IGNORED

Mods: new accounts

Davefevs

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I named my first budgie Joey after Joe90!

I think my son Joe (Joseph) wasn’t my choice, but when Mrs Fevs suggested it, this was who came into mind.

IMG_0272.thumb.jpeg.d91bf05ddbf38791d0d608a4965e1431.jpeg

Great photo.

Joseph is a top bloke.

I named my first cat (red tabby!) Riley, he was often up on the fence, really disappointed that he didn’t ever do the goal celebration though..

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• Admin
49 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Is there anything we can do to stop new accounts?

this Lez, Chris, Dog, etc thing is becoming a joke.

can we restrict posts to say 1 per day for 10 days, or something like that?

In theory every new account has to have their first five posts approved, but for an unknown reason this isn't currently working on every new account 

If someone who was previously banned we instantly block their account, sadly using a VPN can create a different ISP log in so takes a little bit longer to identify 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

All sounds a bit Big Brother to me ( George Orwell not the vacuous game show)

Certain irony that our most prolific poster is requesting a restriction on the number of posts for new accounts.

42 powerful George Orwell Quotes | Firstinspire - Stay Inspired

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Hmmm 2
  • Facepalm 9

43 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think my son Joe (Joseph) wasn’t my choice, but when Mrs Fevs suggested it, this was who came into mind.

Great photo with a City legend Dave. Joe Jordan is a legend as well of course. 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Certain irony that our most prolific poster is requesting a restriction on the number of posts for new accounts.

We can’t be having any old riff-raff in here

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Did you read Phantom’s reply, have you read the forum roles about accounts / multiple accounts?

I’m trying to help solve a problem of a person who has been banned over a dozen times and turns this brilliant forum into a something less than brilliant.

There is no irony whatsoever!

But if that’s what you think, fine.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Absolutely this.  

I detest cancel culture and totally believe everyone should have a right to express their views, whether popular on not.

That’s a very different thing to tossers who keep reappearing on here under a variety of different names, with the sole purpose of winding people up and trying to ruin what is a great forum. 

Maybe they get a twisted satisfaction that they’ve achieved something, but it detracts from many more peoples enjoyment of this board.

• Like 18

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Did you read Phantom’s reply, have you read the forum roles about accounts / multiple accounts?

I’m trying to help solve a problem of a person who has been banned over a dozen times and turns this brilliant forum into a something less than brilliant.

I can’t say that I’ve noticed that many new accounts Dave. I tend to pay attention to the more regular posters so that explains why I haven’t noticed - that said there is one new account that regularly questions some of my posts…….:cool2:

Seems very sinister to me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I can’t say that I’ve noticed that many new accounts Dave. I tend to pay attention to the more regular posters so that explains why I haven’t noticed - that said there is one new account that regularly questions some of my posts…….:cool2:

You didn’t think to name the offender then…

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

It’s a safety issue. Certain new posters try to bully and intimidate existing members, that’s not a free speech issue, certainly in the way Orwell intended it. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It's probably Gary Johnson he's a fan of yours isn't he?

• Haha 7

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Could be because you’re holding the record for most ignored poster. Don’t leave a big pool of regular posters to question your post. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

It’s no big deal Dave, we’re not gaschat, I’m still gobsmacked how some people manage to get banned several times, otib must be the most liberal forum around!!

59 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

There is no irony whatsoever!

But if that’s what you think, fine.

🤷🏻‍♂️

I can only imagine you are speaking about myself based on your hostile replies on my first post, I’m not sure who you think I am but I’m very confused about your reaction to an opinion, is this not an open forum?very childish on your part and irrational making up lies about people to get them banned?

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Absolutely this.  

I detest cancel culture and totally believe everyone should have a right to express their views, whether popular on not.

That’s a very different thing to tossers who keep reappearing on here under a variety of different names, with the sole purpose of winding people up and trying to ruin what is a great forum. 

Maybe they get a twisted satisfaction that they’ve achieved something, but it detracts from many more peoples enjoyment of this board.

If an opinion winds you up that’s your issue I’m afraid and again I don’t know who you think I am but you sound crazy 

Edited by Fredford89
  • Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

They should be banning the obvious Bristol Sport accounts. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I named my first budgie, Bobby, after Bobby Moore circa 1970. 😅

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

It’s a safety issue. Certain new posters try to bully and intimidate existing members, that’s not a free speech issue, certainly in the way Orwell intended it. 

Kind of the other way round it appears you are bullying new users 🤷‍♂️😅the irony “are we the baddies” ?

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 4

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

…….:cool2:

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Fredford89 said:

If an opinion winds you up that’s your issue I’m afraid and again I don’t know who you think I am but you sound crazy 

Funnily enough, you weren’t actually one of the posters I had in mind, though you do have your moments!   From what I’ve see, you give your opinions and while I may often disagree, that’s healthy and got no problem there.

It’s people who are being deliberately provocative and have a deliberate aim to just start an argument and cause general conflict that boil my piss.

Don’t think there’s anything crazy about that tbh.

• Like 3