IGNORED

Plymouth Argyle away match thread

• Admin
3 minutes ago, 2015 said:

POP

This brings back memories and adds to the sweetness of victory 

Amazing how they won the league last season with Ipswich second, how they've both moved on 

2 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Really good performance. Perfect tactics from Liam and Mehmeti the MOM

Manning takes the credit today for the half time changes that saw us control the second half 

1 minute ago, Bristolboy_06 said:

I made a point to watch everything he did. Misplaced 50% of passes and didn’t win a single header. Not to mention shanking a shot to the corner flag 🤣

For context what did he do last time he played? 

• Like 3

Don't think plymouth troubled us at all. After about 10 minutes when they'd blown out of puff we were just better than them without battering them.

The plymouth commentary were clutching a bit during the first half saying a Plymouth goal was coming.

I don't think Plymouth set up at all like the teams where we have struggled but they still really didn't look very good/we were better than them.

• Like 3

Good professional win.

Argyle struggled whenever Whittaker didn’t have the ball & must be looking over their shoulder now.

Clear penalty for the push on Sykes, good job it didn’t matter.

Makes such a difference when you can make a triple sub & bring on the likes of Sykes, Williams & Wells.

Far stronger bench will often produce a better result.

• Like 12
1 minute ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

Deserved for the second half, still a bit toothless in the final third. Not really many clear cut chances throughout. 

Can see why they are down where they are, lack of quality and things not going their way and the toxicity is building. No home goals in 5 games. 

We've caught two teams at the right time and deserved both wins, see if we can carry that on at Sunderland.

Leicester are top after beating Norwich 3-1 so they can't be much of a pushover!

1 minute ago, Fjmcity said:

Surely it’s a decent observation against a what has been a tide of negativity? Something we should celebrate no? Pound for pound we now have a better manager at the helm 

Same old tired arguments on either side of the debate that just get churned out.

Manning has not achieved enough in the game nor his time here to come up with the pound for pound better comparison of an experienced and arguably successful league manager over the duration of his career.

Personally I don’t think he’s all that, but he has bought himself some time. He’ll be judged on where we are next season.

• Like 9

That was enjoyable.

Backing up the great win vs Leicester, that's good.

The triple substition and change of shape some credit there.

First half of the first half we looked up against it. We did improve from there.

I hope Twine isn't injured again, he did go off.

If we can get 10-12 points from the remainder of the season that would be getting back to par.

It's better..let's hope we can keep up the improvement in performance level and results.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, lenred said:

Can see why they haven’t scored for 5 home games.  All over us first 30 but no threat at all. Still.  You have to beat what’s in front of you so well done City.   

Yep - my neighbour invited me in to watch the game on RTV and much to my surprise the lag was only about 3 seconds!

Must be my home set up that causes the lag - unless the service has been improved…….…..:dunno:

1 minute ago, RedEyez said:

Hope Twine will be ok and the sub was just precautionary..

Twine has made a big imo even if we haven't seen him at his best. High quality players are good to have around.

1 hour ago, redkev said:

And what’s that for 

Well you stated, in response to me, that a normal and minor change - a football team playing away from home in its away or third kit is very normal - made in part to accommodate a real issue that affects many people, was "moving heaven and earth" and was also somehow the same as some other apparently unjust societal changes. You didn't specify those though so I can only imagine what they might be.

Anyway, I didn't want to derail the match day thread whilst the game was on by explaining exactly why your statement was rude and wrong, but I did not want it to go united and I did want to express my disagreement with it.

I therefore chose the route of brevity, and I told you to "**** off".

ps. Great win today, well done to all involved.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1
Just now, Graham76 said:

Fair play, Mannings turned things around and football seems more positive now. 

Maybe LM has finally getting his methods across? Two clean sheets over Easter and 6 points are good signs, shame it’s so late in the season.

Tbf the game went exactly as I thought it would , I knew they would come out fast , remember there in the shite it’s there local Derby and the fans down there don’t really like us ( even though I didn’t think the atmosphere was n e thing special ) it was always a case of seeing off the whirlwind start and grow into the game which we done ,

we really could do with some more options upfront though ,

I don’t know if it’s the system or his attitude but Conway ( when not on tv ) seems to look rather disinterested 

Vyner Dickie and Knight all superb today. Knight far better in a deeper role bursting through running towards the goal rather than with his back to it. Vyner and Dickie so good with the ball with their passing along with their solid defending as ever.

• Like 9