IGNORED

Plymouth Argyle away match thread

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Well you stated, in response to me, that a normal and minor change - a football team playing away from home in its away or third kit is very normal - made in part to accommodate a real issue that affects many people, was "moving heaven and earth" and was also somehow the same as some other apparently unjust societal changes. You didn't specify those though so I can only imagine what they might be.

Anyway, I didn't want to derail the match day thread whilst the game was on by explaining exactly why your statement was rude and wrong, but I did not want it to go united and I did want to express my disagreement with it.

I therefore chose the route of brevity, and I told you to "**** off".

ps. Great win today, well done to all involved.

Respect for coming back to me , 

we’re all city great 3 points 

3 minutes ago, nick jones of hereford said:

The Evil Post suggested he had cramp

Thanks. I was half watching and half doing something else and heard that he “hurt himself” playing a pass so wasn’t sure if his quad went again. 

• Admin

The most impressive things today is we saw signs that Manning is finally prepared to change things if Plan A isn’t working as evidenced by the change of shape during the first half and again at half time. We’ve been told he’s learning on the job, hopefully this learn is now a permanent addition to his toolbox.

• Like 14
1 minute ago, redkev said:

Tbf the game went exactly as I thought it would , I knew they would come out fast , remember there in the shite it’s there local Derby and the fans down there don’t really like us ( even though I didn’t think the atmosphere was n e thing special ) it was always a case of seeing off the whirlwind start and grow into the game which we done ,

we really could do with some more options upfront though ,

I don’t know if it’s the system or his attitude but Conway ( when not on tv ) seems to look rather disinterested 

I think you're right about Conway. I know he doesn't get many chances, but his general play is off.

1 minute ago, mozo said:

I think you're right about Conway. I know he doesn't get many chances, but his general play is off.

1 minute ago, mozo said:

👍

Well, I have to give credit where it's due, the Subs worked well . 
I did wonder why Roberts, but with Pring there and Tanner getting some joy it made sense to get Sykes on. Really caused problems. Mehmeti had an easy pass on for2-0 , he shot again , not surprised he was swapped out for Cornick. But we really need an upgrade there. 

Good performance all round . From Max who punched well today , to Andy King ,who I would have loved him to score that one chance he had. Williams had a good impact , Knight looks so much better deeper Tanner had another good game. I think the only one below his level was Conway, and I think a lot of that is down to how Manning has played him. Though TBF we got better ball into him , including crosses. 
I did enjoy how we played the game out, specially though added time. Controlled and smart. Long may it continue.

• Like 12
16 minutes ago, Bristolboy_06 said:

I made a point to watch everything he did. Misplaced 50% of passes and didn’t win a single header. Not to mention shanking a shot to the corner flag 🤣

By that then 50% of his passes were accurate.

1 minute ago, Banjo Red said:

The Conway situation is a weird one has he had his head turned by his agent as he is well off the pace at the moment.

Might just be a lack of confidence maybe. 

Have to remember he’s probably 1st or 2nd in line striker to break into the Scotland team. With the Euros round the corner I doubt he’d be “disinterested” personally. 

5 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Thanks. I was half watching and half doing something else and heard that he “hurt himself” playing a pass so wasn’t sure if his quad went again. 

I think at the time they may have been referring to Sykes?

• Admin
3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Well, I have to give credit where it's due, the Subs worked well . 
I did wonder why Roberts, but with Pring there and Tanner getting some joy it made sense to get Sykes on. Really caused problems. Mehmeti had an easy pass on for2-0 , he shot again , not surprised he was swapped out for Cornick. But we really need an upgrade there. 

Good performance all round . From Max who punched well today , to Andy King ,who I would have loved him to score that one chance he had. Williams had a good impact , Knight looks so much better deeper Tanner had another good game. I think the only one below his level was Conway, and I think a lot of that is down to how Manning has played him. Though TBF we got better ball into him , including crosses. 
I did enjoy how we played the game out, specially though added time. Controlled and smart. Long may it continue.

I think you’re being harsh on Mehmeti, I like that he wants to shoot when in those positions. Don’t forget that we scored following the keeper saving his initial effort.

• Like 9
Just now, Ian M said:

I think you’re being harsh on Mehmeti, I like that he wants to shoot when in those positions. Don’t forget that we scored following the keeper saving his initial effort.

Totally agree and his whipped shots on his right foot have a nice shape about them.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ian M said:

Absolutely , but he needs to look for others too. Not sure who it was , but a 5 yard pass to an unmarked player on the edge of the box with the defence all over the place ? Should have been a 2nd. He only passes when there is no option . 

He is better than he was when NP dropped him , he's learnt . But he needs to improve even more. 

• Like 2
  • Admin
15 minutes ago, Totterdown's Finest said:

Well, it was the spelling I was getting pedantic about!

15 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

I think the point was the ability (or rather the lack of) to spell the club's name.

I completely missed that 😁🤦

• Haha 1
  • Admin
1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Absolutely , but he needs to look for others too. Not sure who it was , but a 5 yard pass to an unmarked player on the edge of the box with the defence all over the place ? Should have been a 2nd. He only passes when there is no option . 

He is better than he was when NP dropped him , he's learnt . But he needs to improve even more. 

No doubt but I did see evidence of him sliding others in when previously he’d have kept going alone. I’m convinced there’s a 10+ goal a season player in there at this level, it’s unlocking it that will be key to us succeeding.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, redkev said:

Respect for coming back to me , 

we’re all city great 3 points 

No worries.

I try and stay civil on here at all times, but your comment angered me to the point of swearing.

If you'd ever like to understand how being colourblind can affect life, or football, then feel free to ask.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 3

That was more satisfying than the Leicester win for me.

We already know we can put a performance in against the big teams, but to put such a controlled performance in like that against a struggling team was badly needed at this point. 

Good stuff City 👍🏻

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Agreed but I think the faults in his game are all coachable. Also don’t think it’s the most important position that we currently need a signing for. And tbf to him, he’s always available which is in short supply with our current squad. 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Agreed.

Mehmeti is primarily in the team to provide threat, creativity, and goal contributions. He's been doing exactly that recently.
Naturally, performing such a role means he's also liable to giving the ball away more than other players. If he 'got it right' every time then he'd be playing for Real Madrid. 

I think Mehmeti is looking really promising in that '2' behind the striker at the moment.

• Like 6
13 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I agree. 
I think in recent weeks Mehmeti has been our most influential player. 
Of course, not everything he tries will come off, but that’s the life of a winger - you are tasked with being positive and trying to create/score. 
He’s had a number of involvements in goals (not assists and goals but also in build up to chances and goals). He carries a threat running with the ball and allows us to get ‘up the field’. 
He’s a threat. It won’t always come off, but when it’s does it’s great. 
I’d much rather have a winger like him, who tries things but often fails, than a winger who doesn’t try anything and just checks back to the full back all the time. 
I believe in Mehmeti. I’m sticking by him. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 18
  • Robin 1
6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

No worries.

I try and stay civil on here at all times, but your comment angered me to the point of swearing.

If you'd ever like to understand how being colourblind can affect life, or football, then feel free to ask.

Not sure who posted it, but someone shared a picture with an example of how it can look , I think it may have been Rugby I'll have to look. But that was the point I realised and started questioning things myself.

• Like 1