Mail comments.

I do tread the papers mate , I just live in the real world , I never said I agreed with it , it’s just what happens in this era 

3 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Which is it?

You won’t get a reply

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Chrizzler said:

As technology isn't my strong point can anyone tell me how to get rid of the banner advertising the Blackburn game from the screen on Robins tv please. 

I’d rather they change the advert for tickets to the upcoming Bristol Ctiy box Blackburn match. 

4 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Which is it?

Loves to contradict himself to criticise Manning, which is odd as there’s many reasonable things to criticise LM about. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Jimbo76 said:

Need to sub Conway. Don't mind trying anyone else up front. Twine? Cornick?

Something not right with Conway. Either confidence or unsettled at the club but not been at it for a while.

Think Conway is fine, and has received quite a bit of unfair criticism recently.

Biggest issue with Conway in recent times has simply been our inability to get the ball to him and to create chances for him.

9 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Impacting the majority? Hahaha.

Snowflake / wouldn't want you in the trenches mate etc. etc.

Me snowflake , think your judgement is about as bad as some of our forward play this year , as for being in the trenches ummmm I think you would if the cause was right 

15 minutes ago, redkev said:

****. Off.

• Like 1
  • Flames 2